nVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.4 (313.01.02f01)

Kynyo

35 posts in this topic

I always had problems with Safari on nVidia GPU's. Safari uses some HW-acceleration and I'm getting weird console messages on some pages (Google Maps, etc.).

After switching to Chrome most problems are gone.

To be sure the drivers are loaded, you will have to use a NVRAM-module. What do you mean with no longer pref. load?

I always had problems with Safari on nVidia GPU's. Safari uses some HW-acceleration and I'm getting weird console messages on some pages (Google Maps, etc.).

After switching to Chrome most problems are gone.

To be sure the drivers are loaded, you will have to use a NVRAM-module. What do you mean with no longer pref. load?

Preference Pane. Its was there originally on the top Apple Bar.  Allows you to switch back and forth from OSX to Nvidia Web Drivers.  I don't really care about that though.

I have seen that nvram-module in the extra folder and had no idea what that  was used for?

Do I need to modify the Org.chamleon.boot.plist any more than adding "nvda_drv=1" to enable this module?

Preference Pane. Its was there originally on the top Apple Bar.  Allows you to switch back and forth from OSX to Nvidia Web Drivers.  I don't really care about that though.

I have seen that nvram-module in the extra folder and had no idea what that  was used for?

Do I need to modify the Org.chamleon.boot.plist any more than adding "nvda_drv=1" to enable this module?

Surprisingly, no.

I merely added the module when doing an update install of the latest Chameleon - the installer added nvda_drv=1 itself as a default switch.

Result - the Web driver loads on boot (which wasn't the case before); amusingly, this is the least painful driver change I've had to do (not merely in OS X, but the Windows side was shockingly painless as well).

Surprisingly, no.

I merely added the module when doing an update install of the latest Chameleon - the installer added nvda_drv=1 itself as a default switch.

Result - the Web driver loads on boot (which wasn't the case before); amusingly, this is the least painful driver change I've had to do (not merely in OS X, but the Windows side was shockingly painless as well).

Modules go in /Extra/Modules, not /Extra.

When the nvram module is loaded, you don't have to do anything else, just enable the nvidia web driver through the preference pane and restart.

It seems the latest version of Chameleon automatically Installs the module and nvram

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Mavericks will be available another driver pack upon GM release!

Yeahh I think we will see the introduction of the new 320.XX.XX drivers on Mavericks GM since on the windows world there are 326 beta drivers already.

I hope some good news for us Fermi users.

Good Luck