Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,559 posts

I had sleep working great, but not any longer. I think it has to do with that i started to use the iGPU for a while again. System.log gives me "Wake reason: HDEF XHC" mostly. The issues reported in this topic with the unresponsive Chameleon prompt, i also had occur on my system. I suspect something fishy with the damn gigabyte usb design again (had it occur also on my X58  board, at random. Same {censored}).

I had two gigabytes over the course of my life, what I can say about the gigabyte? they suck, they are cards that only have problems, problems with usb, sudden reset bios, for me the only company gigabytes should fail, for me they are incompetent .... I had the asus motherboards are real, never had problems

kryten

kryten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

:)

Attached Files

deybdeybdeyb

deybdeybdeyb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I had sleep working great, but not any longer. I think it has to do with that i started to use the iGPU for a while again. System.log gives me "Wake reason: HDEF XHC" mostly. The issues reported in this topic with the unresponsive Chameleon prompt, i also had occur on my system. I suspect something fishy with the damn gigabyte usb design again (had it occur also on my X58  board, at random. Same {censored}). 

same here. but mine was just due to XHC. After checking syslog, it started last December 18th, 2013. My last change was the update to 10.9.1 perhaps some of the kexts (mine USB 3.0 specifically) needs to be updated. not sure. 

-- Update

After some isolation, it seems that the Corsair H100i USB Link which was attached to the USB2.0 header of the board is causing the sleep issue. Not yet sure how to resolve this without removing the USB Link.

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,219 posts

i´m a new user from this mother, nice OB.

my good bios settings

bios V7, in attachment

Press F7 to load optimized default

xHCI Mode auto

xHCI Hand-OFF Enabled

EHCI Hand-OFF Enabled

Internal Graphics Disabled

Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.

Wake on Lan Disabled

Intel VT-d Disabled

Network stack Disabled

my files:

Z87X-UD3H.zip

sddreiter

sddreiter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and am trying to get the integrated Intel 4600 graphics to work. My issue is that it is working intermittently. I can boot and sometimes after the verbose output for startup and the login screen is supposed to appear I get an image filled with snow/static. Other times it boots fine and I get the login screen and everything works fine.

Here are a few things I have tried that didn't seem to matter:

1. In the bios the memory settings for the Intel 4600 graphics was not 1024 like OSX thought so I changed it so they matched.

2. Tried the DVI vs hdmi port from the motherboard.

3. From an earlier post I followed these directions:

For HD4600, add the following lines to org.chameleon.bool.plist in the Extra folder:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
     <string>0c260000</string>
     <key>IGPenabler</key>
     <string>Yes</string>

When it boots fine I don't have any issues, and the about displays as Intel HD Graphics 4600 with 1024 MB. I even ran cinebench and it worked fine. When it doesn't boot fine I am able to ssh into the box and see that it hasn't crashed, just no windows display. Are there any logs that I could check to see what is going on? The system.log file has more entries when it works for WindowServer then when it doesn't that process seems to be the one getting stuck but not sure why... Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

David.

kryten

kryten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and am trying to get the integrated Intel 4600 graphics to work. My issue is that it is working intermittently. I can boot and sometimes after the verbose output for startup and the login screen is supposed to appear I get an image filled with snow/static. Other times it boots fine and I get the login screen and everything works fine.

Here are a few things I have tried that didn't seem to matter:

1. In the bios the memory settings for the Intel 4600 graphics was not 1024 like OSX thought so I changed it so they matched.

2. Tried the DVI vs hdmi port from the motherboard.

3. From an earlier post I followed these directions:

For HD4600, add the following lines to org.chameleon.bool.plist in the Extra folder:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
     <string>0c260000</string>
     <key>IGPenabler</key>
     <string>Yes</string>

When it boots fine I don't have any issues, and the about displays as Intel HD Graphics 4600 with 1024 MB. I even ran cinebench and it worked fine. When it doesn't boot fine I am able to ssh into the box and see that it hasn't crashed, just no windows display. Are there any logs that I could check to see what is going on? The system.log file has more entries when it works for WindowServer then when it doesn't that process seems to be the one getting stuck but not sure why... Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

David.

1. Do not change the VRAM setting in BIOS to 1024. Change it back to default which I believe is 64.
  2. No difference if you use the right default IGPlaformID eg 0D220003
  3. Only <key>IGPenabler</key>
         <string>Yes</string> should be enough and should default to IGPlaformID 0D220003
  4. <key>IGPlatformID</key> is only needed if you experience difficulties with default and need to overide and/or experiment.
  5. Which bootloader and what version are you using? All the above only applies to Chimera 2.2.1
  6. Good luck.

sddreiter

sddreiter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I had the IGPenabler set to yes but setting IGPlatformID seems to have done the trick. I tried a couple of different values but setting it to

0D260000 has allowed me to reboot 5 times and each time i get the login screen correctly when it comes back up so I think I am good now.

I also figured out I was using Chimera 2.2.1 as my boot loader, I didn't know since I just did the ##### install and it installed it for me. Thanks for the help.

David.

1. Do not change the VRAM setting in BIOS to 1024. Change it back to default which I believe is 64.
  2. No difference if you use the right default IGPlaformID eg 0D220003
  3. Only <key>IGPenabler</key>
         <string>Yes</string> should be enough and should default to IGPlaformID 0D220003
  4. <key>IGPlatformID</key> is only needed if you experience difficulties with default and need to overide and/or experiment.
  5. Which bootloader and what version are you using? All the above only applies to Chimera 2.2.1
  6. Good luck.

@!!ex

@!!ex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

After last update i lost my sound card.

AppleHDA.kext from this thread not working anymore.

I tryAppleHDA.kext form here: http://www.insanelym...98-1091-253fc1/

Place it in S/L/E

Repair permissions

Reboot

Fail

Reinstall AppleHDA.kext from this thread with Kext Utility, and all works fine.

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

I have the following:

1. Intel Core i7-4770/4770K 
2. Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard

F7 bios from Gigabyte

onboard graphics

Using following kexts: FakeSMC, AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1

The Problem: Keyboard and mouse attached to USB ports stop working after sleep/wakeup. Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

BR,
Oki

@!!ex

@!!ex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have the following:

1. Intel Core i7-4770/4770K 
2. Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard

F7 bios from Gigabyte

onboard graphics

Using following kexts: FakeSMC, AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1

The Problem: Keyboard and mouse attached to USB ports stop working after sleep/wakeup. Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

BR,
Oki

Problem is in keyboard or mouse.

i have similar problem with keyboard on my windows PC. Connect another keyboard - and all works fine.

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Problem is in keyboard or mouse.

i have similar problem with keyboard on my windows PC. Connect another keyboard - and all works fine.

Not really - tried with 3 keyboards (one of them being new apple keyboard) - results are the same. Cannot login after sleep since keyboard not working :(. Please help. Disconnecting/connecting again does not help. Tried with both USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports.

necrophagous

necrophagous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

^did you put some unknown kext ( say like usb 3 kext or something?)

i've got the same issue back then in mountain lion using my z68 board

yesmanhk

yesmanhk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone, I'm new here and i having problem after the installation of the welcome screen.

i booted up USB pendive which attached on the front USB 2.0. After select the language of English then it shows the error log.

any advise? Mouse and keyboard connected as USB and it both are working during the installation

Here is my config:

Z87x-UD3H  (F7 Bios)
GTX670

i4770K

Kingston SSD (pluged in SATA slot 1 (not slot 0) )

BIOS setting:

Load default BIOS setting

EHCI hand-off =Enable

XHCI Mode = AUTO

Intel Processor Graphics = Disable

SATA config = Hot Plug = Enable   ( on all SATA port)

Secure Boot = Disable

I have to boot up with this boot flag otherwise i can't see the welcome screen:

-v graphicsEnabler=No

there is no goal with : -v graphicsEnabler=No -f

Log files attached

Thanks~

Attached Files

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,252 posts

hi

•  
  • I have the same mb ,no problems to install,check your prepared usb mavericks..the restore, the add of fake and nullcpu... as the guides recommend,and last chameleon,on mine I use g210,as video card,don't have experience with video integrated to processor..like hd3000,hd4000 and so on..
  • c.frio
  • photo-thumb-366489.jpeg?_r=1365193745

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

^did you put some unknown kext ( say like usb 3 kext or something?)

i've got the same issue back then in mountain lion using my z68 board

No! Just 3 of them - FakeSMC, patched AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1. I will check it out later today by connecting via ssh when computer wakes up.

aliab

aliab

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

HI everybody!

GAZ87-XUD3H, i4770, Mavericks 10.9.2

Chameleon-r2377, HWSensors.6.0.1115,

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/

AppleHDA patched
HDAEnabler1.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patched
AppleIntelE1000e

Everything works nicely but no good power management here ! just get low coeff x8 and high x34 plus turbo x35,x36,x37 ?

reading the thread i see that the problem seem to be not so simple

I can't manage to compile DSDT to get rid of AppleCPUPowerMnagement and HDAEnabler

it would be nice, if someone could post edited one

Thank you 

devdev001

devdev001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

HI everybody!

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/

AppleHDA patched
HDAEnabler1.kext
AppleIntelE1000e

Everything works nicely but no good power management here ! just get low coeff x8 and high x34 plus turbo x35,x36,x37 ?

I can't manage to compile DSDT to get rid of AppleCPUPowerMnagement and HDAEnabler

Thank you 

Hello All

I have the same setup for my hack, and am having the same exact issue.  The only difference is I am using an SSDT instead of HDAEnabler1.  I am also using SSDT created by Pike's script, but it doesn't seem to work.  Smbios is MacPro 3,1.

Any thoughts or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

devdev001

eivinds

eivinds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

same here. but mine was just due to XHC. After checking syslog, it started last December 18th, 2013. My last change was the update to 10.9.1 perhaps some of the kexts (mine USB 3.0 specifically) needs to be updated. not sure. 

-- Update

After some isolation, it seems that the Corsair H100i USB Link which was attached to the USB2.0 header of the board is causing the sleep issue. Not yet sure how to resolve this without removing the USB Link.

I am having the same issue I think, it seems like the USB2.0 header is waking up directly after going to sleep.

Wake reason: XHC

Did you find anything more on this?

kryten

kryten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

HI everybody!

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/

AppleHDA patched
HDAEnabler1.kext
AppleIntelE1000e

Thank you 

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext isn't even loaded. Haswell uses XCPM.

Hello All

I have the same setup for my hack, and am having the same exact issue.  The only difference is I am using an SSDT instead of HDAEnabler1.  I am also using SSDT created by Pike's script, but it doesn't seem to work.  Smbios is MacPro 3,1.

Any thoughts or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

devdev001

Don't use a MacPro 3.1 Smbios.

After some fiddling I managed to get one additional CPU P-State : 8 17 35 36 37 38 39 on my Z87X-UD3H with i7 4470k.

I'm using a MacPro6,1 Smbios. 

devdev001

devdev001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext isn't even loaded. Haswell uses XCPM.

Don't use a MacPro 3.1 Smbios.

After some fiddling I managed to get one additional CPU P-State : 8 17 35 36 37 38 39 on my Z87X-UD3H with i7 4470k.

I'm using a MacPro6,1 Smbios. 

Thanks...   Will try that soon.  I also heard/saw something about using an iMac smbios.  Does anyone know if it has any benefits?

Thanks,

devdev001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy