• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

FlyingSaucer

FlyingSaucer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Help me please! My laptop is HP DV8323EA, my Hackintosh system is recognized as ADP2,1 When I do Dmesg | grep PC nothing is showed loaded.
Now I put here the LSPCI -V of latest Kanotix debian Live cd with ACPI ON:

08:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30a5
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 185
Memory at d2004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=08, secondary=09, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 50000000-51fff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 54000000-55fff000
I/O window 0: 00003400-000034ff
I/O window 1: 00003800-000038ff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

I've followed everything as described in the first part of this topic but I don't succeed in loading the kernel module so I've no PCMCIA function.
Here it is also the extract from Everest program under Windows:

[ Schede PCMCIA / Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller ]

Propriet periferica:
Descrizione driver Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
Data del driver 01/07/2001
Versione driver 5.1.2600.0
Fornitore del driver Microsoft
File INF pcmcia.inf
ID hardware PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8039&SUBSYS_30A5103C&REV_00
Informazioni sulla posizione Bus PCI 8, periferica 6, funzione 0
Periferica PCI Texas Instruments PCIxx12 CardBus Controller

And here it is also the report from:

SiSoftware Sandra

Informazioni Periferica
Tipo Periferica : Da PCI a CardBus Bridge
ID Periferica : bus 8, periferica 6, funzione 0
Nome Periferica (OEM) : Texas Instruments (TI) PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
ID Hardware (OEM) : FUN_0, VEN_104C, DEV_8039, REV_00
Nome Periferica : Texas Instruments (TI) PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
ID Prodotto : VEN_FE00, DEV_0000
Revisione : A / 1 (0)

Comparing probono original file and good file for Him I've noticed that the differences of two bytes for Device ID are in these hexadecimal position:

00059790h: 30 89
00062c34h: 30 89

What I've to do? 30 89 or as Linux Kanotix says: a5 30 ?
And then what I've to put as name of TI bridge? I've noticed two locations in the driver in hexadecimal:

00019790h:
000554e0h:

Can I leave "TI xx12" or as stated from Kanotix Linux "Texas Instruments "PCIxx12" Cardbus Controller"

Finally help me please with Info.plist I used the plist editor but seems that If I change values in the upper side the first time is good but after when I leave the sector
where I'm writing it changes again maybe it's transforming the values for lower side who knows?

If u can probono could you please attach me the correct files? So I can try? thank u for the hard work and to help me.

P.S.
Sorry for my poor english but I'm Italian. Cheers :=)

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Help me please! My laptop is HP DV8323EA, my Hackintosh system is recognized as ADP2,1 When I do Dmesg | grep PC nothing is showed loaded.
Now I put here the LSPCI -V of latest Kanotix debian Live cd with ACPI ON:.....

Hi Genius, make sure your using probono's original kext as his device id is the same as yours. You are right about the positions in hex for where your device id must go but it should be 3980 not 3089. Windows has your device id correct but if you want to check, load up your Kanotix cd and run lspci -n in terminal. This will spit out the device id for all your devices in columns, just look out for the 8039 next to "08:06.0". As for changing the name for your TI Bridge in hex, you should be fine as xx12 is allready setup in the driver.

For the plist file make sure your using Apple's Property List Editor attached to Bug's post on the second page. For some reason the ranges you use need to be saved in a base64 varient, which apple's Property List Editor will do for you when you enter plain text.

Attached is a kext editing according to your info. Hope it works. If you get a start failed error you also need to replace your IOPCIFamily kext.

Badger

Attached Files

Edited by Bored Badger, 14 January 2007 - 11:25 AM.

FlyingSaucer

FlyingSaucer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Bored Badger thank you a lot for your help but nothing :) If I don't put IOPCIFamily.kext with dmesg I've this: IOPCCardBridge::start failed
If I use also IOPCIFamily.kext 1.8 from 10.4.4 I've a beautiful Gray screen with an apple in the center for all my life.
I think a KERNEL PANIC!

Help me again if u can.

P.S.

Thank you in advance..

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

dmesg I've this: IOPCCardBridge::start failed

First off that seems like a good sign, thats as far as I have gotten with my own laptop. This seems to mean that its recognising the hardware.

If I use also IOPCIFamily.kext 1.8 from 10.4.4 I've a beautiful Gray screen with an apple in the center for all my life.
I think a KERNEL PANIC!

To recover from the panic your going to need to undo what you did. First use verbose mode when booting to see what the error is. When you get the darwin loader press F8 so you can enter boot options and use -v, it will give you detailed output of whats going on during boot. This should help you find out the problem, once you know it will hopefully be easier to fix using the next steps.

Single User Mode is a very handy boot option, it should give you command line access so you'll be able to correct the problem. Just as you get the darwin loader press F8 and use the boot command -s this will go into single user mode, at least thats the idea. To mount your Hard drive for write access you'll need to run the following commands. I will be honest this is going on alot of guess work as I've never had a kernal panic in that situation.

fsck -y - Check the boot volume's file system, and repair if necessary (the "-y" means "Yes, go ahead and fix any problems you find"). Always do this first. Note that this may not be able to fix all problems in a single pass, so if it finds and fixes anything (it'll print "***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****"), run it again, and keep running it until it comes back with something like "The volume Macintosh HD appears to be ok."
Note: If the volume has journalling enabled, you should get a message like

fsck_hfs: Volume is journaled. No checking performed.
fsck_hfs: Use the -f option to force checking.
In this case it should be reasonably safe to go ahead and mount the volume, since the journal should have taken care of any necessary repairs. But I'm paranoid, so I tend to recommend using fsck -yf to force a full check.

mount -uw / - Remount the boot volume, enabling write access. You need to do this before you can change anything on disk, but always run fsck first.
Note: if this command works, it won't give you any output (other than another shell prompt). If it prints something like:
root_device on / (local, read-only)
devfs on /dev (local)
then you probably mistyped the command.

(taken from http://www.westwind....ngle-user.html)

From here I'm not 100% sure what you can do, if depends on what you did when you replaced the iopci kext. Perhaps re-cache your kexts, or if that fails, if you have your original iopcifamily kext replace it.

Edited by Bored Badger, 14 January 2007 - 04:45 PM.

FlyingSaucer

FlyingSaucer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
No problem, I make always a partition backup before testing with kext so I made a recovery in 5 mins. But no PCMCIA :unsure:

P.S:
Thanks If u have other Idea I'm HERE

ugriecu

ugriecu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I need some help......My problem is in the hex editor....I don't understand nothing.....
I changed the values of the memories without problems with property plist editor.....
Memory window 0: 88000000-89fff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 8c000000-8dfff000
I/O window 0: 00002400-000024ff
I/O window 1: 00002800-000028ff
CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments: Unknown device 8039
ti xx12 and 8039???? what?????

Edited by ugriecu, 14 January 2007 - 08:34 PM.

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

No problem, I make always a partition backup before testing with kext so I made a recovery in 5 mins. But no PCMCIA :unsure:

P.S:
Thanks If u have other Idea I'm HERE

What version of OS X are you using? I dont think anyone has gotten it working on 10.4.8 yet. To be honest I'm in the same boat, I'm getting the start failed error and dont seem to be able to get round that.

ugriecu if your using the original kext that probono uploaded you wont need to hex edit anything as everything has already been done as his cardbus is the same as yours.

Edited by Bored Badger, 14 January 2007 - 10:07 PM.

FlyingSaucer

FlyingSaucer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
My Mac Os X is 10.4.8 kernel 8.8.1

sheriffbounce

sheriffbounce

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
same here tried the ioppccard kext from this thread...nothing
used the other kexts from glitchman too, but then OSX is not loading anymore after trying to start the pcmcia... :)
reinstalled the whole thing 6 times yesterday... it's PCI-kext making the system crash...

using JAS 10.4.8 kernel 8.8.1 Semthex

Edited by sheriffbounce, 15 January 2007 - 02:40 PM.

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

same here tried the ioppccard kext from this thread...nothing
used the other kexts from glitchman too, but then OSX is not loading anymore after trying to start the pcmcia... :rolleyes:
reinstalled the whole thing 6 times yesterday... it's PCI-kext making the system crash...

using JAS 10.4.8 kernel 8.8.1 Semthex

You need to follow the instructions and posts by Bugs earlier on in this topic a few pages back, 10.4.8 does not use the iopcifamily kext. It now uses a different kext for that.

Badger

To be honest I am pretty much calling off my attempts to get my cardbus working for the time being. I only wanted it for the wireless card I bought for this purpose, I just went out and bought a usb one instead which works (as I am posting from my hac right now).

Edited by Bored Badger, 16 January 2007 - 01:37 AM.

ugriecu

ugriecu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
my laptop is an Hp pavillion 5251:
I changed and modified all: memories value and bin driver with my id card...I used correct softwares to do these....(property plist editor and kex workshop) and I started with probono kext....but the pccard failed to start......I use 10.4.8 /8.8.1 osx version....help me please

amunhoz

amunhoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi, my PCMCIA card is D-Link DFE690TXD. Its device ID is 1340 and vendor ID is 1186.

When I run the lspci -v command under the terminal window in Ubuntu, the only device that shows information similar to what is shown in the post is:

Cardbus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1510 PC card Cardbus ControllerSubsystem: IM ThinkPad R40e (2684-HVG) Cardbus controllerFlags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 11Memory at 50000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]Bus: primary=02, secondary=03, subordinate=06, sec-latency=176Memory window 0: f0000000-f1fff000 (prefetchable)Memory window 1: d2000000-d3fff000I/O Window 0: 00004000-000040ffI/O Window 1: 00004400-000044ff16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

However, under Windows the PCMCIA card shows
I/O Range: fe00-feffMemory Range: febfee00-febfefff

How do I make my PCMCIA card to work on OSX86?

Thanks.

amunhoz

amunhoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
In OSX86, my tests are shown below.

When I plug the PCMCIA card into the slot, and run "sudo dmesg | grep PC", the following information comes to me:

[codebox]IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x1186, device 0x1340
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): found 1 functions
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 3)
IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: io 0x3400-0x34ff
IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 2: mem 0x30001000-0x300011ff
IOPCCard info: irq 11
[/codebox]

I tried to check the System Profiler, but there was nothing there regarding my PCMCIA, although I received the information above and my card has a green light on. Also, there is an icon for my card in the menu bar, next to the clock.

I also opened the Network Utility and tried to see if I was able to get an IP address from my network, but I was unlucky.

When I ask the icon in the menu bar to shut down the card, the green light goes off and the result of the "sudo dmesg | grep PC" execution is:

[codebox]
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x1186, device 0x1340
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): found 1 functions
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 3)
IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: io 0x3400-0x34ff
IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 2: mem 0x30001000-0x300011ff
IOPCCard info: irq 11
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_free(bus 3)
IOPCCard: shutting down socket 0.
IOPCCard: calling terminate on socket 0 function 0 nub 0x20a1900.
[/codebox]

What does all of this mean?
Is it possible to make any change in the system in order to make my card to work? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
amunhoz it sounds like you needto find drivers for the actual card your trying to use. I assume the power light will come on even if it doesn't know what card it is as thats related to the cardbus. What card have you put in?

amunhoz

amunhoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
My computer is a ThinkPad R40 with a built-in Intel® Pro 10/100 VE Network Connection, but this card is not working on my Windows XP and IBM told me that the card is non-functional any longer and suggested me to get a PCMCIA card. I am using a PCMCIA D-Link DFE-690TXD. The only driver that I found for this card, in the D-Link website, was for PowerPC.

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

My computer is a ThinkPad R40 with a built-in Intel Pro 10/100 VE Network Connection, but this card is not working on my Windows XP and IBM told me that the card is non-functional any longer and suggested me to get a PCMCIA card. I am using a PCMCIA D-Link DFE-690TXD. The only driver that I found for this card, in the D-Link website, was for PowerPC.

I'll take a look for you, see what drivers I can find. I'll edit this post with what I find. Seems like its possible to get it working, what version of the card is it? Should say it on the label.

=== Edit ===

Ok I've done a bit of research and found your card should work native, it uses a rtl8139 chip. I'm going to assume your on 10.4.8, because of the new kernal the driver that comes with osx doesn't work. You need to replace it with the new one which has been compiled for the new kernal. Take a look here, should be enough to fix it.

Edited by Bored Badger, 16 January 2007 - 06:45 PM.

gnomes

gnomes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
is there any chance of getting the SD card reader aspect of this working at all?

amunhoz

amunhoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'll take a look for you, see what drivers I can find. I'll edit this post with what I find. Seems like its possible to get it working, what version of the card is it? Should say it on the label.

=== Edit ===

Ok I've done a bit of research and found your card should work native, it uses a rtl8139 chip. I'm going to assume your on 10.4.8, because of the new kernal the driver that comes with osx doesn't work. You need to replace it with the new one which has been compiled for the new kernal. Take a look here, should be enough to fix it.

Hi Bored Badger, although my OS X shows 10.4.8, the kernel version is 8.4.1 (instead of 8.8.1) and the IONetworkingFamily.kext is 1.5.0 (instead of 1.5.1).

I downloaded the latest version of the kernel source code from Semthex's webpage, however I have no idea how to compile the kernel. How do I do this? Is it possible to get a pre-compiled version instead of compiling it manually?

Also, where can I get the IONetworkingFamily.kext version 1.5.1?

Thanks for your help.

Bored Badger

Bored Badger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I downloaded the latest version of the kernel source code from Semthex's webpage, however I have no idea how to compile the kernel. How do I do this? Is it possible to get a pre-compiled version instead of compiling it manually?

Sorry no I don't know much about that, sorry, with reguards to your card theres been a new link posted on that topic I linked to with new drivers compatible with both the kernal you have and the latest one. That should sort out the driver issue.

ugriecu

ugriecu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
sorry, but I'm the only one without luck.....I tried many times to start my pcmcia slot but nothing....here what I did:
-iopccardfamily.kext modified with right memory value and hex values for my id device: but after reboot the pccard fails to start
-then I also tried glitchman kexts (iopcifamily, acpifamily...etc..): but the system doesn't boot it remains locked.....
-and now I don't know what I can do......
I got an Hp pavillio 5251 laptop and who has success with a similar laptop?

with kanotix and acpi on I get:
8:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30a5
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 185
Memory at d2004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=08, secondary=09, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 88000000-89fff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 8c000000-8dfff000
I/O window 0: 00002400-000024ff
I/O window 1: 00002800-000028ff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

can it works with a right procedure?

Edited by ugriecu, 18 January 2007 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy