OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Sorry @ King i didn't realize that, I'll change the size back to 32MB.  A lot has been said in this thread so it's hard to follow at times.

Also, can I start a wiki? Or can we throw a wiki up on an existing OS x 86 site for this board?  That way we can have everything in one place?

(What is useful from darwin dump?)

This looks very cool.  I like the FireWire and Thunderbolt both in one board.  Agree with the comment re: Target Disk mode.  

If this is a reliable, easy to setup OSX rig, I could see it tipping the scales in those situations when buying Apple hardware usually makes more sense (e.g. MacMini for a non computer-savvy family member, etc.)  

Like the idea of not skimping on components and having a little more control over the supply chain.  

Best of luck to the devs!

Agree with wiki is needed..

The golden rule with BIOS is : DO NOT TOUCH* and be happy :)

*unless is a must

Cool just re-flashed the BIOS but now what is interesting is I can't use my GeForce 560 AND my integrated graphics.  I tried about every combination of "Enabled/Auto/Disabled" for integrated, as well as init display.  Eventually just disabled the integrated to go with the GeForce 560 (but would like both if possible that way I can plug in 3 monitors).  What's strange is this used to work, I believe revision 816M.

FYI started a wiki page here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS

Feel free to update and let me know if I've put any wrong information. 

Actually just had a Kernel Panic after using my GeForce 560 Ti, should I be changing any settings? Or purchasing a different card?    Full KP: http://pastebin.com/WyTSbZMj

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.GeForce(8.1.6)[7C67749B-3B6B-38A9-8203-01A139C21895]@0xffffff7f8216a000->0xffffff7f82237fff
            dependency: com.apple.NVDAResman(8.1.6)[EA4F9902-5AAE-3F1D-A846-3796221C8C91]@0xffffff7f81b7c000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.3.7)[F16E015E-1ABE-3C40-AC71-BC54F4BE442E]@0xffffff7f80e0d000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.8)[6C1D646D-7E5E-3D7F-A557-2CBA398FF878]@0xffffff7f80851000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.3.7)[9928306E-3508-3DBC-80A4-D8F1D87650D7]@0xffffff7f80dca000

Should I give the official NVIDIA drivers a try? http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f02-driver.html

Should I give the official NVIDIA drivers a try? http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f02-driver.html

There is no official nVidia driver for Mavericks!

Your graphic card used to work b/c it had support, now is clear that it does not have or is poor.

I always advice people to not hurry and upgrade to latest OS.

OS X from my experience is not stable until it reach at least x.x.2 version..

If I would be an nVidia user I wont upgrade to Mavericks until nVidia will release official drivers, if you read adobe/nvidia forums you will see why...

There is no official nVidia driver for Mavericks!

Your graphic card used to work b/c it had support, now is clear that it does not have or is poor.

I always advice people to not hurry and upgrade to latest OS.

OS X from my experience is not stable until it reach at least x.x.2 version..

If I would be an nVidia user I wont upgrade to Mavericks until nVidia will release official drivers, if you read adobe/nvidia forums you will see why...

I'm on 10.8.5 with my GeForce 560, my apologies.  I have 2 of the motherboards, my GeForce 670 Mavericks system works great.

I'm on 10.8.5 with my GeForce 560, my apologies.  I have 2 of the motherboards, my GeForce 670 Mavericks system works great.

Yeah I didn't looked at full panic report, was based on your sig, didn't know you have board(s) collection there...

Then try nVidia drivers, what are you waiting for?

Yeah I didn't looked at full panic report, was based on your sig, didn't know you have board(s) collection there...

Then try nVidia drivers, what are you waiting for?

I am now, but the drivers don't support GeForce 560. At least OS X isn't an option when you go to download drivers for the 560.  Everything seems ok so far when I selected the NVIDIA drivers.

Still quite strange I can't use PCI-x and integrated graphics, I used to use both, I might roll back the BIOS revision and see how that goes.

Can one expect when maverick nvidia drivers are released that also hdmi audio would work. Anybody know? And no I dont want do any dsdt stuff Ill use my recording souncards instead if thats not the case. Well probably its hard to say I guess but if somebody knows feel free to reply.

Running the GeForce drivers now on System 2 (see sig), machine just locks up then restarts after about 10 minutes.  Latest exception: http://pastebin.com/TyvmjPEX

Of interest:

com.apple.GeForceWeb(8.1.7)[CFBAE3CF-66C0-3A13-9108-CA4730963FEF]@0xffffff7f814f2000->0xffffff7f815bdfff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.8)[6C1D646D-7E5E-3D7F-A557-2CBA398FF878]@0xffffff7f80851000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.3.7)[F16E015E-1ABE-3C40-AC71-BC54F4BE442E]@0xffffff7f808d7000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.3.7)[9928306E-3508-3DBC-80A4-D8F1D87650D7]@0xffffff7f80894000
            dependency: com.apple.NVDAResmanWeb(8.1.7)[AA2A90E4-C4DB-3F5F-9C9A-070BDD3775BB]@0xffffff7f808eb000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: slide=0 nvda_drv=1

Any ideas? Latest darwin dump: http://geesu.net/d/DarwinDump.htm

Wondering if I should just buy a 670 or if the 560 will ever work.

Running the GeForce drivers now on System 2 (see sig), machine just locks up then restarts after about 10 minutes.  Latest exception: http://pastebin.com/TyvmjPEX

Of interest:

com.apple.GeForceWeb(8.1.7)[CFBAE3CF-66C0-3A13-9108-CA4730963FEF]@0xffffff7f814f2000->0xffffff7f815bdfff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.3.7)[F16E015E-1ABE-3C40-AC71-BC54F4BE442E]@0xffffff7f808d7000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.3.7)[9928306E-3508-3DBC-80A4-D8F1D87650D7]@0xffffff7f80894000
            dependency: com.apple.NVDAResmanWeb(8.1.7)[AA2A90E4-C4DB-3F5F-9C9A-070BDD3775BB]@0xffffff7f808eb000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: slide=0 nvda_drv=1

Any ideas? Latest darwin dump: http://geesu.net/d/DarwinDump.htm

Wondering if I should just buy a 670 or if the 560 will ever work.

Try a completely virgin install.

HDAEnabler with this board?

You cannot be serious...

As I said the htm is useless for me b/c it does not print the bdmesg, I know I can get it from ioreg but I don't plan to lose time doing it every time...

As for the 560 Ti, I have no idea, from my pov it should work, maybe is better to not use injector and let the web drivers do the thing if they do on this model, dunno, is something it needs to be tested.

• Like 1

HDAEnabler with this board?

You cannot be serious...

As I said the htm is useless for me b/c it does not print the bdmesg, I know I can get it from ioreg but I don't plan to lose time doing it every time...

As for the 560 Ti, I have no idea, from my pov it should work, maybe is better to not use injector and let the web drivers do the thing if they do on this model, dunno, is something it needs to be tested.

How is your liver holding up dealing with things like this on here. 

How is your liver holding up dealing with things like this on here. 

Is fine, I am not upset on Geesu, he want to learn...

On others is another story, there my liver can't do much is insensitive, but my brain is close to explode...

• Like 1

Yea my apologies on that one, I had used the tony x installer before I found the legacy quo package, which I have now (and it's on the wiki).  I need to do a vanilla install at some point but it's my work machine.  Maybe i'll just bring System 1 into work and take System 2 home ;)

Got another card coming to my mailbox soon. I wrote them back and said I love them ( I really do) and actually got a reply from the owner himself, nice I like that. With support from us guys on places like this who knows maby we´ll see a next generation mobos like this. But it´s just my private wishfull thinking so I´m just saying but I sure hope that´s gonna happen.

So any news about nvidia drivers for Mavericks and the possibility sound would work so to speak out of box for the gtx 6xx - 7xx cards?

Hello,

like a lot of users here, I was expecting that the QUO-board will work completely OOB with the stock bios, but I got OSX to run with the Ozmosis H3A 828M bios.

The only problem is that I need to do several resets (kernel panics) until OSX loads, but then it seems to run stable.

I haven't installed the kexts for the internal audio chip, as I am using a Firewire audio-interface, I think that should not be the problem?

The internal graphics run fine, although no chance to get my EVGA Geforce GT 640 2GB card running, but that's not so important for me... All I want is getting rid of that kernel panics...

Here is a dump as well as a photo of the kernel panic message. I hope that anyone can help me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15917045/DarwinDumper.zip

Greetings,
Roland

@all from a legal position there was no way it could have shipped with firmware containing code to circumvent protection.

a lot of products receive launch day updates, due to the tight schedules involved with manufacturing and shipping times.

@6rollo6, some panic logs will help... did u try without the FW audio ?

• Like 2