meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2018 at 1:05 PM, IronManJFF said:

For iMac13 SysDef

<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>02/03/2018</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.0114.B00.1802030048</string>

Hi IronMan, I changed these strings in my Defaults.plist and then attempted the update, but no luck, Im still running 10.13.3...

What could have I done wrong?

10 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

Did you reload the BIOS using Command+ Option + P + R at the shell to force it to read the new Defaults.plist from the EFI partition?

.... I did not (I always forget to do this...)

But then, when I tried, machine didn't seem to pick up my wired keyboard on any of the USB ports (I tried with 2 different keyboards), can anyone help with this?

EDIT: I can’t even get into the bios for some reason...

Edited by Casm101

.... I did not (I always forget to do this...)
But then, when I tried, machine didn't seem to pick up my wired keyboard on any of the USB ports (I tried with 2 different keyboards), can anyone help with this?
EDIT: I can’t even get into the bios for some reason...

Try resetting CMOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

Try resetting CMOS

Ok, I reset the CMOS, and was able to use the USB keyboard to enter BIOS (where I as able to do some quick overclocking :drool:), but then when I tried to do "Command+ Option + P + R" it just wouldn't work...

7 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Is it booting   and not picking keyboard or not booting and no keyboard ?

It was booting fine, just not picking up the keyboard.

I'm not too worried about updating to the latest version, but it would be nice to keep everything up to date...^_^

Ok, here we go again...

I decided to give my machine a good cleaning (goodbye retched dust particles! :lol:), and took everything apart then put it back together.

After that, I was somehow able to reload the BIOS, and set the correct hard drive to boot, but now I get the "oh so fantastic Prohibited Sign". So now I no longer have the privilege of a booting computer... :cry:

So aaaany help will be appreciated, and the sooner the better, as I didn't think of saving the most recent and important files to my cloud.. .:wallbash:

Spoiler

Made you click... :hysterical: Hehe

Edited by Casm101

Ooo you posted before me 

If you get the prohibited sign it means that Defaults.plist is not getting loaded ... make sure you replugged your drive in the same order they were previously

Edited by IronManJFF
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Ooo you posted before me 

If you get the prohibited sign it means that Defaults.plist is not getting loaded ... make sure you replugged your drive in the same order they were previously

They definitely are in the same config. I even have them numbered in each bay and each SATA Cable.

EDIT: also, how do I map a smaller amount of drives, as they all fly by and I cant see which drive is which without testing each one and writing it down for later use...

Edited by Casm101

3 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Enter UEFI shell ....

FS0: 

Check if that is the drive containing your Defaults.plist file

The Defaults.plist on FS4: and that is where it was before... Pretty sure...

2 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

You know what comes next :P

Ok, So this is what I did...

I ran the system as to create the necessary Oz files, which it did... -_-

I then copied over the Defaults.plist file into place, and reset the BIOS to detect the new file... :|

I then trouble shot for a bit, then realised that I had somehow managed to disable NvideaInjection... <_<

Created the "boot link" bcfg boot addp... (you guys know what I mean)... -_-

And it booted!!! :D

So then I decided to f**k it all up by atempting to update it :no:

Aaaaaaaand now, it will start booting, but it stops at:

HID: Legacy shim 2 :bye:

Sooo yeah, not great, but I know you guys are the best and you can definitely help me...

2 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Were you using my SSDT to overclock it ?... that will not work with HS.

check in EFI/Oz/ACPI/Load ...

Nope, now that you've said about the use of an SSDT to overclock, I'm feeling very noob-like...

My machine is overclocked via the BIOS only... (Is that not done properly?? Is it actually changing anything as I CAN see the hardware specs change once I boot into the system [when it's working] )

Why not try to make the macOS in the 0 SATA port, then you'll have FS0:\Efi\Oz\Defaulkts.plist

But if like you said Defaults.plist is in fs4: that means is in the second bootable hard drive, and this make some problems while booting, from what I've understand IMHO, I always separate Bootable drive from within the Bios, that means if windows then i hide the macOS drives, so the DATA drives for windows are always it slaves, and when macOS I hide windows drive with it's data drives, so OS X data drives are always it slaves.

Conclusion, macOS is always first bootable and the same thing for windows always first bootable, this is because i had same problem.

If your board is died so it is, but your board is looking good from what you said, just redo a big check, and excuse me you have to know that you're killing hardware with Overclock, just like smocking cigarette, i never overclock hardware just to stay comfortable with no suddenly or Ooooooops something got bad, this is only my opinion with my humble excuse! 

I forgot to say that if it’s stopping at Legacy Shim 2, then something happened with CPU, looks like SSDT or something else, because in the verbose line, Legacy Shim 2 is followed by CPU statement power management and etc.... then igpu

Nope, now that you've said about the use of an SSDT to overclock, I'm feeling very noob-like...
My machine is overclocked via the BIOS only... (Is that not done properly?? Is it actually changing anything as I CAN see the hardware specs change once I boot into the system [when it's working] )

Status update ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2018 at 12:23 AM, ammoune78 said:

Why not try to make the macOS in the 0 SATA port, then you'll have FS0:\Efi\Oz\Defaulkts.plist

Now that I have some time this weekend, I am going to do this... :rolleyes:

Conclusion, macOS is always first bootable and the same thing for windows always first bootable, this is because i had same problem.

I did remember it being a pain the last time I set it up last time.

If your board is died so it is, but your board is looking good from what you said, just redo a big check, and excuse me you have to know that you're killing hardware with Overclock, just like smocking cigarette, i never overclock hardware just to stay comfortable with no suddenly or Ooooooops something got bad, this is only my opinion with my humble excuse! 

I do know the dangers of overclocking, but the fact that I have the 3770K, it helps slightly, and of course, if you run your computer cool enough there should never be any danger in the first place.

I have 4 medium/good quality fans in my machine apart from the CPU fan, so Even at full synthetic load and stress tests, my CPU Temp. never goes over 82ºC and at Idle it tends to round about 45-50ºC.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:00 AM, ammoune78 said:

I forgot to say that if it’s stopping at Legacy Shim 2, then something happened with CPU, looks like SSDT or something else, because in the verbose line, Legacy Shim 2 is followed by CPU statement power management and etc.... then igpu

So any advice on what I can do to fix it??  :help:

On 4/12/2018 at 2:41 AM, IronManJFF said:

Status update ?

I've tried replacing the defaults file, but no good.... :no:

So, I think I will try and reinstall the OS onto the SSD without formatting it first (in previous experiences, I've done this and the user account stays intact :yes: so it may be worth a try), if not, the I shall format boot drive, and reinstall after, as all my files are on my RAID drives, I'm not to worried about just losing my Applications.

So any advice on what I can do to fix it??  default_help.gif

If you look at the DSDT of your board on the bottom you’ll find Scope (_PR) which it means that it have power management, but for non-overclocked CPU and i don’t know if this is the trick, but probably!

48 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

If you look at the DSDT of your board on the bottom you’ll find Scope (_PR) which it means that it have power management, but for non-overclocked CPU and i don’t know if this is the trick, but probably!

I personally, have never done anything concerning DSDT's, so I really have no idea where I should be looking... :surprised:

Soooo, yeah... I mean, last time I installed the system, all I did was, update the QUO BIOS the @IronManJFF provided because it has the APFS files, then add the Defaults.plist that I created from the template provided in someone else post, and installed High Sierra from a "Vanilla" boot USB create straight from the Mac App Store Download..... :(

So yeaaaah, I still consider myself a bit of a Noob when it comes to Hackintosh... (and what makes it worse is that this isn't my only machine...  :angel_not:

Ironmanff put together an SSDT some time ago that helped overclocking, but Sierra forced us to stop using it, however, my QUO has run quite happily overclocked up to 4.2GHz without it and HWMonitor shows that the powermanagement is working fine, although it doesn't clock down quite as low (1.6 instead of 1.2) as it did with the SSDT. No changes to the DSDT needed. I'm also using the BIOS that Ironmanff put together, although I've now updated the APFS.ffs module and of course the Defaults.plist to keep up with the BIOS version and release dates. HS running fine using APFS.