BT handoff compatible

Frankiep

33 posts in this topic

I purchased this using one of the many taobao agents and it cost me only $89 total to get it shipped to the US and took 3 weeks to arrive. I installed it and it works on Yosemite beta 3 without me having to do anything. Handoff took a while to get working but I think that's an issue with Handoff and iCloud rather than the bluetooth. It also gives you an extra USB port inside the case as opposed to the one on eBay which just takes up one whole USB header on the motherboard.

Is it PCI or USB? If it's USB, it simply won't work regardless of support status...

But for laptops, bluetooth is connected to USB bus through minipice slot. And I have seen real Mac's internal bluetooth module shown as USB interface.

Wonder where do you find USB not working?

• Like 1

I didn't know the stock MBP/MBA bluetooth was connected to the USB bus, but one thing I do know is USB BT dongles won't get handoff, regardless of chipset support status. If you do a Google search, you can fact-check what I'm saying: do it! From the top of my head, I can cite MacRumors as a source, but there are plenty. The fact, for now, is that if you have a hackintosh or an older Mac that didn't come with a supported module, you either buy an Apple original module or forget about handoff, because no dongles will work (probably ever, but the hackers here never fail to surprise me).

I didn't know the stock MBP/MBA bluetooth was connected to the USB bus, but one thing I do know is USB BT dongles won't get handoff, regardless of chipset support status. If you do a Google search, you can fact-check what I'm saying: do it! From the top of my head, I can cite MacRumors as a source, but there are plenty. The fact, for now, is that if you have a hackintosh or an older Mac that didn't come with a supported module, you either buy an Apple original module or forget about handoff, because no dongles will work (probably ever, but the hackers here never fail to surprise me).

Ok thank you for your information.

I agree with you that only Apple hardware can activate handoff so far. The problem would be much easier if we discover the authentication mechanism Apple did.