• Please log in to reply
686 replies to this topic

uukk

uukk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

My USB3 hub working only if the Lexar CF reader are plugged before power on the system.

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 468 posts

Are people saying it doesn't work on Yosemite sure they have the Yosemite-specific build installed?  Or RehabMan's All-In-One?

The build for 10.7.x - 10.9 doesn't work on Yosemite.

uukk

uukk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I confirm this kext works for me but only if the Lexar CF reader are plugged before power on the system.

https://bitbucket.or...3-2014-1016.zip

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 468 posts

USB3 hubs are an issue.  Each device connected to the USB topology must have a specific driver for it to work.  USB3 hubs are a device in that sense and need a driver.   Apple has a built-in USB3 hub driver in IOUSBFamily, but it may not work on all USB3 hubs.  They test it with hardware they ship.

Some xhci chipsets have a built-in rate-matching hub in the chipset for handling USB 2.0 devices.  This is permited by the spec - and again - Apple's supplied hub driver may not succeed in handling it.

frankiee

frankiee

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Everything

@frankie, what's you saying?

Personally this kext is fantastic, but  IOUSBFamily source from Apple is no longer available, so development is stopped at Mavericks (as I understand what Zenith432 said). So there is nothing abnormal or totally useless here, but there is only a light because  otherwise to have full implementation you need to buy a MacPro6,1 at € 3.053,03.

Yeah, this kext is / was "OK" for me, but not exactly"fantastic". Again, no one to blame, but I also really cannot call that "fantastic", bc I had / have quite some issues even on 10.9.5 - but I am sure Zenith did what he could do - so I absolutely appreciate his work and thank him for his efforts. But as you also said this kext apparently cannot be properly developed any further. Of course I do not blame anyone (as I already said!!!!!!!) but ignoring that fact does not improve on the situation and does not solve anything. Fact is, that there is apparently no proper USB solution for Yosemite right now, and I don't like that of course  (why should I?)

And no, I won't buy another Mac Pro, unless they return to the old form factor (which Apple never will). And I am not sure if there will be an updated model at all. Buying one right now is just stupid imho.

So my questions remain:

1) Is there even a remote possibilty that we will get a reliable USB solution also for 10.10 (and 10.11)? If "no" then 10.9.x will be my last OS X version. What is an OS worth without proper USB support?

2) Is there any Highend Mobo with native USB support, that could be used for a hackintosh? DSDT Edits would be OK for me, but not any 3rd party kexts

Thanks for any insights!

PS: with "abnormal" I meant the fact that I need additional USB cards even when I already have 10+ ports built in my mobo.

Are people saying it doesn't work on Yosemite sure they have the Yosemite-specific build installed?

sure

uukk

uukk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

USB3 hubs are an issue.  Each device connected to the USB topology must have a specific driver for it to work.  USB3 hubs are a device in that sense and need a driver.   Apple has a built-in USB3 hub driver in IOUSBFamily, but it may not work on all USB3 hubs.  They test it with hardware they ship.

Some xhci chipsets have a built-in rate-matching hub in the chipset for handling USB 2.0 devices.  This is permited by the spec - and again - Apple's supplied hub driver may not succeed in handling it.

Sorry but I mean the USB3 controller not external hub:

Bus SuperSpeed USB 3.0:

Posizione controller host:	USB integrata
  Driver controller host:	GenericUSBXHCI
  ID dispositivo PCI:	0x7023 
  ID revisione PCI:	0x0001 
  ID fornitore PCI:	0x1b6f 
  Numero bus:	0x0e 

USB_3_0 Reader:

ID prodotto:	0xb049
  ID fornitore:	0x05dc  (Lexar Media, Inc.)
  Versione:	0.01
  Numero di serie:	000000019564
  Velocità:	Fino a 5 Gb/sec
  Produttore:	Lexar
  ID posizione:	0x1d200000 / 1
  Corrente disponibile (mA):	900
  Corrente necessaria (mA):	896

kind regards

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 2,001 posts

PS: with "abnormal" I meant the fact that I need additional USB cards even when I already have 10+ ports built in my mobo.

sure

Yea, do not take bad what I said, because before GenerickUSBXHCI "exist" there was no way to see USB 3.0 work in OSX with Intel chipset. Asmedia and NEC-Renesas have had their support after someone hack them (CallDigit kexts or PXHCD.kext, but even they have not made people happy in hackintosh world). For the rest GenericUSBXHCI.kext  in SLE (or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/) has always run my port in Yosemite---> gratis :) . Maybe I talk too much, but for me it has always worked and I should stop talking since everything is ok here.

If does not work for others or not working really super, patience :), however I always buy what I need with an eye on --> Asmedia and Nec/Renesas are not supported by OSX, but Intel works, so nothing "abnormal", sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xHC, USB 3.0

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy