HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

I used the 10.11 envy files in the OP (which link here) and there was no issue. Then, after replacing the whole of SMBIOS in the config.plist with a new serial, SmUUID, board serial number etc. so I could get iMessage to work, that delay reappeared. I'm not sure how changing trivial things such as the serial number could cause this issue - I didn't touch anything in the ACPI section like  gygabyte666 suggested either.

Bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer.

Which Haswell Envy do you have (please fill out your signature with hardware details).

Mnfesq, I download getdump, launch it and nothing happen. no audio info

there is 10.11.4 update. anyone has already updated ? :)

Yep, updated and everything working, you just gotta update from RehabMan's repo to get your sound back.

Thanks btw RehabMan, saved my day 

You misunderstood what I wrote. I was suggesting that you should replace the acpi tables if you're model is different from the one intended for Andrw0380's files. Different models have different hardware and in turn have different tables to accommodate for that. Bottom line is if you're not using the exact model the tables were dumped from, you need to make your own based from your own dumps.

Bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer.

Which Haswell Envy do you have (please fill out your signature with hardware details).

I didn't have any issues (including the mouse lag issue) before the changes, though? I only made changes to the SMBios section and not the ACPI section nor the other files from the zip.

My envy is a J105SA

- i7-4700MQ and HD4600 integrated graphics

- GT740M (i've accepted this will never work on OS X)

- IDT Beats Audio with 4 speakers and 2 subwoofers

- Intel Wireless AC-3160 and Bluetooth (I've also accepted the wireless won't ever work)

My envy is a J105SA

- i7-4700MQ and HD4600 integrated graphics

- GT740M (i've accepted this will never work on OS X)

- IDT Beats Audio with 4 speakers and 2 subwoofers

- Intel Wireless AC-3160 and Bluetooth (I've also accepted the wireless won't ever work)

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

Sorry, I forgot to mention following that guide was one of the first things I did  - awesome guide btw, thanks!

I just did the "updates to the patch repositories" section just in case and rebooted, and the problem (albeit minor) is still there. I'm just really puzzled about how my changes to the (what I thought irrelevant) SmBios section could have caused the bug.

ok, voodoohda copied to S\L\E, applehda removed, APPLEHDA_IDT removed too, result - kernel panic

Try to edit VoodooHDA's info.plist and change IOPCIClassMatch to the following

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x8c208086</string>

Then apply kext back to System/Library/Extensions and repair permissions. If still not working run DPCIManager and it will tell you what audio devices are detected which you just change the code above to your device ids.

ok, voodoohda copied to S\L\E, applehda removed, APPLEHDA_IDT removed too, result - kernel panic

Do you keep kexts anywhere beside S/L/E?  Conflicting kexts are the most likely cause of a KP.

Use this guide to help you get the non-customized version of VoodooHDA.kext working:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

Do you keep kexts anywhere beside S/L/E?  Conflicting kexts are the most likely cause of a KP.

Use this guide to help you get the non-customized version of VoodooHDA.kext working:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

This is why I tend to avoid using VoodooHDA. In the past it had a tendency to cause KPs on many of my installs. This was back when VoodooHDA was the only known way to achieve successful audio for unsupported OOB codecs with AppleHDA. VoodooHDA wasn't very reliably receiving updates then either, which was another main drawback to using it. Don't know why I felt the need to share that but it happened. >.<

Good luck you guys! :)

I've given up on the mouse delay since it's so minor, but I have another issue that I'd love to get sorted.

Up until now I've been using a wireless mouse with a USB transceiver which has worked without a hiccup. But this sort of makes my Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth mouse useless. Currently, the bluetooth (Intel Wireless-AC 3160 WiFi+Bluetooth) sort of works - by that I mean that it can pair with a device, but won't stay connected. It immediately disconnects - in Console, it says that it timed out. The same issue occurs when trying to pair my Nexus 6P, however as soon as you try and send a file to it, it stays connected until the file is sent. As soon as it's sent, it disconnects again. I've been trying several different ways to get devices to stay connected, to no avail. 

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks for the help.

I've given up on the mouse delay since it's so minor, but I have another issue that I'd love to get sorted.

Up until now I've been using a wireless mouse with a USB transceiver which has worked without a hiccup. But this sort of makes my Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth mouse useless. Currently, the bluetooth (Intel Wireless-AC 3160 WiFi+Bluetooth) sort of works - by that I mean that it can pair with a device, but won't stay connected. It immediately disconnects - in Console, it says that it timed out. The same issue occurs when trying to pair my Nexus 6P, however as soon as you try and send a file to it, it stays connected until the file is sent. As soon as it's sent, it disconnects again. I've been trying several different ways to get devices to stay connected, to no avail. 

Thanks for the help.

Replace Intel WiFi/BT half-mini PCIe card with compatible Broadcom hardware: BCM94352HMB.

Thanks for the help.

The Intel AC 3160 will never work in OS X. The bluetooth combined with it should be seen as equally useless since it's not a viable long term solution for bluetooth. No sense in wasting anymore time on that card. Do yourself a favor and swap it for something compatible such as what Rehab suggested.

This is why I tend to avoid using VoodooHDA. In the past it had a tendency to cause KPs on many of my installs. This was back when VoodooHDA was the only known way to achieve successful audio for unsupported OOB codecs with AppleHDA. VoodooHDA wasn't very reliably receiving updates then either, which was another main drawback to using it. Don't know why I felt the need to share that but it happened. >.<

Good luck you guys! :)

I've had equally bad luck with AppleHDA.  There is no easy solution for getting sound to work.  At least, when I was done, I had all 6 speakers working. I'm still working on getting AppleHDA to work since I would like one of my Hacks to use HDMI audio/video and Voodoo just doesn't seem to support HDMI audio.

I've had equally bad luck with AppleHDA.  There is no easy solution for getting sound to work.  At least, when I was done, I had all 6 speakers working. I'm still working on getting AppleHDA to work since I would like one of my Hacks to use HDMI audio/video and Voodoo just doesn't seem to support HDMI audio.

That's a shame. Not having HDMI support is a deal breaker for me, especially since I use it so much on my laptops.

Replace Intel WiFi/BT half-mini PCIe card with compatible Broadcom hardware: BCM94352HMB.

The Intel AC 3160 will never work in OS X. The bluetooth combined with it should be seen as equally useless since it's not a viable long term solution for bluetooth. No sense in wasting anymore time on that card. Do yourself a favor and swap it for something compatible such as what Rehab suggested.

Ok thanks! I'm about to take the plunge and buy the WiFi card Rehabman mentioned, but, slightly off-topic, does anyone know whether it's worth buying a used card? My laptop came with the AC-3160, but on the parts list the BCM94352 is mentioned as an alternate card. I found this, which has the same part number (724935-001), but it's used. All the other cards are quite a bit more expensive. Thanks

Ok thanks! I'm about to take the plunge and buy the WiFi card Rehabman mentioned, but, slightly off-topic, does anyone know whether it's worth buying a used card? My laptop came with the AC-3160, but on the parts list the BCM94352 is mentioned as an alternate card. I found this, which has the same part number (724935-001), but it's used. All the other cards are quite a bit more expensive. Thanks

That card should be fine no matter how you get it. I have 2 of them with a third on the way and I can tell you that they work flawlessly with these machines. If you want to save a few and get it used I say go for it. As long as it's in good working order when you receive it, it'll do nicely. :)

If you follow RehabMan's original guide, at the bottom, there is a part about what to do after an update, I'd advise you to follow it, or you can just use the patch_hda on the Envy repo.

that's not ver helpful 1: which guide 2: where's the patch_hda or said repo. the OP has no links to such things.