• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts
I can only see them if I hook up a second monitor to the on-board DVI connector

You mean if you add secondary monitor on DVI you get desired screen on it or it will activate the  screen on apple display?

macnewbie

macnewbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
The bios/boot menu only appear if the dvi is connected, and it only appears on that display. The apple display is "dead" until the white screen with the apple logo or the "starting windows" shows up. I can load a video if it helps.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

No need for video, I understand the issue, problem is I don't know how it can be fixed, since I don't have such display, I canot replicate the bug, so only advice is for you to try DVI with adapter when in the need, sorry.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

The bios/boot menu only appear if the dvi is connected, and it only appears on that display. The apple display is "dead" until the white screen with the apple logo or the "starting windows" shows up. I can load a video if it helps.

I've experienced this before with some Apple Displays on other hacks .. from what I remember some Apple Displays don't have matching VESA modes to display BIOS screens (res. too low). I did not see any option in the QUO AOS BIOS to adapt and increase the boot screen res, so unless you find such option you most likely not be able to use the Apple Display for anything BIOS related.

Only other option I can think of that MIGHT work: purchase an active adapter. But no guarantee that'll really work.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

@BugsB he also said that bootloader menu does not show up, that shouldn't be at low resolution, so I am not sure it is the issue with low resolution, indeed the BIOS menu is at low resolution.

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Its possible that you have to set the CSM boot mode to legacy only in the BIOS. See if that works. If not try UEFI only. Legacy only has fixed it on most of the high rez monitors i have had issues with.

g\

macnewbie

macnewbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thank you genzai. I will give it a shot tonight and report back. 

akindy

akindy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

My current issue: Cannot get the GTX 760 to work in Windows. Integrated graphics (HD4000) works in Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.8.5. GTX 760 works in Mac OS X but Windows hangs at 'Starting Windows'. Init display is set to Auto, as is Integrated Graphics.

edit: I think I've learned a little more about the problem- the GTX 760 doesn't have UEFI GOP support. I tried setting PCI ROM control to legacy first but that more or less stopped the graphics card from working all together. Anyone know of a workaround, or could point me in the right direction?

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

My current issue: Cannot get the GTX 760 to work in Windows. Integrated graphics (HD4000) works in Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.8.5. GTX 760 works in Mac OS X but Windows hangs at 'Starting Windows'. Init display is set to Auto, as is Integrated Graphics.

edit: I think I've learned a little more about the problem- the GTX 760 doesn't have UEFI GOP support. I tried setting PCI ROM control to legacy first but that more or less stopped the graphics card from working all together. Anyone know of a workaround, or could point me in the right direction?

akindy,

I have not tested with Windows 7; however, I had no issues with an UEFI install of Windows 8 and the GTX760 listed in my signature. Im currently connected via a DVI-D Dual Link.

Is you do a UEFI install of Windows 7?

macnewbie

macnewbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Its possible that you have to set the CSM boot mode to legacy only in the BIOS. See if that works. If not try UEFI only. Legacy only has fixed it on most of the high rez monitors i have had issues with.

g\

That did the trick. Thanks so much!

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

That did the trick. Thanks so much!

What did the trick?

Legacy or UEFI Only?

Is important to know, b/c I also suspect a bug on Intel GOP driver, even is latest version...

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

CSM = Compatibility Support Module, the combination of EfiCompatibility, CompatibilitySmm, and Compatibility16. The portion of the Framework that allows compatibility with non-EFI compliant operating systems to run on Framework firmware. Basically it is the legacy non-UEFI BIOS mode.

Microsoft Windows 8® - Enabling Secure Boot

macnewbie

macnewbie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

What did the trick?

Legacy or UEFI Only?

Is important to know, b/c I also suspect a bug on Intel GOP driver, even is latest version...

Setting it to legacy only did the trick.

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Has anyone been running mavericks with this yet?

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

Has anyone been running mavericks with this yet?

Since first DP till GM, all works as should, so no worry 2 click on app will work...

sTaN

sTaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Would be great, if the update to mavericks will work without any problems. But I think it is neccessary to update direct from app store and patch the audio again, but are there any new legacy files?

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 130 posts

Would be great, if the update to mavericks will work without any problems. But I think it is neccessary to update direct from app store and patch the audio again, but are there any new legacy files?

PKG from post #635 does cover audio for 10.9.

sTaN

sTaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The package also contains the 10.8 patch isn't it? I thought this is only another way to patch the audio in a simpler way.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,286 posts

the patch is the best way and patches or kexts from 10.8 have not changed

Figedi

Figedi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just installed vanilla 10.9, had a kernel panic with dedicated gfx, but with igfx install process worked like a charm :) (im on H3A.816M)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy