OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Your BootLog confirms it is not finding your Defaults.plist ...

Please connect Macintosh HDD to port 0, it is currently connected to port 1. If there is a drive connected to port 0 atm that is where it will look for the Defaults.plist file

12:192 00:000 Found Storage PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,F741161C-B450-45DB-B303-15DCAC20DCA9,0x28,0x64000)
12:199 00:007 Found Defaults 99F2839C-57C3-411E-ABC3-ADE5267D960D <- It should read Found \EFI\OZ\Defaults.plist
Also make sure your Defaults.plist is named exactly "Defaults.plist" in \EFI\OZ folder on the EFI partition 

Should be good now one drive whenever I plugged it in would always show at the 0x0 slot even though it wasn't plugged in to that spot. Still showing as a 3,1.

OK, i see now that it finds the file.

Clear NVRAM and it should kick in

Spectacular got it, can I change the boot order to the hard drive now instead of having to type exit at the shell screen?

If you fail to boot to macOSX to set the boot order of the UEFI, try with any live linux cd (i'd recommend Ubuntu) 

$ sudo efibootmgr

this will list the current boot order 

$ sudo efibootmgr -o 0,1,2,3,4

set it to the liking of yours according to the list that will appear in the first command, if osx is number 4 then you'll go

$ sudo efibootmgr -o 4,0,1,2,3

Spectacular got it, can I change the boot order to the hard drive now instead of having to type exit at the shell screen?

Just go on system preferences and startup disk later select which system you have to first boot.

Very easy...

Hello all, trying to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra to be able to upgrade my graphic card to a GTX1080. Here is what I did so far:

1) Updated my bios to Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS-SIERRA.ROM

2) Restarted and checked that El Capitan still works ok with new BIOS and the older graphic card (seems to be the case for a few hours now)

3) Tried to do the regular Upgrade to Sierra from the App store but it gives me the message 'This version of macOS 10.12.4 cannot be installed on this computer.' I checked my 'About this mac' specs and it sees my computer as a Mac Pro (Early 2008). So obviously it doesn't think it's compatible...

4) Did a few hours of research in this forum and on google. It seemed like the solution would be to change the Defaults.plist to make the computer think it's compatible with Sierra. (following this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/)

5) Created a custom Defaults.plist with Clover Configuration to fake being a Mac Pro latest generation that I copied to my Efi/Oz/ folder. But I was surprised to see that there wasn't any .plist file in this folder already. (see attached custom Defaults.plist I created)

6) Tried a reboot of the computer but nothing changed, it still sees it as an Early 2008 Mac Pro ;(

7) Asking for help on this forum. Thanks to anyone who has a second to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm suspect that the BIOS we're using doesn't need a Defaults.plist file and that it doesn't even look for one in the Efi/Oz folder.

Thanks again for any help.

Defaults.plist.zip

Hello all, trying to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra to be able to upgrade my graphic card to a GTX1080. Here is what I did so far:

2) Restarted and checked that El Capitan still works ok with new BIOS and the older graphic card (seems to be the case for a few hours now)

3) Tried to do the regular Upgrade to Sierra from the App store but it gives me the message 'This version of macOS 10.12.4 cannot be installed on this computer.' I checked my 'About this mac' specs and it sees my computer as a Mac Pro (Early 2008). So obviously it doesn't think it's compatible...

4) Did a few hours of research in this forum and on google. It seemed like the solution would be to change the Defaults.plist to make the computer think it's compatible with Sierra. (following this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/)

5) Created a custom Defaults.plist with Clover Configuration to fake being a Mac Pro latest generation that I copied to my Efi/Oz/ folder. But I was surprised to see that there wasn't any .plist file in this folder already. (see attached custom Defaults.plist I created)

6) Tried a reboot of the computer but nothing changed, it still sees it as an Early 2008 Mac Pro ;(

7) Asking for help on this forum. Thanks to anyone who has a second to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm suspect that the BIOS we're using doesn't need a Defaults.plist file and that it doesn't even look for one in the Efi/Oz folder.

Your close, just do a NVRAM reset and the plist file will load up. 

Using Clover plist format for Oz is a big no no. :blush:

Also you need a bit more than SMBIOS section to get 10.12.4 to boot.

TonyMacRobber is not supported here also :thumbsup_anim:

So what will I need to get 10.12.4 to boot? I thought using the X-MASS bios was sufficient and the only challenge was to get the upgrade to be installed.

Which plist format should I be using so that my system is seen as a recent macpro? Thanks.

Please create a signature for your build. It helps us help you.

What is your current graphics card (before upgrade) ?

It's a GTX690.

Just updated my signature with details of my build.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello!

Wanted to say THANK YOU for this, currently running a fresh Sierra install. I have been going through the forum and reading a lot about the Nvidia issue that has plagued several of us. Before I go destroying my system due to my lack of knowledge (I have learned so much by doing this), I wanted to ask what would be the best method/route to get my GTX 970 running in Sierra. Clover? I just wanted to confirm as I recently just came off 10.11.6 and would like to be pointed in the right direction and guided to learn. 

Your help and knowledge is greatly appreciated!

It's a GTX690.

Just updated my signature with details of my build.

Thanks

Do you want on-board audio or HDMI/DP audio ?

Hello!

Wanted to say THANK YOU for this, currently running a fresh Sierra install. I have been going through the forum and reading a lot about the Nvidia issue that has plagued several of us. Before I go destroying my system due to my lack of knowledge (I have learned so much by doing this), I wanted to ask what would be the best method/route to get my GTX 970 running in Sierra. Clover? I just wanted to confirm as I recently just came off 10.11.6 and would like to be pointed in the right direction and guided to learn. 

You do not need Clover. GTX 970 runs pretty well here ...

What Nvidia issue ?

Hello!

Just add nvda_drv=1 in Deafaults and reset NVRAM.

Do these motherboards work with the AMD RX 570 graphics card? Just can't get my new card(Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4GB) to display video(HDMI - monitor says no signal, fine with internal graphics). I'm using the Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini ROM - and I'm selecting the Windows 8 option in the BIOS because I want to use the card under Windows.

Do these motherboards work with the AMD RX 570 graphics card? Just can't get my new card(Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4GB) to display video(HDMI - monitor says no signal, fine with internal graphics). I'm using the Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini ROM - and I'm selecting the Windows 8 option in the BIOS because I want to use the card under Windows.

Signature plz ....be specific

Your want to use the new card only under Windows ?

BIOS option .... You mean OS Type BIOS Option ?

rx cards do work but you must bin patch the x4100 kext and put it in the macos folder and edit the info.plist in ether fakesmc or applealc kext. my rx480 worked via this method same for pavo

So I tried to use the Defaults.plist that STLVNUB created for my build and I did a NVRAM reset has suggested. But it doesn't seem to do the trick. My specs are still saying that it's a macpro late 2008...

Any suggestions as to how I could change my specs to be able to do the Sierra upgrade? Or if there is another way to install my GTX1080 staying with El Capitan I'll take that too, I like that build it's very stable and everything works ;)

Thanks!