Sleep Mode in AMD

Kikobeats

18 posts in this topic

Simply question. Is this possbile?

I've tried it with SleepEnabler.kext but I have not success

Of course, C1 Support in BIOS is disabled (if not, kernel panic, you know!)

hmm @theconnactic im still wondering how you got that working. I have my system running 99% perfect (even audio through HDMI which I know your system is having issues with) but I can not for the life of me get sleep working. Every rendition of sleepenabler and with nullcpu and without, and with fakesmc and without and yadda yadda yadda, nothing works. When I sleep the machine the screen goes black, the system stays on and I cant get the screen and desktop to come back on. I eventually have to restart to use it again. Its like a limbo between sleep and awake

Here SleepEnabler works fine with Lion. There's nly one kext that will work: google the keywords Sleepenabler+Lion+osx86.net.

With ML, i simply didn't have time yet to test.

In my BIOS, suspend mode set to S3.

Best regards!

Today I tested SleepEnabler+AppleRTC in ML and don't work. Have S3 mode too.

SleepEnabler (which I've never gotten to work) is a mere workaround, and simply tells XNU it can sleep. Issues waking up from sleep, or issues with half-sleeping have nothing to do with SleepEnabler. What we really need is for someone to create a kext to support AMD power management, instead of just using NCPM, but that's easier said than done i imagine...

• Like 2

Here SleepEnabler works fine with Lion. There's nly one kext that will work: google the keywords Sleepenabler+Lion+osx86.net.

With ML, i simply didn't have time yet to test.

In my BIOS, suspend mode set to S3.

Best regards!

Thanks for the search hint. Now have 10.7.5 with working sleep :)

• Like 1

VoodooPowerACPI still exists, but the development is dead long ago. Would be interesting to know if it would work with Mountain Lion. Probably you'll find it at www.kexts.com.

All the best.

Not without mods.

It even requires some extra coding for 10.6 so definitely for 10.8

Unfortunately my G210 1) is broken 2) won't work with ML on AMD. Never saw a card that easy to set up. You know, i regret every time i told people to stay away from this card: okay, it was hell to work with it under ML in the beginning (it would lock the screen, crash, freeze etc), but when nVidia updated the retail drivers, it started to work as a champ with ML (even sleep, HDMI audio, all three ports).

Unfortunately my G210 1) is broken 2) won't work with ML on AMD. Never saw a card that easy to set up. You know, i regret every time i told people to stay away from this card: okay, it was hell to work with it under ML in the beginning (it would lock the screen, crash, freeze etc), but when nVidia updated the retail drivers, it started to work as a champ with ML (even sleep, HDMI audio, all three ports).

Ahaha, I was going to buy G210 for my intel but then you advised against it so I went for the GT 610 instead... LOL

Guys, only to inform you all that i have fully working sleep with Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and the Radeon HD5450 silent from Sapphire. :D

I used i SleepEnabler.kext for Mountain Lion, and up to now it would make the system sleep, but it would wake to a black screen (stand by mode).

Then, i added both the flags PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No (i know, the system will report HD5000+generic ATY frame buffer, but who cares?)

I don't know if it has any relevance for the fix, but i previously had ATY injections on my DSDT, aiming HDMI audio (which it's also solved, thanks to an AppleHDA.kext made by Mirone).

All the best!