• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Rowas

Rowas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Hey guys. I'm attempting to install OSX onto my Dell Optiplex 745 as well. The only difference in specs is that it is equipped with a Geforce GT 240 as the video card.

The issue I'm having does not seem to be apparent anywhere else. Basically, when I attempt to boot the installer USB, I can get into the bootloader just fine, but it takes a long time (about a minute or so) just to get into the bootloader.

Once inside the bootloader, I try to load the installer, and the screen goes black. It doesn't start loading the system at all. It's not a graphics issue, because even without graphics support, you can see the verbose boot before the screen goes black. In this instance, I can tell that it can't get past the bootloader because Ctrl+Alt+Delete causes the system to reboot, which does not happen when it is loading OSX.

For reference, I did go into BIOS and set Hard drive to Legacy, turned on usb booting.

To try to get around this problem, I attempted to install OSX to the drive externally using my main system and the installer USB. After doing that, I installed Clover to the hard drive. When I attempted to boot directly off the hard drive, it was the exact same situation. Clover took a really long time to load, and when I attempt to boot into OSX, the screen goes black and does not load the system at all.

I am doing this to install Yosemite, so I'll be cross-posting on the Yosemite forum, and Latitude forums but this is also valid for previous versions as well because I've noted this problem in the past when I tried loading the Mountain Lion installer using Chameleon.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
This machine dell optiplex 755 could run yosemite also, use the same method for dell xps410. Run with chamemeleon boot loader.
The guide is here. http://www.insanelym...-show-4-drives/
You need fakesmc, nullcpu, appleintelpiixata, patch applerRTC, appleLPC for show 4 drives.
Good luck to all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Optiplex 755, Mavericks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy