AmdCPUMonitor and HWSensors 3.3.1

Slice

110 posts in this topic

...no problem Slice... i have a datasheet for SMSC SCH5617...not sure if it delivers info...but here it is...

attachicon.gifsch5617-ns_f8854820f6.pdf

from openhardware monitor:

LPCIO

Chip ID: Unknown ITE with ID 0x8B00 at 0x2E/0x2F

Chip ID: Unknown SMSC with ID 0x8B00 at 0x2E/0x2F

It's a pity this is not datasheet, this is white paper without numerical data.

• 4 weeks later...

None of the kext posted on #1 could read amd fx cpu frequency, any success in reading FX 83xx series reported yet? Hope the project is still on going ^_^ keep up the good work!

I really appreciate all the works done to make AMD Hackintosh possible! God bless!

p.s: is amd speed steps available in hackintosh??? Or it just runs at max speed the whole time?

None of the kext posted on #1 could read amd fx cpu frequency, any success in reading FX 83xx series reported yet? Hope the project is still on going ^_^ keep up the good work!

I really appreciate all the works done to make AMD Hackintosh possible! God bless!

p.s: is amd speed steps available in hackintosh??? Or it just runs at max speed the whole time?

It is possible after some developement. There are MSR registers that can be read and interpreted.

But OSX can't manage AMD frequency so it will always maximum. If someone write a kext to provide something like speedstep for AMD then there will be a sense to make monitor for AMD frequency.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

aloha. tried this one since i haven`t any luck with the original one. still no success.

i run an amd phenom II X4 945 on Asus M4A88T-M Motherboard and Nvidia GTX460 SE GPU with OSx 10.9.3 and CaBBa r2 Kernel.

when i install this FakeSMC.kext i get OPEMU wrmsr Error. when i try to start FakeSMC via kextutil my system freezes. Any help?

Thanks and Greetings

aloha. tried this one since i haven`t any luck with the original one. still no success.

i run an amd phenom II X4 945 on Asus M4A88T-M Motherboard and Nvidia GTX460 SE GPU with OSx 10.9.3 and CaBBa r2 Kernel.

when i install this FakeSMC.kext i get OPEMU wrmsr Error. when i try to start FakeSMC via kextutil my system freezes. Any help?

Thanks and Greetings

You seems to mix something.

FakeSMC can't be a cause of panic no matter what hardware you have.

I think your panic caused by external reason like kernel.

Use FakeSMC.kext + HWInfo.kext + AMDMonitor.kext and no more. Don't install all kexts from the archive!

We'll. like a say: everything works fine. I install fakesmc (even a 'empty' one without plugins) without any other kext and I get opemu error / kernel panic. Without fakesmc the other kexts won't load, since missing dependency

We'll. like a say: everything works fine. I install fakesmc (even a 'empty' one without plugins) without any other kext and I get opemu error / kernel panic. Without fakesmc the other kexts won't load, since missing dependency

I have to ask again and again.

wrmsr instruction that is dangerous for AMD appears in kexts: IntelCPUmonitor and W836x.kext. Are you sure you have no these kexts installed?

This is corrected revision that must be more safe for AMD CPU

FakeSMC_plugins_746.zip

• Like 1

as i said. i just installed the plain fakesmc.kext no plugin or other kexts

when i try to start fakesmc via terminal and kextutil -v ./FakeSMC.kext it says it is loaded sucessfully and shortly after (<1sec) my system freezes

with cabba r2 and bronya 10.9.2 rc4 kernel i get kernel panic corecrypto

with anv bsa_kernel r10 i get kernel panic AppleTyMCEDriver / IOACPI / IOPlatfromPluginsFamily kernel panic.

without fakesmc it runs fine

cannot reproduce OPEMU error now ?

as i said. i just installed the plain fakesmc.kext no plugin or other kexts

when i try to start fakesmc via terminal and kextutil -v ./FakeSMC.kext it says it is loaded sucessfully and shortly after (

with cabba r2 and bronya 10.9.2 rc4 kernel i get kernel panic corecrypto

with anv bsa_kernel r10 i get kernel panic AppleTyMCEDriver / IOACPI / IOPlatfromPluginsFamily kernel panic.

without fakesmc it runs fine

cannot reproduce OPEMU error now ?

This error? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296460-amdcpumonitor-and-hwsensors-331/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2002164

Yes. This opemu error but not related to w836x kext, since i don't have it installed. Read that the applytymcedriver kernel panic might be due to using Mac Pro 5,1 smbios. Will switch to 3,1 when I am at home and try again.

You may safely remove this driver, it is not needed.

You may have w836x.kext or Nuvoton or Winbond or LPCSensors. Check once more your SLE folder as well as /Extra/extensions and remove kernelcache to be sure it is free from such kext. I am 90% sure opemu error related to the kext although you are not seen it.

with cabba r2 kernel + mac pro 3,1 smbios and the fakesmc you posted it works (nearly completely).

no errors, faster bootup. just load fakesmc.kext right now.

when i load all other drivers (kextutil -v ~/"Release 10.6"/*) i still get no system freeze ;)

but it reads the frequency of my gtx 460 wrong (even if i liked it if it was in the THz-area ;)

also, as i thought, the power management of the gpu is not working. but thats a different problem.

any way to fix the frequency for the graphics card?

NVClock gives me GPU Temp, AMDCPUMonitor Cpu Temp, ITEIT87x Northbridge and Cpuarea Temps and Nuvoton Vcore and incorrect Ram Voltage.

With macPro 5,1 or 4,1 smbios i still get OPEMU wsrmr error.

greetings!

post-500265-0-16709700-1400714056_thumb.jpg

Kozlek's HWMonitor shows frequency x1000 as should for my plugins.

Your picture is inaccessible

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 9.54.20.png

It will be better if you attach your pictures directly to post as I did.

outch. didn't know there was so much advertising. you don't use adblock? I'm sorry but i really don't know how to attach pictures directly. i see a buttom my media but i am unable to add media to it. anyway. HWSensors thats my core clock of the Gpu is 58,89 THz. acording to the temperature i know that pm is not working which results in 900 MHz * 1000 = 0.9 THz != 58,89 THz

edit: fixed the picture

outch. didn't know there was so much advertising. you don't use adblock? I'm sorry but i really don't know how to attach pictures directly. i see a buttom my media but i am unable to add media to it. anyway. HWSensors thats my core clock of the Gpu is 58,89 THz. acording to the temperature i know that pm is not working which results in 900 MHz * 1000 = 0.9 THz != 58,89 THz

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 17.20.14.png

Use 

More Reply Options -> Choose File -> Attach This File -> Add to Post

still don't get what is wrong. now i cannot load GeforceSensors at all.

/Users/arne/Downloads/Release 10.6
arnes-mac-pro:Release 10.6 arne$ sudo kextutil -v ./GeforceSensor.kext
Password:
./GeforceSensor.kext is invalid; can't resolve dependencies.
Diagnostics for ./GeforceSensor.kext:
Validation Failures:
    Info dictionary property value is illegal:
        OSBundleLibraries
    Info dictionary missing required property/value:
        OSBundleLibraries

Warnings:
    Personality matches on IOResources but IOMatchCategory is missing or not equal to its IOClass; driver may be blocked from matching or may block others:
        Nouveau nVidia Cards Monitoring Plugin

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

NVClock loads fine but does not give me Frequencies.

when installing fakesmc with gpu plugin from sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/ Geforcesensors load correctly but i get OPEMU error right before getting to login screen.

still don't get what is wrong. now i cannot load GeforceSensors at all.

/Users/arne/Downloads/Release 10.6
arnes-mac-pro:Release 10.6 arne$ sudo kextutil -v ./GeforceSensor.kext
Password:
Diagnostics for ./GeforceSensor.kext:
Validation Failures:
    Info dictionary property value is illegal:
        OSBundleLibraries
    Info dictionary missing required property/value:
        OSBundleLibraries

Warnings:
    Personality matches on IOResources but IOMatchCategory is missing or not equal to its IOClass; driver may be blocked from matching or may block others:
        Nouveau nVidia Cards Monitoring Plugin

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

NVClock loads fine but does not give me Frequencies.

when installing fakesmc with gpu plugin from sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/ Geforcesensors load correctly but i get OPEMU error right before getting to login screen.

I will confirm.

GeforceSensor from my package is wrong. The author is Kozlek so I have to compare it with Kozlek's branch.

NVclockX shows no frequency. It is more old.

Kozlek's branch will not work on AMD CPU systems. OPEMU error is one of the problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

got this:

Last login: Sat Mar  1 11:54:40 on console

MacPro-Andrey:~ andrey$ sudo -s

Password:

bash-3.2# chown -R root:wheel ~/Downloads/AmdCPUMonitor.kext

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 ~/Downloads/AmdCPUMonitor.kext

bash-3.2# kextutil -v ~/Downloads/AmdCPUMonitor.kext

/Users/andrey/Downloads/AmdCPUMonitor.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.

/Users/andrey/Downloads/AmdCPUMonitor.kext - no dependency found for org.netkas.FakeSMC.

Diagnostics for /Users/andrey/Downloads/AmdCPUMonitor.kext:

Warnings:

Info dictionary property value is of incorrect type:

IOKitPersonalities.AMD CPU Monitor.IOProbeScore - should be <integer>

Dependency Resolution Failures:

No kexts found for these libraries:

org.netkas.FakeSMC

Code Signing Failure: not code signed

bash-3.2#

same here....

• 2 weeks later...

I added one new key LsbV and kernel.log now more clear

<key>LsNM</key>
					<array>
						<string>ui8</string>
						<data>AQ==</data>
					</array>
					<key>LsbV</key>
					<array>
						<string>hex_</string>
						<data>AQQKAAY=</data>
					</array>

And new line appears in System Profiler

Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 20.19.30.png

Hello there,

First of all - Thank you very much for your efforts.

After some attempts, I managed to install this monitor and it does show as "CPU Proximity" in HWMonitor.

However, I think that it gives wrong results. There are 2 issues:

1. Sometimes temperature jumps very high steps. e.g. it is 40c and in 1 second it becomes 45c, after 2 more seconds its 38c. I think its impossible to CPU act like that. Also there is no load on CPU at that time - just random system processes and browser (w/o flash player).

2. Since I have stock cooler at the moment (aftermarket one is on its way) - My CPU runs pretty hot (55-57c), but AmdCPUMonitor shows max 40-45. When I see 40c on monitors, I restart PC and when going into bios - I see ~54c there. Which is strange. (Also seems that Coll'n'Quiet doesn't work on OSX because I think CPU runs on clock speed permanently)

My Specs:
FX-8320 on stock clock

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Niresh Distro 10.9.0 updated to 10.9.2 combo and swapped kernel (not Bronya one - the one is on Niresh's site)

Also I'd love to mention that I am pretty new to Hackintosh (Installed first one like 3 days ago :) ), so I might be slow to understanding some terms. But I am software developer and so far I think I'm doing good progress :)

Thank You!

I just took ADM datasheet and make the plugin that reads digital thermometer according to the datasheet.

I don't know why it may be wrong. 

May be there must be other datasheet for FX-8320.

May be some time averaging required.

It still shows ~10c lower than windows does. Considering OSX cant use Cool'n'Quiet - it seems impossible. I am learning to look around in codes lately so I will try and get what is issue. Thanks again!

I use rc7 kernel and bootflag = 0x2000 dmesg error :

Macs-Mac-Pro:~ mac$ sudo dmesg

Password:

n ERROR TG3D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

I use rc7 kernel and bootflag = 0x2000 dmesg error :

Macs-Mac-Pro:~ mac$ sudo dmesg

Password:

n ERROR TG3D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

It is known problem. You have to replace new AppleSMC.kext to one of older version. For example 3.1.4

I have this one

AppleSMC.kext-v311.zip