• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Frankiep

Frankiep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

At the end I decided to go with this. We will see when it comes. 

Thanks Taruga for the info. 

i'm looking for that too but i don't understand why they have added USB connection on the pcb for bluetooth...

Stefan Milev

Stefan Milev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

I didn't either in the beginning, but the idea is that bluetooth connects through USB to the motherboard and because of that, they have the data connection wires on additional connector which you connect to a header inside the case. 

Frankiep

Frankiep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

I didn't either in the beginning, but the idea is that bluetooth connects through USB to the motherboard and because of that, they have the data connection wires on additional connector which you connect to a header inside the case. 

but if i don't connect that USB cable, BT will work?

Stefan Milev

Stefan Milev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

It will not work, these are the data connections, without them connected = no bluetooth.

Frankiep

Frankiep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Stefan Milev, have you received the goods? it works?

Stefan Milev

Stefan Milev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
For some reason it's held in customs and I'm waiting for TNT to do their job. On the website the delivery day is today so I hope it will be.

frnic

frnic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Stefan Milev, did it come yet? A couple questions please:

Did it come, how long did it take to be delivered from your order?

Does it work with Yosemite public beta 3?

Thanks

Frank

JerryEn

JerryEn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I purchased this using one of the many taobao agents and it cost me only $89 total to get it shipped to the US and took 3 weeks to arrive. I installed it and it works on Yosemite beta 3 without me having to do anything. Handoff took a while to get working but I think that's an issue with Handoff and iCloud rather than the bluetooth. It also gives you an extra USB port inside the case as opposed to the one on eBay which just takes up one whole USB header on the motherboard.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Any idea why handoff and instant hotspot are not supported?  I keep seeing elsewhere on the net that the Broadcom 20702A3 is a supported chipset.

Attached File  Untitled.png   147.91KB   6 downloads

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Is it PCI or USB? If it's USB, it simply won't work regardless of support status...

lisai9093

lisai9093

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Is it PCI or USB? If it's USB, it simply won't work regardless of support status...

But for laptops, bluetooth is connected to USB bus through minipice slot. And I have seen real Mac's internal bluetooth module shown as USB interface.

Wonder where do you find USB not working?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

I didn't know the stock MBP/MBA bluetooth was connected to the USB bus, but one thing I do know is USB BT dongles won't get handoff, regardless of chipset support status. If you do a Google search, you can fact-check what I'm saying: do it! From the top of my head, I can cite MacRumors as a source, but there are plenty. The fact, for now, is that if you have a hackintosh or an older Mac that didn't come with a supported module, you either buy an Apple original module or forget about handoff, because no dongles will work (probably ever, but the hackers here never fail to surprise me).

lisai9093

lisai9093

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I didn't know the stock MBP/MBA bluetooth was connected to the USB bus, but one thing I do know is USB BT dongles won't get handoff, regardless of chipset support status. If you do a Google search, you can fact-check what I'm saying: do it! From the top of my head, I can cite MacRumors as a source, but there are plenty. The fact, for now, is that if you have a hackintosh or an older Mac that didn't come with a supported module, you either buy an Apple original module or forget about handoff, because no dongles will work (probably ever, but the hackers here never fail to surprise me).

Ok thank you for your information.

I agree with you that only Apple hardware can activate handoff so far. The problem would be much easier if we discover the authentication mechanism Apple did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy