420 replies to this topic

Turbo50t

Turbo50t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Bugs,

Can you help with mine, at boot it gives me the found xx21 and when I stick my card in the slot it shows as an unknown Vendor, USB Controller, Power Off Card at the top but won't use it. I am using a Verizon V620 Merlin EVDO Card and have the Apple drivers installed, but it does not see the card. The card is getting power, because the green lite is flashing.

Here is my lspci -v from linux:
CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Hewlett Packard Company Unknown device 3082
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 18
Bus: primary=07, secondary=08, subordinate=0b, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 50000000-51fff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 52000000-53fff000
I/O window 0: 00005400-000054ff
I/O window 1: 00005400-000058ff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

Attached File  Turbo50t.tif   1.63MB   228 downloads

Oh and thanks for the cool diskutil tool that's great!

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
Sorry Turbo50t but I don't know how to help you with that .. :-(

Things you can try is using different installs (Mac OS 10.4.4/5/6 ..) + the kexts.

Good luck,
Bugs

fingerr

fingerr

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
@Buggs

Thanks for your efforts Bugs, but it's definately bug in the code. I tried posted kext and my system still hangs druging startup (after PCCard probe).

Maybe someone of you have enough knowledge to put code from latest linux kernel source (2.6.18) to this kext and compile it (I have no idea if its even posibble)?

Thanks in advance.

brad37

brad37

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright, I have tried everything , and I'm sure I have done something wrong. I have a toshiba a105-s4034, with the pcixx12 controller. Here is my device read out from kanotix.

07:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Unknown device ff10
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 185
Memory at dc007000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
I/O window 0: 00004400-000044ff
I/O window 1: 00004800-000048ff
I have edited these values in using plistedit pro. When I run dmesg | greppc, I just get
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0
I have seen some people have needed to replace there iopcifamily.kext as well but all the downloads I can find for it will not open. If anyone could please lend a hand it would be much appecitated. I have my alc861 sound and intel pro 100/ve network up and running, and with this i can get wireless. Thanks again

wondergod

wondergod

wonder mac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Bugs,

Can you help with mine, at boot it gives me the found xx21 and when I stick my card in the slot it shows as an unknown Vendor, USB Controller, Power Off Card at the top but won't use it. I am using a Verizon V620 Merlin EVDO Card and have the Apple drivers installed, but it does not see the card. The card is getting power, because the green lite is flashing.

Here is my lspci -v from linux:
CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Hewlett Packard Company Unknown device 3082
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 18
I/O window 0: 00005400-000054ff
I/O window 1: 00005400-000058ff

Attached File  Turbo50t.tif   1.63MB   228 downloads

Oh and thanks for the cool diskutil tool that's great!

turbo try the file attached below...also check your private messages....

Attached Files

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

I have seen some people have needed to replace there iopcifamily.kext as well but all the downloads I can find for it will not open.

Brad if your install does not even mount dmgs correctly you have a problem there which you ought to solve prior to any more messing with kexts. Normally that occurs after doing the wrong kind of update from Mac OS 10.4.x to 10.4.x+ resulting in a non-comaptible kernel.framework. But maybe you just have an old Mac OS install like 10.4.1 or .3? I cannot tell because you don't have a signature yet being new here. But maybe it's just 'cause you're using an old version of Disk Utility - well here's a new one. Please apply this first before continuing. Then open the new Disk Utility (the old one you need to delete before that and empty the trash!!) and run "repair permissions" and best reboot.

Which Mac OS install are you running?

brad37

brad37

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey buggs thanks for the quick reply
I'm running jas 10.4.6, as far as the disk utility goes I have no idea. Whatever came with the install is what I have. I can tell you this I just reloaded and have not changed my kexts at all, and when I run the dmesg I get the same thing. Any suggestions you have would be great.
Thanks again

brad37

brad37

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ohh ya when I did the install I used the customize option and put in the 10.4.6 combo update, sse2,sse3, and wireless networking. Not sure if thats usefull but you lost me on the whole dmesg thing not mounting, and that being a problem with my kernal framework. So I figured I would take a shot in the dark. Once again thank you for your help, and to this wonderfull site as well, without it my hacked mac would have no sound or ethernet.

velcomrob

velcomrob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
im trying to get this to work also

where exactly do i enter the device id? mine is 006c

do i use a hex editor to edit tge IOPCCardFamily? if so what do i search for in there.what hex editor do you use

do i need to convert 006c to hex?

thanks

velcomrob

velcomrob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i got it to work..but now my pc locks up

screw it.. i give up on this stuff for now :)

back to windows i go..peace out all

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
All right guys I need to phase out of this topic because of time issues. For everyone who wants to get this to work: everything is very meticulously explained in the first couple of postings including everything which you need to figure out in Windows (Device Manager, Hex Edit or Hex Workshop), Linux, and how to go about everything in Mac OS including all required Links to Linix Live-CD images, Mac OS Apps and kexts. More I cannot do anyway. If the controller still isn't working then there is something deeper within your system that keeps it from working ..

Good luck everyone, and again thanks to probono for unwrapping this kext .. :D

Turbo50t

Turbo50t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
@turbo50t

Thanks Bugs for all your help in this forum and all the others, I know that all you guys work hard to get stuff working right for all of us Hacintoshers.

I think that I finally got mine to work just have to figure out how to get my V620 working, it is now recognized as the Novetel Merlin V620, so I should be able to get it up and operational. Once that is done my system will be 100%.

I went back to 10.4.7 as you suggested and seems that did it. Thanks again for all you do.

Edit: Probono, here is another system type you can add to your working kext.

Turbo50t

Turbo50t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
wondergod:

As you can see something is happening with my V620 card, the system sees it, but it does not show up as a modem or anything else when I try to set up a profile to use it. Hope this screen shot will be useful to you in figuring out what I am doing wrong.Attached File  Turbo50t_Screen.tiff   1.24MB   53 downloads

wondergod

wondergod

wonder mac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
like i said in your pm....its not a problem with a pcmcia slot driver...its something with the card driver....lets take this to pm's so we don't change the topic of this thread :)

brad37

brad37

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay I have managed to get an error now, which is good thing. being that I could not get anything before. Now when I run dmeg I get
IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff
IOPCCardBridge::start failed
Before I just got that invaild bus id 0x0 messege, and also after I changed out my pcifamily.kext, both the pcifamily.kext and the iopccardfamily.kext now show up and are satified in system profiler. I have also edited the plist file in pccardfamily.kext to match my info
CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Unknown device ff10
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 185
Memory at dc007000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
I/O window 0: 00004400-000044ff
I/O window 1: 00004800-000048ff
I used plist edit pro, to edit the values in. By the way after I edit them they do not show as I typed them, is this normal? Anyway here is all my info, If anyone can help that would be great. Also thank you so much for getting me this far buggs, I will get it soon.

maniac19

maniac19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Guys,

is it possible to run my TI PCI7420 cardbus controller with this driver? Or is it possible to adjust it, so it will support my controller?

Thanks.

Sergio_pilot

Sergio_pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeeaaahhh, works for me.

congratulations really good job, now i only need to add my internal card reader.

maybe if i follow the tutorial in the begining for do it and adding the strings for io and memory of the card reader in the same kext will be possible to make it to work? :whistle:

JohnMag4u

JohnMag4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was able to complete all the steps except:

"Third, repaced the name of a similar TI bridge with "xx12" so that it is correctly recognized "

Where do I change this? I need to make it xx10 for mine.

THANKS!

wondergod

wondergod

wonder mac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Guys,

is it possible to run my TI PCI7420 cardbus controller with this driver? Or is it possible to adjust it, so it will support my controller?

Thanks.

yes it is...i believe when editing the driver I saw the 4720 already listed... I believe you may only need to edit the plist with your correct memory and i/o settings....if that doesn't work you may need to hexedit the driver...

I was able to complete all the steps except:

"Third, repaced the name of a similar TI bridge with "xx12" so that it is correctly recognized "

Where do I change this? I need to make it xx10 for mine.

THANKS!

in the driver...its somewhere in the kext folder...its a file like IOPCCARDfamily with no end extension...you need to open that with a hex edit and add it in there. Also the step "Fourth (important): Used a hex editor to edit the device ID into the binary driver. Important: device ID "8039" becomes hex "3980"." needs to be the same file....

Turbo50t

Turbo50t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Go to the IOPCCARDFAMILY.Kext and then in the MAC folder is the driver that he is talking about. Let me save you some time though, here are the Cardbuses already in the driver file:

TI 1130.TI 1131.TI 1031.TI 1210.TI 1211.TI 1220.TI 1221.TI 1225.TI 1250A....TI 1251A....TI 1251B....TI 1410.TI 1420.TI 1450.TI 1451.TI 1510.TI 1520.TI 1620.TI 4410.TI 4450.TI 4451.TI 4510.TI 4520.TI 7410.TI 7510.TI xx21.Toshiba ToPIC95-A...Toshiba ToPIC95-B...Toshiba ToPIC97.Toshiba ToPIC100

Notice that TI xx12 is not one of them, that's why he had to add his, if yours is already in there, you don't have to do a thing to this file, just the Memory and I/O ranges in the info.plist, using Property List Manager and make sure you edit the right machine, it should be ADP2,1 if you are on a Hacintosh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy