[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

Hi midi,

I've found using generated fake serials are not reliable eg if you clean install OSX on a different hard drive (even using the same Clover config.plist in the same machine) or logout of iMessage on an OSX install with iMessage previously working, then you can often get problems logging in again - the "contact Apple" message usually requires a genuine Mac or iDevice to reset your AppleID password when things go wrong.

Using genuine serials, I can login & logout and install OSX on multiple partitions and iMessage still works (even without credit card attached to my AppleID :D).  I have written some background on the iMessage problem in my post in the Clover General Discussion thread.  I have replicated my results on my 2 hacks

Dell XPS m1530 Laptop using genuine serials from MacBookPro 2011

Desktop GAP55aUD3/i5-750/Radeon5770 using genuine serials from mac mini 2012

With genuine System Serial, SmUUID/Hardware ID, MLB and ROM ---> works 100% all the time, even without credit card.

From @heryts testing, you must have at least MLB & ROM from a genuine Mac or validated Hackintosh (where you have called Apple Support).

• Like 2

Thank you :D the only problem now is that I don't have a mac nearby :/ or someone's mac :/ I used the serial from 3.1 and as you said it was banned from Apple's servers :| Damn you Apple! A Mac is really really expensive (you can rent a house w/ that money for at least 6 months! Trust me, I asked and saw some weird stuff!). Now the only way is to attach a credit card to my Apple ID which is impossible for a just graduated guy :| Well, I'm not using it anyway, all ppl I know are android oriented and not everyone have a mac :P

@midi :D

You can google for images of mac tear downs to get real serial numbers eg

post-846696-0-79829400-1405503703_thumb.jpeg

Unfortunately from my testing, you need genuine System Serial, MLB & ROM values.  The best way to get ROM is by running the iMessage debug tool on a friend's mac :).

• Like 3

hi pike,

i was trying only to use the external screen but not the internal screen, and i found a tutorial said that i should set 

sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0" 

to disable the internal screen at login.

but even if i set the nvram or i added the argument into the boot args of Clover, it doesn't work...

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog=0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

hi pike,

i was trying only to use the external screen but not the internal screen, and i found a tutorial said that i should set 

sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0" 

to disable the internal screen at login.

but even if i set the nvram or i added the argument into the boot args of Clover, it doesn't work...

is that because Clover doesn't support any other boot args? or just because this argument "iog=0x0" is not supported by hackintosh?

I think it only works with real Mac display configuration, you may need to modify to make it work with your system.

4.  After rebooting your hackintosh, run the debug tool again and confirm the MLB, ROM, IOPlatformUUID, IOPlatformSerialNumber are identical to your Mac's. In my case, the hack even shows as a Mac mini (late 2012) in 'About this Mac' despite using an iMac SMBIOS :hysterical: ....

Hello fusion !

I just installed Mavericks with Clover boot loader to replace the Mavericks installation with Chameleon where iMessage works perfectly (I used NVRam to set values).

So i follow your guide with :

Mac = maverick install with chameleon

Hack = maverick with clover

When I installed Mav' with clover, I use some values like Serial Number I've got in en SMBios.plist with chameleon.

After doing the modifications in config.plist for clover, not all values are the same.

Thoses are the same between Mac & Hack : IOPlatformSerialNumber / IOPlatformUUID / board-id / product-name / system-id .

But  MLB  and  ROM  are differents...

However, I just verify in the config.plist, the values I set to ROM and MLB are the same as those I got on the Mac but are different on the Hack despite the fact I set the Mac's values in config.plist.

Is that normal ?

I haven't yet try to log in iMessage nor MAS and iCloud...

I'm going to try now.

Thanks for your help,

Miles

I just tried to log-in into iMessage : works like a charm !

As I imported a TimeMachine backup on the new clover install, I was already connected to iCloud and MAS.

I just don't know why MLB and ROM are different...

I just don't know why this stupid TextWrangler hasn't saved the config.plist ... The modified file was in his memory, but not saved on the disk (EFI partition)... So the values like MLB and ROM wasn't passed to the system via clover...

Now the file is correctly saved in EFI partition, so after another reboot (I just stop counting for the day :D) all values are the same between the Hack and the Mac

Thank you anyway :D

Edited by MilesTEG1
  • Like 1

DSDT/SSDT: Basic knowledge

Linux

Run these commands:

cd ~/Desktop
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install acpidump
sudo acpidump > acpidump.out
sudo acpixtract -a acpidump.out
Linux will dump all available DSDT/SSDT tables to your Desktop. You just need to look for the DSDT and SSDTs, rename the extension from .dat to .aml (AML) and save it onto your USB. 

I think you should point that that linux should be Ubuntu based (debian would use "su"), or else he must use other command lines ;)

EDIT: thanks MacUser2525 for correcting me :)

I think you should point that that linux should be debian based, or else he must use other command lines ;)

Ubuntu based as they do the sudo by default Debian on the other hand offers to set a root user password during install, in that case you would use su in the console/terminal first putting in the password set on install to become root then run the commands without the sudo. Oh and a cd /tmp for the first command would be in order as well to save polluting the desktop with unneeded files and if you forget to delete them that will be taken care of on the next reboot/startup of the system.

Ubuntu based as they do the sudo by default Debian on the other hand offers to set a root user password during install, in that case you would use su in the console/terminal first putting in the password set on install to become root then run the commands without the sudo. Oh and a cd /tmp for the first command would be in order as well to save polluting the desktop with unneeded files and if you forget to delete them that will be taken care of on the next reboot/startup of the system.

True, I forgot that part :P

Hi pokenguyen,

You made a very good work with these guides. My Desktop in signature has INTEL I5-760 2.80GHZ, a model previous Sandy bridge, so the SSDT script does'nt work for me. I have a problem with power management, here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300091-too-high-temperature-of-the-cpu-core/

could you help me, or there's nothing to do? Thank you in advance

Hi pokenguyen,

You made a very good work with these guides. My Desktop in signature has INTEL I5-760 2.80GHZ, a model previous Sandy bridge, so the SSDT script does'nt work for me. I have a problem with power management, here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300091-too-high-temperature-of-the-cpu-core/

could you help me, or there's nothing to do? Thank you in advance

I see you have intel i5 1st gen, the piker script wont work because it only support sandy bridge CPUs and above, so you need to select clover generated CPU, good luck ;)

midi:D

If saying "clover generated CPU" you mean to set "generate P &C states" with clover I did it, but it was useless. I boot with chameleon, but I create a usb with clover (legacy mode, of course). Starting my Hack the degrees sarts at 45°, after 1 hour became 70°, and sometimes arrived at 80-85, and warnings pop-up appears! So I have to shutdown. Is there any way to set right CPU states? It's strange, 'cause in my Laptop in signature I have no problems, and it's a Core 2 Duo, earlier than my desktop's intel i5 1st gen.

C2D have PM native on OS X while core i would have it w/ proper ssdt (either ssdt.aml or auto generated w/ P&C states) I have a friend w/ 1st grn and the laptop gets up to 100°C I don't really how to fix that :(

But! On an HP laptop I had from another friend w/ the same 1st gen cpu it had an amazing PM and no overheating :)

1st generation CPUs and before it such as Arrandale or Nehalaem don't use ssdt for power management. Use your bootloader's generate p states and generate c states features and delete NullCPUPowerManagement to get it working. You may have to patch HPET for your mobo

As you said that you had overheating issues because of the power states, I heard that people with old CPUs like Atom ( yes Atom, the one found in netbooks ), hard-code the power states into their DSDT. Maybe you can give it a shot

• 2 weeks later...

Clover Config: Convert your patched AppleHDA to Clover patching-on-the-fly

(no need to quote the whole thing :P )

Hmm, I tried that and it didn't work for me, the I injected the Layout (28 for ALC275) pasted the needed patches and have vanilla kext, I copied what's needed (I have more than 0 under HDAConfigDefault, I have like ... many :o ) and I copied the xml + platform and everything is correct, rebooted many times and still can't get it to work :huh: I'll upload my DummyHDA + working AHDA + config.plist ;) I'm on Yosemite Beta2

Edit: Fixed, :D my config was modded by error :/

Edited by midi :D