[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

Assalamo Alaikom Wa Rahmato Allahi Ta3ala Wa Barakatuh

Installing OS X on

Sony VAIO S

HOT: 10.11 Install guide

BETTER THREAD: 

El Capitan UEFI Clover on Sony Vaio S

BY JOHNREY

photo-thumb-1190703.png?_r=1446419692

Post #369

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, ASK HERE

And don't flood the chat with spams

And a minute of silence for our friend VAIO who stopped producing PCs

Sony you just screwed yourself!!!

sony-11q4-vaio-se1-black-cover-lg.png?dl

Screenshot%202014-10-19%2015.47.01.png?d

I’ve been using this Laptop over a year! And I was trying to get OS X working on it, I failed and retried so many times until I got it (this summer :D ) to work 100% ;)

I would like to thank many users and programmers who helped me during that year, including but not limited to:

- Sugarface :wub:

- artur-pt (bruh!) yeah <_<

-Zombie (deadman) :frantics:

- pokenguyen <_<

- Download-Fritz (lol) :huh:

-SMX :mad:

- IlhanRaja :|

-vusun123 :wub:

- Poco yeah too <_<

- iFIRE :D

- Onixs :wub:

- Pavo :frantics:

- PJALM ( <_< )

- naiclub (naidb) :frantics:

- … and many more :shock:

This topic is mainly for Sony SVS model owners to install Mac OS Mavericks/Yosemite on it.

(This guide MAY work with many other Sony VAIOs with UEFI support, try it ;) Althought I do NOT support other than the model I have, I may help but use your goddam brain -_- )

MY VAIO's Specs:

• i7-3520M ✔️
  • 12GB RAM ✔️
  • 1TB HDD ✔️
  • Intel HD4k ✔️ + Nvidia GT640M (optimus) ofc wont work
  • Screen Resolution 1600✖900 a.k.a HD+ 13"
  • 2x USB3.0 + 1x USB2.0 ✔️
  • HDMI ✔️ + VGA❌ (fixed with a HDMI -> VGA adapter ?)
  • SDHC/MMC ❌
  • DVD/BR ✔️

What’s working:

:frantics:EVERYTHING!  :frantics:

(including NVRAM and Sleep and iMessage/FaceTime)

:huh: What’s working partially: :huh:

HDMI

Depends on the ig-platform-id you have and the audio MAY not work (that’s my case)

Update: Meh! Even VoodooHDA didn't work, hope other black magic would work  <_<

Update2: Maybe it may work for people with low resolution, I have high resolution on my internal screen, and Pokenguyen ( :wub: ) have included an Audio patch for low res HD4000 ;) hope it works for you guys :D

Close lid to sleep

Well, that's a tricky one, if you change hibernation mode (using sudo pmset hibernatemode XXX) you may lose this functionality :( to recover it remove the battery and reput it back ;)

Open lid to wake

If you done the fix above you may need to boot back to Windows > Control Center > Open Lid Action : Wake from sleep :D

:cry::( What’s not working: :(:cry:

Wifi

Intel Chips will never work, you will need another Chip either from Atheros or Broadcom (use google to see what chip to use, and you MAY look for combo ones if you want BT on your computer since this Intel chip is Wifi/BT capable).

I use AR5B195 (combo N + BT3.0 ) it works ;)

Hibernation (being fixed ... loading ...)

Reason: unknown!

Update1: looks like the new AptioFix (AptioFix 2 Test 3) is doing good :D but waking from hibernation leads to a black screen, Sleep-Wake is ok but Hibernate-Wake isn't :(

Hope someone fixes it :)

Nvidia Optimus

Will never work, since Apple has its own way to swap between these cards in MBP.

Card Reader

(working on it, there is hope :P )

(there is no Hope :( )

it's PCI card reader and Apple only support USB card readers (internal USB card readers!)

The Driver given in VoodooSDHC doesn't support RealTek card readers :( just WHY?

VGA

That's a big NOPE, Apple dropped VGA support on HD4000 drivers since 10.8.3 and upward!

:blowup:Disclaimer: :blowup:

NO ONE IN THIS FORUM (INCLUDING ME) IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS (DATA, MATERIAL, EQUIPMENT…) OCCURRED TO YOU, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE, AND BY FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS YOU AGREE TO TAKE ALL THE RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. THIS INSTALLATION ISN'T WITHOUT RISKS SO TAKE ALL THE PRECAUTIONS BEFORE DOING ANY FOOLISH ACTION, BACKUP YOUR DATA! AND FEED YOUR CAT!

Photos here are only examples, use your brain!

:excl: Important: :excl:

• Results may differ depending on your hardware, but since we have a lot of common equipment, the difference may be little.
  • I can’t be always active and answer your questions, and btw, I'm not a dev or coder, I’m just a guy who want to share his experience w/ people who have the same computer, and I gathered information here so you wont need to look for it. :)
  • A lot of parts from this guide are taken from the original |Guide| AIO Guides For Hackintosh, but since many of you are lazy (not all, just many) I rewrote the important parts here with a slice modification for our laptops.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Most-problems-can-be-resolved-in-less-th

apogYe8_460s.jpg

:gun: What we need: :gun:

• A hackintosh / real Mac / Virtualized OS X VMware_Workstation_7_logo.png?dl=0 ⇒ To prepare our USB keys
  • 2 USB keys ( one should have at least 8GB, the other one (1GB at least) is optional but HIGHLY recommended)
  • Your VAIO obviously
  • A little knowledge about command lines (you may need to write commands)
  • This Zip : Clover.zip (click on the Picture to download)
    • InsanelyMac InsanelyMac_0.png?dl=0 (always up to date)
  • This LIL’ (big) Tool
  • PATIENCE (A LOT)
  • Long lasting ;)

SAVE EVERYTHING! NOT BECAUSE WE WILL FORMAT EVERYTHING BUT FOR SAFETY! (YOU MAY TRY TO PARTITION ON WINDOWS, BUT IT MAY NOT WORK :( TRY ANYWAY!)

:plane: Steps: :plane:

1) Download OS X Mavericks from the App Store (STABLE)  

NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE (18 october 2014)

Untitled.png?dl=0

1) Download Yosemite (latest release) BETA 3 from here (UNSTABLE) (looks Stable for now, DP8/Beta3) Stable-ISH 

Screenshot%202014-10-17%2023.57.36.png?d

AND MAKE SURE THE INSTALLER IS IN APPLICATIONS FOLDER!

2) You need a 8GB USB stick, format it with Disk Utility with the following options: (from the AIO Guides for Hackintosh)

• Partition: 2 partitions
  • Partition 1: name it Clover, Format MS-DOS (FAT), size larger than 300MB
  • Partition 2: name it Untitled, Format Mac OS Extended ( Journaled ), size larger than 6.5GB
  • Options: Master Boot Record (MBR)
  • Hit Apply

3) Unzip Clover.zip and copy the EFI folder to the root of the CLOVER partition.

4) Use Hackintosh Vietnam Tool (the LIL’ big Tool :P ) to create the suitable config.plist for your PC:

• CPU: Select your CPU (for iX-2xxx choose Sandy Mobile, for iX-3xxx choose Ivy Mobile)
  • Graphics: Select your graphics (DO NOT SELECT EITHER AMD/Nvidia, unless you don't have Intel HD card, go to Device Manager on Windows > Graphic Cards to check, if you have two cards, select only the appropriate Intel HD, if not, Select either AMD/Nvidia, but remember, it may need special configuration afterward: Correct DeviceID on Drivers, Framebuffers, special Connectors ... and many others that may or may not need.)
  • SSDT: Generate
  • Boot Flags:
    • -v
    • -xcpm (for IvyBridge and Haswell users only, SandyBridge users DO NOT select that)
    • for Yosemite users, you select kext-dev-mode=1 too
  • Kext Patches:
    • Enable Trim Support (for SSD users ONLY!)
    • Still Waiting For Root
    • Bluetooth CommandWakeup (for compatible Atheros Combo Cards or Broadcoms, may need some editing for some!)
    • HD4000 DP/HDMI Port (for HD4000 users)
    • Glitch Second Stage 10.10

Finish the tool by installing it on the HDD (please DO NOT SELECT THE USB), copy the generated config.plist on the desktop to the folder EFI\Clover of the CLOVER partition. Copy the HVT (Hackintosh Vietnam Tool) to the Clover partition (make a folder named Tools in the root of that partition, and paste it there), we will need it later!

5) Open Terminal and type this:

For Mavericks:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

For Yosemite:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

Wait, it may take up to 20 mins to copy the application, so just leave it :)

:frantics: TIP! :frantics:

For People who want to dualboot without removing Windows (can’t guarantee it will work, Disk Utility may get an error!):

1) Make sure you’re on GPT mode (if you’re on MBR, then forget it, you need GPT. Tip: Use MiniTool Partition Wizard ISO (live USB) to convert your disk to GPT if it is MBR without data loss, but it will not make an EFI partition!)

2) Download Minitool Partition Wizard: http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html
3) Install it, open it, and select your partition to Split

Remember: it’s safe, but errors may happen and you lose data! Save everything on another disk (not partition, a disk) and keep it safe :)

4) When your partition is made, rename it (optional, but better safe than sorry)

6) Boot to BIOS (hit the Assist button when the laptop is off!)

SB_B_VAIO_ASSIST_WEBbuttons.jpg?dl=0

7) Make sure in boot section you have Boot Mode [uEFI]

1347270332.jpg

8) Boot to OS X Installer from the USB

9) WAIT!

10) Go to Disk Utility:

Type1: For people who want to install OS X only: (on the whole Disk)

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2021.16.19.png?d

After hitting “Apply”, you’ll get a confirmation message, hit “Erase” and let it do its thing!

Type2: For people who want to Install OS X then DualBoot with Windows:

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2021.21.18.png?d

You may rename the partitions to OS X and Windows

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2021.21.38.png?d

After hitting “Apply”, you’ll get a confirmation message, hit “Partition” and let it do its thing!

DO NOT MAKE THE SECOND PARTITION FAT32! CRUCIAL! KEEP IT HFS+!

Type3: For people who partitioned already their drives on Windows: (you may have problems here, because Disk Utility can’t format the drive!)

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2021.27.45.png?d

Close Disk Utility.

11) Select Install OS X, and waaaaaaaait :P it will stuck at “a second left” for a while, just leave it ;)

12) When it will reboot, select Install OS X, and here will start the real installation :P

:yoji: OS X is IN! :yoji:

13) After a while (you must have eaten a sandwich meanwhile) it will reboot again, select Boot OS X from <your HDD name> (as you had renamed it earlier, I did in the example OS X)

14) Now you only got to configure OS X (no need to connect to the internet ;) )

15) After configuring, open HVT we saved in Tools folder in Step 4, then Install these:

• Fixes > Disable Hibernate
  • Tools:
    • Clover Configurator
    • DPCIManager
    • IASL
    • IORegistryExplorer
    • Kext Utility (I prefer this over the Wizard, imo)
    • Kext Wizard
    • MaciASL
    • SSDT Generator

16) Open Clover’s partition, go to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/, then select all and drag them to Kext Utility, it will prompt for a password, type it and let it install

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.30.15.png?d

(this is an illustration, not the actual kexts)

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.31.51.png?d

Reboot, and use your USB disk to boot OS X

17) Connect to the internet and open Clover Configurator, go to Install/Update Clover, and do as the picture:

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.39.55.png?d

You should get this when it will begin:

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.41.57.png?d

18) Install Clover:

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2013.22.29.png?d

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.44.34.png?d

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.44.47.png?d

Screenshot%202014-09-15%2023.49.12.png?d

THEN INSTALL ;)

Copy your config.plist from earlier to your EFI disk by running this command line in Terminal:

diskutil mount disk0s1 && cp /Volumes/CLOVER/EFI/Clover/config.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/

and then use this command too :

cp -R /Volumes/CLOVER/EFI/Clover/themes /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/

19) Fix iCloud and AppStore:

Open Finder, select Go > Go to Folder > copy this:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Delete all files, and then reboot! You may boot now directly from your HDD :)

:geek: Fix DSDT and using SSDT! :geek:

Remeber! NEVER EVER USE SOMEONE ELSE’S DSDT!

AS Pavo SAYS: “It’s like using someone else’s underwear!” SO PLEASE, DO NOT USE OTHER’S DSDT!

20) Open MaciASL! NOW! Go to Preferences > iASL > ACPI 5.0

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2013.29.45.png?d

21) We need to add RehabMan’s repo (thanks a lot dude :D) :

• To add a repo, select MacIASL > Preferences > Source > click the “ + “ button, add the name “Laptop” and URL to the repo.
  • The URL is : 
    http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

4SLBaVu.png

©Pokenguyen

Now open Patch, and then select these numbers and apply them in this order:

• [syn] TNOT
  • [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • [igpu] Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)
  • [usb] USB 7-series/8-series
  • [usb] USB3 Multiplex (NOT FOR 10.11)
  • [bat] VAIO SVS Battery
    • For some other Sony laptops, they may need this [bat] VAIO SVE (it’s not only SVE, it works with some others)
  • and:

Screenshot%202015-01-03%2018.14.51.png?d

then select “Close

22) Hit Compile.

You will get 1 Error: “Object does not exist (GPRW)” (depending on the model, see here)

Click on it, and you will get this :

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04)) }
// alternate for above
//Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (Package() { 0x0D, 0x04 }) }

the first line is problematic, but Rehabman says that there is an alternative, so do so :P

//Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04)) }
// alternate for above
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (Package() { 0x0D, 0x04 }) }

and then hit compile and save it as DSDT.aml on desktop like this :

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2000.36.28.png?d

23) Open Terminal and type this:

diskutil mount disk0s1 && cp ~/Desktop/DSDT.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/

For SSDT:

24) A. When we installed HVT tool earlier, we generated an SSDT for our CPU.

Now, to use it, we need some lil’ configuring!

B. Open Terminal and do as this:

diskutil mount disk0s1 && cp /Extra/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

:excl:  :blowup: WARNING!  :blowup:  :excl:
IF YOU GET STUCK AFTER USING AN SSDT IN X8 MULTIPLIER (~700MHz ~800MHz), YOU MUST REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY!

To do that, execute this:

diskutil mount disk0s1 && rm /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml

25) Open Clover Configurator, select *double click* your config from the list (the one in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/Clover/config.plist!)

Hint: it may be shown as /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist. It's the same, because ESP=EFI System Partition, so it's basically EFI :P

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2000.44.07.png?d

and then make sure your SSDT section looks like this :

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2000.45.19.png?d

26) Save.

Now! To check if USB3.0 and the SpeedStep are working, we need to remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext by using this command:

sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSB* && sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo chown -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && diskutil mount disk0s1 && rm -Rf /V*/E*/E*/C*/k*/O*/GenericUSB*

OR

sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSB* && diskutil mount disk0s1 && rm -Rf /V*/E*/E*/C*/k*/O*/GenericUSB*

and then open Kext Utility and let it fix and do its thing! ;)

27) Reboot!

28) After reboot, open DPCIManager, unplug your AC cord, and select P-States
You should get a windows like this (some error messages will pop up just OK them :P )

tvTK2zc.jpg

©Pokenguyen, this picture doesn't belong to me :P

If you get 6 or more states that’s ok, for some reason, I didn’t get a good number of P-states, since my SSDT is broken and make me stuck @ State 8 (or multiplier x8 as stated above in the warning) so I removed it and kept -xcpm which do good with 4 P-States (well … yea). This may occur for i7-3520M owners (like me).

To remove the SSDT just use this in Terminal:

diskutil mount disk0s1 && rm /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Request to Devs and SSDT Experts: HELP! (LOL)

Fixing Audio(*) & USB Output

Open Clover Configurator, Go to Devices, make it look like this ;)

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2016.12.31.png?d

(*): For Audio, I made the DummyHDA.kext for the ALC275 (maybe it's the common codec), if you have another one, see here: Clover Config: Convert your patched AppleHDA to Clover patching-on-the-fly

Then go to Kernel and Kext Patches: 

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-04%20at%206.46.3

and make sure you have these 3 entries:

Hit "+" and then type these:

• Name* : AppleHDA
  • Find* : 8508EC10
  • Replace* : 00000000
  • Comment : <whatever you want, the comment in the picture is taken from the AIO Guide : Patch AppleHDA on-the-fly>
  • InfoPlistPatch : DO NOT CHECK

Hit "+" again and then type these:

• Find* : 8419D411
  • Replace* : 7502EC10
  • Comment : <whatever you want, the comment in the picture is taken from the AIO Guide : Patch AppleHDA on-the-fly>

Hit "+" again and then type these:

• Find* : 8408EC10
  • Replace* : 00000000

:excl: The RED entries are CaSe SeNsItIVe :sick: , be careful writing them down!

​Save, reboot and try ;)

Now let’s install Windows!

(only for people who used 10) Type2: Install OS X then Windows)

Installing Windows 8

(DO NOT USE THE RECOVERY DISK/PARTITION!)

Microsoft_windows_8_logo_by_n_studios_2-

Before doing any of these steps, use the spare 1GB USB we had from requirements, format it to FAT32 (MS-DOS FAT) then run this in Terminal: diskutil mount disk0s1
then open then EFI patition, copy the EFI folder to the blank USB! Then let’s continue :)

29) Download Windows 8 ISO, extract it on a FAT32 (MS-DOS FAT) blank USB.

30) Download Bootx64.efi (originally, it was only bootmgfw.efi from /Source/install.wim/0/Windows/Boot/ using 7-zip)

Screenshot%202014-10-19%2014.28.28.png?d << Click Me

31) Open the USB key, go to efi, make a folder named “boot”, then copy bootx64.efi we downloaded to that boot folder.

32) Now reboot and boot from the USB, in the “Select Disk Section” Select your Second partition (look at the sizes of the partitions, when OS X makes an HFS volume, it make some free disk space around it), select it, select “Drive Options (advanced)” the select “Delete” then select the blank space again (look at the size) then select “Erase”. It will prompt you that it will make extra partitions (system partitions only, who cares!) and the select install, keep it, it will reboot many times until you get to Windows (you will loose clover! that’s why wee made the 1GB USB ;) ).

Configure it, install Drivers and other stuff then :

33) Boot the 1GB USB and select OS X to boot

34) in Terminal:

diskutil mount disk0s1

35) Open EFI and then navigate to

/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/

and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfwA.efi

36) Open Clover Configurator > Select your config > GUI

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2014.03.50.png?d

Now you only fill what you're told to fill,

Under “Custom Entries” click on the “+” and then:

• Path: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfwA.efi
  • Title (tick it): Windows 8
  • Hidden: No
  • Type: Windows

Click again on “+”:

• Title(tick it): Recovery HD (OS X)
  • Hidden: Yes
  • Type: OSXRecovery

Click again on “+”:

• Title(tick it): OS X
  • Type: OS X

Save, reboot, and try ;)

For people with grub2 bootloader

(example here of Linux Mint)

You rename /EFI/ubuntu/grubx64.efi to grubx64U.efi
and add in Custom Entries:

• Path: \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64U.efi (depending on the distro)
  • Title (tick it): Grub (or just put your Linux distro’s name)
  • Type: Linux

Save, reboot, and try ;)

B) LAST TOUCHES B)

37) in Terminal:

diskutil mount disk0s1

38) Open Clover Configurator, select your config, go to Boot and uncheck Verbose (-v), if you want OS X only and want your VAIO to boot directly to it, set Timeout to 0 and type your OS X's boot Volume name in "Default Boot Volume" field (mine is named "OS X" so I typed "OS X", if it was "midiOS X" I type "midiOS X", without the quotes).

39) To fix Yosemite glitch in the 2nd boot section, you go to "Kernel and Kext Patches" and add an entry: USE THE PATCH FROM THE AIO TOOL (thanks poke :) )

• Name*: IOGraphicsFamily
  • Find*: 4188C4EB03
  • Replace*: 4188C4EB23
  • Comment: IOGraphics Patch #1
  • InfoPlistPatch : DO NOT CHECK
Add another entry:
  • Name*: IOGraphicsFamily
  • Find*: 85C0745D48
  • Replace*: 31C0745B48
  • Comment: IOGraphics Patch #2
  • InfoPlistPatch : DO NOT CHECK
:excl: The RED entries are CaSe SeNsItIVe  :sick: , be careful writing them down!
© to Artur-pt & Pokenguyen

Save, reboot, and try ;)

:frantics::yoji: ENJOY :yoji::frantics:

:robot: WANNA LEARN MORE? :robot:

:hammer: Go here and start reading :hammer: 

• Like 8

Keyboard Mapping In OS X

Since I don't know how to change that mapping, I better let you know what's the actual :)

sony-Sseries-13%20-Edited.png?dl=0

Eject DVD * : Will Work Only if SMBIOS is set to MacBook Pro (if MacBook Air, then it will not work)

Fn Key Should be Pressed **: it Should be only if you need the Combo keys Connected by the yellow arrow

Trackpad blocking : Hit again that button, the trackpad will work again, really useful when typing documents ;)

And that's all :)

:excl:NOTICE :excl:

AS YOU SEE IT'S A VAIO SVS KEYBOARD, THING MAY CHANGE IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER LAPTOP!

• Like 4

Installing Windows 7

Vista_orb_by_fediaFedia.png

There is two ways: The DVD Way (easy, but may take time installing because of DVD speed) and the USB way (hard to make, fast to Install only if you don't have a spare DVD!) and the Fast Installer Way (need the USB way or DVD way, but works when Windows Installer can't Install because of an MBR/GPT {censored}! )

For All the ways, make your Legacy Clover USB:

1) Format the 1GB USB to FAT32 (MS-DOS FAT)
2) Open Clover Installer
3) Select your USB, then Select these in Customize:

• Bootloader: Boot0af (or boot0ss if boot0af fails)
  • Clover : Clover64SATA
  • Theme : just choose one to get a skin, needed to be more clear, I recommend Black Green
  • Drivers : select all Drivers64 (do not select others)

4) Install ;)

The DVD way:

1) Boot into BIOS (see step 6) in the GUIDE)
2) Change Boot Mode to Legacy
3) Boot Clover USB and Insert DVD!
4) Look for Boot Bootx64.efi from DVD (or something like that, it's been a while I did that!)
5) Install Windows 7 like Windows 8 Step:  32)
6) Install Intel HD Graphics Driver! Crucial!
7) Boot back to OS X (by selecting boot UEFI from Internal, this will load Clover from the HDD) 
8) Do step 35)

9) Revert back to UEFI Boot Mode.

Enjoy :D

The USB way: 

1) Make your USB like on Windows 8 USB :)
STEPS : 29) 30) 31)
2) Plug both Clover and Windows.
3) Hit "S" A shell prompt will appear!

20140916_165102.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165125.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165156.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165216.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165244.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165303.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165334.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165402.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165427.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165436.jpg?dl=0

20140916_165504.jpg?dl=0

4) Follow Step 32) from the GUIDE.

5) Install Intel HD Graphics Driver! Crucial!
6) Boot back to OS X (by selecting boot UEFI from Internal, this will load Clover from the HDD) 
7) Do step 35)

8) Revert back to UEFI Boot Mode.

Enjoy  :D

The Fast Installer way

**Under Construction** ;)

Canceled :/ too bad

Edited by midi-sama
  • Like 6

DEPRECATED, GO TO >

MLB PATTERN

iMessage & FaceTime

iMessage-FaceTime-iOS-7.png?dl=0

*all serial numbers here are fake and not activated, they are only examples, try if you don't believe :P

This method requires calling Apple, and the advantage of that is that you can have your own IDs ;) like a real Mac :D

:D There are other methods: :D

See HERE STEP 3.1 or 3.2 (3.3 is the one I made here and worked for me) < Thanks to Fusion71au and Pokenguyen :D

See HERE << thanks to heryts for using some random UUIDs and MLB :) he used STEP 3.3 from Pokenguyen's guide :) to make them :D

B):DLet's get to Work :DB)

First let's mount EFI:

diskutil mount disk0s1
Open Clover Configurator and select your config.plist
Go to SMBIOS. 

Since we made our config from HVT, you'll notice there is a "Board Serial Number", like here:

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2018.58.14.png?d

Cut that serial (so as the field will be blanked!) and go to RT Variables and paste the serial in the MLB section!

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2019.00.38.png?d

Alternative WAY!

To make MLB not from BSN (BoardSerialNumber) you can take your SN and add 5 more characters!

Example:

In the SMBIOS sample above we have SN: C02LR6OEDRVC I just add LETTERS (upper case) and NUMBERS, so I'll get this: BSM/MLB: C02LR6OEDRVC12345 or C02LR6OEDRVCA1B2C
they can be random.

Then make sure you put it in MLB section.

:excl: NOTICE :excl:

IN CLOVER WIKI, IT IS SAID THAT MLB IS DEPRECATED, SO EITHER YOU PUT THE 17 CHARACTER CODE IN MLB OR IN BSN (BETTER BSN) AND NOT IN BOTH PLACES!

Now open  > About This Mac > More Info... > System Report > Network > Select in the list Ethernet :

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2019.06.01.png?d

:frantics: BIG CHANGE! :frantics:

As it looks like, you may no longer need to convert it to base64 ;) you may just copy your MAC address as a HEX directly ;)

So you may not need to convert anything anymore :P

For exemple I have A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6, you change it to A1B2C3D4E5F5 (remove the ":" ) then using this site HEX --> BASE64 you convert it to BASE64:

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2019.12.35.png?d

Now Copy the "Output" to ROM section like this:

Just copy you MAC address as A1B2C3D4E5F5

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2019.15.40.png?d

Save your config, and reboot.
After booting, try to connect, you'll get this message:

103739d1410209619-how-fix-imessage-apple

Just hit Contact Support, a web page will open with many numbers and countries, you choose yours (or one close to yours, or one where calls are cheap, like me, I chose USA since there is no support number in Morocco, 0.5DH/min du Fixe IAM).

Do not Call yet!

They will ask you for theses info:
  • A real SN look here: MBP MBA MP iMac (any SN is good, just make sure you say it's either a MBP or MBA or MP or iMac, they don't care about your S/N nor SMBIOS)
  • Your name
  • A callback number
  • Your Customer Code : 1234-5678-9321 (example) 
And then Call 'em ;) In my case, the answer machine picked up the phone, asking me to provide it with the device’s model and serial number, just ignore and it should redirect you to the director of the call centre or another person at Apple support.

Now, he’ll ask you to describe the issue, tell him the following:

I’m calling because I’m having problems with activating iMessage on my [insert Mac model of the SN you found, not the SN, only the model], it’s asking me to call Apple support and provide them with some customer code.

Then, it will ask you for the SN then the other infos, then the Customer Code, give it to them, wait .... and when he tell you to try to connect, do so, if successfully connected, you're good to go ;) 

:frantics:TIPS :frantics:

• Never share your MLB and ROM (unless you're kind and want to help others) because it may block your serials, and you gotta reactivate them with the same procedure!
  • Open HVT, Go to Tools > iMessage_Debug > Install, this will generate a file on the desktop named iMessage_Debug.txt, SAVE IT SOMEWHERE SAFE! the file should look like this: 

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2019.50.13.png?d

Now here you go! Fully working Mac ;)

© to Miztorr for his GUIDE. (used on STEP 3.3 on Pokenguyen's guide)

• Like 2

WiFi Atheros AR5B195

So I bought this card because it's Combo and it's compatible with OS X ;)

I did patched my DSDT to get WiFi recognised and for bluetooth I installed BTFirmwareUploader (you probably installed it too since it's in the Clover.zip).

Thanks again to RehabMan for his patch, I modded it (lol only a number :P) to suite our needs!

Specs: 

• Wifi b/g/n (150Mbps)
  • BT3.0
  • 1x1 Antenna :(

There are many alternatives:

• AR5B197 it's the same as AR5B195 but with 2x2 Antenna and 300Mbps!
  • BCM943352 HMB Wifi a/b/g/n/ac | 2x2 | BT4.0
  • Broadcom 43225HMB Wifi a/b/g/n/ac | 2x2 | BT4.0

Well here's how

1) in Terminal:

diskutil mount disk0s1

2) Navigate to EFI > EFI > Clover > ACPI > Patched > DSDT.aml (open it with MaciASL)

3) Open Patch menu, go to [5.2]:

Screenshot%202014-09-16%2020.49.07.png?d

4) Compile, Save and Reboot ;)

Enjoy the native WiFi ;)

• Like 4

impressive, it is a very explanatory and detailed guide. Thank you. It's just what I was looking for.

You're welcome :D Enjoy ;) Hope you get yours running too :D it's still under construction and correction ;) to make it better ;)

• Like 1

Hi, please help, In step 17: 

"17) Connect to the Internet and open Clover Configurator, go to Install / Upgrade Clover, and make the image:"

When open, I get a notice saying that not found config.plist file. I need to mount the EFI partition? 

In step 25: 

"25) Open Clover Configurator, select * double click * your config from the list (the one in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/Clover/config.plist)."

I can't do this, because only appears /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist. 

I appreciate any suggestions.

Hi, please help, In step 17: 

"17) Connect to the Internet and open Clover Configurator, go to Install / Upgrade Clover, and make the image:"

When open, I get a notice saying that not found config.plist file. I need to mount the EFI partition? 

In step 25: 

"25) Open Clover Configurator, select * double click * your config from the list (the one in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/Clover/config.plist)."

I can't do this, because only appears /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist. 

I appreciate any suggestions.

I answer to myself, never mind. is necessary to mount the EFI system, the ESP only appears if the EFI system is not mounted (or is removed, I think (?)). 

I finally have the OS X 10.10 more or less ready, with almost all the kext, except the sound. I have realtek, but have no sound. 

In step 26, in my case was very complicated, because when I run the last command:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ 

An error appeared in all kexts, if the system is restarted gave an error ((kext name here).kext has incorrect permission). So after many attempts to achieve a solution (?). When appeared the error message, I made two steps:

Open teminal and type these commands separately:

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/           

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and then open the kext utility, wait to finish and reboot. 
  • Like 1

I answer to myself, never mind. is necessary to mount the EFI system, the ESP only appears if the EFI system is not mounted (or is removed, I think (?)). 

I finally have the OS X 10.10 more or less ready, with almost all the kext, except the sound. I have realtek, but have no sound. 

In step 26, in my case was very complicated, because when I run the last command:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ 

An error appeared in all kexts, if the system is restarted gave an error ((kext name here).kext has incorrect permission). So after many attempts to achieve a solution (?). When appeared the error message, I made two steps:

Open teminal and type these commands separately:

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/           

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and then open the kext utility, wait to finish and reboot. 

Thanks for the feedback :D

in fact you may just open Kext Utility to get it to work :D

and for sound, make sure you have ALC275 (as me, and as the kext posted here!) and install the DummyHDA to /S/L/E and run Kext Utility ;) (maybe i need to fix the guide again <_< )

UPDATE: GUIDE UPDATED!

Edited by midi ッ
  • Like 1

No, the fans go off and the green light becomes blinking orange (well for SVS model)

can you point me the guide to make osx sleep well...? i can't find this point in your guides above. sorry.. :D

Hi, Midi,  I cannot download the Clover.zip. The dropbox file is not available. Can you post a new link? Also it would be nice to fix the broken picture links as well. Thanks

hmmm, I don't see anything broken, Clover.zip is downloaded and the link is working, check your ISP/Internet Router or whatever if they are blocking dropbox.com, I will try to make a PDF (working on it) for offline guide, but I don't think any picture is broken, it's your internet connection that maybe blocks dropbox links, or try another browser, or connect to a proxy or VPN (look for free VPN or OPENVPN servers :)

hmmm, I don't see anything broken, Clover.zip is downloaded and the link is working, check your ISP/Internet Router or whatever if they are blocking dropbox.com, I will try to make a PDF (working on it) for offline guide, but I don't think any picture is broken, it's your internet connection that maybe blocks dropbox links, or try another browser, or connect to a proxy or VPN (look for free VPN or OPENVPN servers :)

Thanks much for the response. I tried to the LinuxMint partition on the same machine with the same network and it displayed all the contents fine. I went back to OSX and but just could not make it work ( cleaned the browsing history and accepted certificate exception, with Safari, Chrome and Firefox). The browser complained that the "connection is not private" and it could not prove the certificate of dl.dropboxusercontent.com from *.flipboard.com. I chose to proceed unsafe and it returned either I did not have permission to access the file or the file was not found.

I was able to get the Clover.zip from the LinuxMint session and proceed to boot with the prepared USB. But it got stopped with "Still waiting for the root device". Any hint how to get around?

• Like 1

Nice guide, did you do some research after I patched your DSDT :D

Yeah, I made "Try by elimination" I used patches and skipped others, and only the mix of all the selected patch works! <_< I donno why, but now I'm looking for Hibernation :) REALLY THANK YOU! 

Now the big  issue is SSDT, I can't get proper PM (used SSDTPRGen :P ) and either I get x8 or  x(12 29 31 ... 36) and 30+ is Turbo mode :( and now I'm on -xcpm which is a bit good, like I gat 4 steps : x(12 20 24 29) and then those turbo modes

but my laptop is still hot: 50C and nothing less!