[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Thank you for collecting the information in a single place, it works on my DELL laptop also :)

Glad this guide helped you. :) I've seen in other places where users ask questions on how to do this or that and I decided put all of that information here. Any other discoveries, suggestions, are always welcome.

Remember the line "Once you go Mac, you never go back?" I've have not dual booted to Windows 8 ever since I did all of the things in this guide lol. There are more problems in native Windows than in a hacked OS X. :P

Wow, I am soooo happy to have come back here and find this. Absolutely amazing. My Lenovo and I thank all of those involved for their awesome work in making this possible to all of us Intel HD laptop owners. Great, great job! Thanks again!! :)

• Like 1

Hello,

For what OS version will these driver be working?

I got the arrandale / intel integrated / Radeon HD5000 (ATI Madison) in my HP dv7-4177 and would like mountain lion on it.

Install disk don't even boot.. :(

What's possible to do ? i used myhack to put the retail install on a usb stick.

thanks for any help, maybe just a link, one of you propably felt onto a "local apic KP" as i do, whatever the parameter i enter on chameleon?

Thanks to save me time, i suspect some myhack parameters to be able to solve my problem, but i don't find which!

Thanks for this. Now got a semi working system TM2 with i5 430 cpu.

Do anyone know how to get the HDMI port working?

the only way I can think of is by editing DSDT.aml that's if you can get the right set of numbers which enables hdmi. hdmi and vga should be enabled through appleintelhdgraphicsFB.kext since that doesn't work. there is 2 options one is for a group of developers to work on another module which enables that just like how resolution was enabled. or through editing DSDT. for me i'm done with intelhdgraphics. because last night in a process of fixing my laptop's power jack something went wrong and a power surge burnt my motherboard. so my intelhdgraphic adventure time is over. hope u guys have more success :D

Hi,

Ive been able to get Core Image and Custom Resolution to work with my Intel HD Graphics Card which is all thanks to all the hard work you guys have put into this... So, Thank you!

Im just having one problem with my graphics card atm. When I click on the Launchpad in ML my pc starts lagging and going slow until the Launchpad is closed, So I checked my graphics card info in System Information and below is what it reads...

Unknown:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0018

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

It seems as if the card isn't being properly detected at all including the graphics memory. I don't know the specs on the graphics cards memory or if this is the way it

is for is for all of us. If someone could please have a look and give me a hand. Thank you!

Hi,

Ive been able to get Core Image and Custom Resolution to work with my Intel HD Graphics Card which is all thanks to all the hard work you guys have put into this... So, Thank you!

Im just having one problem with my graphics card atm. When I click on the Launchpad in ML my pc starts lagging and going slow until the Launchpad is closed, So I checked my graphics card info in System Information and below is what it reads...

35]
Unknown:

35] Chipset Model: Unknown

35] Type: GPU

35] Bus: Built-In

35] VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

35] Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

35] Device ID: 0x0046

35] Revision ID: 0x0018

35] Displays:

65]
Display:

65] Resolution: 1366 x 768

65] Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

65] Main Display: Yes

65] Mirror: Off

65] Online: Yes

It seems as if the card isn't being properly detected at all including the graphics memory. I don't know the specs on the graphics cards memory or if this is the way it

is for is for all of us. If someone could please have a look and give me a hand. Thank you!

Launchpad will lag even if we have Core Image. This is because Quartz Extreme is not enabled. QE is used to smooth out the animations. Think of Core Image as the bread of the cake and Quartz Extreme as the icing on the cake. As of now there isn't a solution to enable it. However it's better than nothing.

As for your unrecognized graphics chip, you will probably need to inject that infromation to the DSDT. I don't really have time to write out how to do it but I will later on in the future and add it in this guide. Of course there are threads and tutorials around the Insanelymac community to get you started. :)

• Like 1

Hi,

35]
Unknown:

35] Chipset Model: Unknown

35] Type: GPU

35] Bus: Built-In

35] VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

35] Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

35] Device ID: 0x0046

35] Revision ID: 0x0018

35] Displays:

65]
Display:

65] Resolution: 1366 x 768

65] Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

65] Main Display: Yes

65] Mirror: Off

65] Online: Yes

Hi, I had the same problem and solved it by installing Natit.kext, now my graphics card is recognized correctly and even noticed a small improvement. I hope help.

Thanks for this guide!

Natit.kext.zip

• Like 2

thanks guys for good effect I need to fix about this mac not work and memory also say there was an error please help 10.8.2

Sony laptop

processor: i5 460M

Clockfrequency: 2.53GHZ

RAM: 4Gb

DDR3

Mem clockfreq.: 1333 Mhz

Actualy, i thought someone had already discovered this,hence i never posted about it, :(.

To go a step further if you add the hdframebuffer kext you will get a blackscreen or even grey depending on which AAPP-OS-INFO you use.I just used natit.kext to inject mine

Upon connecting via vnc you will realize that there is qe/ci, well to be more precise translucent menu bar.

But the problem is getting it to output to the internal LCD.

To be very clear,if you add the kext i have attached i'm 90% sure you will get a black/grey screen with backlight or even a kernel panic.

You will only be able to access you desktop via VNC, meaning you will have to enable screen sharing in advance,and know your ip adress.

in order for you to access you desktop via another machine with VNC client.

Side Note

If i boot from bios with an external display hooked up to vga it will result in an immediate restart after the frambuffer kext loads.

However if i plug in the external screen after the bootloader has loaded i get a fuzzy somewhat unusable screen.

I test screenserver its not work

I have an i5-430 cpu @2.66 w/hm57 chipset running only intel hd graphics it is a Dell 17R n7010 laptop. Currently i am running at 1440x900 graphics on ML 10.8.2

i was following the initial work of Rem and got it to work with the modules edit. What I just realized is that one of the reasons for this working was the fact that I had an external monitor connected to my laptop. If I remove it, it goes back to 1024x768. i will try the new kexts and see if this changes.

Hi Ghostraider can you upload your ioreg file. I need find right "AAPL,os-info" I don't know how to find "AAPL,os-info" for our card thankyou.

Hi Ghostraider can you upload your ioreg file. I need find right "AAPL,os-info" I don't know how to find "AAPL,os-info" for our card thankyou.

To find AAPL,os-info and other information you need to install and load the Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer. You will need to enable Screen Sharing and then use a VNC client on another computer as the display will become black. From there open IOReg and everything will be there in GFX0@2 or something similar to that.

post-620531-0-00064600-1360896726_thumb.png

*Values may be different on your hackintosh.

Only problem with the aapl-os-info loaded by frambuffer, is i beleive its the default one loaded,by the driver and not the one necessarily corresponding with our board layout.

Have you tried to modify it to see if there are any changes? I read somewhere in the forum, I believe it was CharredPC that said that adding the APPL, DualDisplay patch might make the display work. I haven't personally tried it but someone else has reported getting 4 screen effect. As we all know the screen turns black if FB is loaded. One of the interesting things is that the FB correctly identifies the internal LCD model.

thanks I will try VNC client also thanks 4 lots hard work.