1) Install Laserhive rear I/O plate
2) Add Laserhive motherboard tray.
4) Install 92mm fans on Laserhive rear I/O plate.
6) Install wiring adapter made by BlackCH
7) Install modular PSU
8) Fabricate female to male extension cable from PSU to existing rear port on case.
10) Run power cables from PSU to required areas
Parts to buy:
Radeon HD 7870 (Original plan was for GTX 560 TI)
Corsair CX600M PSU (would a 550watt be sufficient?)
ASRock Z77M Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gig (2 x 4gig) ram
2 x 92mm Arctic F9 Case Fans
2 x 120mm Arctic F12 Case Fan
I already own quite a few WD Black 1TB SATA HDDs, so I am not going to purchase new ones. If you have suggestions for parts, then by all means make them. I am really close to my budget for parts ($800USD), but if you see something better at around the same price, please share.
Here's my case, it's got a few minor scratches, but it's a beauty from 2ft away.
Also, here's some pictures of the disassembly process.
One other thing, I haven't seen this slot (the one under the lock lever) on any of the other cases.
I think the I/O Backplate will cover it, but I may have to do some metal massaging. Anyhow, I am now waiting for parts, but I want to thank all of the people who have done this before for so generously documenting the steps that they took and how to avoid some issues as well.
Hopefully I'll have some updates soon!