158 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

This patch in Clover work on Mavericks 10.9.5 and Yosemite DP8,Beta 3,GM Candidat

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Trim Enabler</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QVBQTEUgU1NE
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAAAAAAAA
                </data>
            </dict>

and Chameleon

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

• 3 weeks later...

With Trim Enabler app, when I click on proceed, the program should be disable the Kext-signing, then reboot and give me the possibility to enable Trim, but when system reboot and open again Trim Enabler app, I can't enable Trim! I've also tried with kext-develop args on clover boot, but nothing happens. :(

attachicon.gifscreen1png.png

Tried 3'rd method and no trim. I'm on Yosemite 10.10 (14A389) and clover 2953

Wrong place to pur the code. Must go under kextpatches

With Trim Enabler app, when I click on proceed, the program should be disable the Kext-signing, then reboot and give me the possibility to enable Trim, but when system reboot and open again Trim Enabler app, I can't enable Trim! I've also tried with kext-develop args on clover boot, but nothing happens. :(

Trim enabler isn't supported by Yosemite. Use the third metodo at first post if you have Clover.
  • Like 1

Wrong place to pur the code. Must go under kextpatches

Trim enabler isn't supported by Yosemite. Use the third metodo at first post if you have Clover.

Trim Enabler was update to support Yosemite... I will retry third method ;)

thanks Sir. All good now, trim enabled. Hail Clover boot loader.

Thank you. The second method works for me.

Ok, all works now ;)

Glad to read success from all of you!

I used 3rd method from 1st page of this topic. I have Dell Latitude e6500 with Yosemite 10.10 Final, SSD 128GB Samsung, bootloader Clover.

TRIM seems to be ENABLED, but is it really TRUE? I think, it is cosmetic correction.

If I run newest TRIM Enabler.app (version 3.3), I got message:

"The patch is not active, but Trim is working. You probably have an Apple SSD, which supports Trim by default."

But I and everyone knows, that in Hackintosh are 3rd Party SSD used, not from Apple SSD.

Does everyone know, how to determine if TRIM really works?

I used 3rd method from 1st page of this topic. I have Dell Latitude e6500 with Yosemite 10.10 Final, SSD 128GB Samsung, bootloader Clover.

TRIM seems to be ENABLED, but is it really TRUE? I think, it is cosmetic correction.

If I run newest TRIM Enabler.app (version 3.3), I got message:

"The patch is not active, but Trim is working. You probably have an Apple SSD, which supports Trim by default."

But I and everyone knows, that in Hackintosh are 3rd Party SSD used, not from Apple SSD.

Does everyone know, how to determine if TRIM really works?

In System Informations -> SATA -> SSD -> TRIM enabled.

It's not a cosmetic patch. The trim effectively works. You van test it by removing and using the computer. It will be slower than trim enabled one.

Troubleshooting for users with and w/o Fusiondrive or incompatible devices that doesn't boot up after patching

First I would not recommend using the patch with a FusionDrive in general. You have a good chance to prolly or most likely end up with a non-bootable second part of your Fusiondrive, because the IOAHCIBlockstorage is responsible for booting it up.  

1. For Clover:

Connect the SDD via USB to another Hackintosh or Mac with at least ML or Y, (or boot up into Recovery-USB if you have it), fire up Diskutility with debug-mode ON  (google), mount the EFI partition and comment out or delete the patch in the EFI Clover config.plist.

2. For Chameleon:

If you did the patch and modified your IOAHCIFamily.kext, delete it from the kextfolder and replace (or copy) the original kext version from the working Hack/Mac/installation S/L/E with cp -pR 

3. For Fusiondrive (Chameleon and Clover)

Connect the first part (SSD) AND the second part (HDD) of your FusionDrive to the working Hackintosh or Mac, and repair the partition table of the Fusiondrive with Diskutility (just select the drive and click the repair button). Additionally, do Step 1. for Clover and FusionDrive or step 2. for Chameleon and FusionDrive.

Note for UEFI users: No matter what, always boot from the UEFI detected devices via your PCs bootmenu.

After that you should be able to boot your system again. :)

Hello,

I used Trim enabler on Yosemite in order to active trim on my SSD.

Everything went fine, but after reboot, Trim Enabler is reporting that Trim is disabled and ask if I want to enable it again.

In System Information it was reported has disabled so I did the procedure again (using Trim Enabler).

After reboot, same thing, Trim Enabler report Trim has disabled. BUT, In System Information it is now reported has enabled.

How to make sure it is really enabled?

And what about kext signing? Is there a way to verify the kext signing status?

Thank U

OS X 10.10 (14A389) - Yosemite. - H87N-Wifi - 8 GB XMS - 128 Kingston SSD - I3 Haswell - HD4600

Hello,

I used Trim enabler on Yosemite in order to active trim on my SSD.

Everything went fine, but after reboot, Trim Enabler is reporting that Trim is disabled and ask if I want to enable it again.

In System Information it was reported has disabled so I did the procedure again (using Trim Enabler).

After reboot, same thing, Trim Enabler report Trim has disabled. BUT, In System Information it is now reported has enabled.

How to make sure it is really enabled?

And what about kext signing? Is there a way to verify the kext signing status?

Thank U

OS X 10.10 (14A389) - Yosemite. - H87N-Wifi - 8 GB XMS - 128 Kingston SSD - I3 Haswell - HD4600

If you see trim enabled yes in system profiler then the trim is enabled.

Anyway, if you sue clover i suggest you to use third method and remove alla the others methods (fox example TRIM Eabler) because is simpliest and easiest method. If you use chameleon you can mod the kext by yourself with first one.

If you see trim enabled yes in system profiler then the trim is enabled.

Anyway, if you sue clover i suggest you to use third method and remove alla the others methods (fox example TRIM Eabler) because is simpliest and easiest method. If you use chameleon you can mod the kext by yourself with first one.

Thanks for the answer.

I am under Chameleon and 'll keep it like that because it is working like a charm.

Worked great with final release - 10.10. I used the clover method. Ran it one very small problem for folks that edit "config.plist" manually.

Don't add another <array></array> entry if you have one already in <key>KextsToPatch</key>.

I added another one and it did not work at first went back and removed the <array></array> so that I had only one <array></array> entry in in <key>KextsToPatch</key>. Everything worked liked a charm.

Thanks again!