OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if this company is still in business?  I sent them an email earlier in the week only to finally get an undelivered bounce last night (Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table).  This was to sales at quocomputer [dot] com.  I wanted to purchase one of these motherboards, but I was asking to get a user manual and specs on the board.  I am now concerned if this company is still in business which would be a bummer.  If anyone has any information that would be great! 

Last

I only get a fast busy signal when I call either of the numbers. I guess this board was great while it lasted, but the company seems to be defunct. Was considering building a more powerful Mac Mini server, but I wanted to keep the easy upgradability by using a motherboard like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kynyo,  updated my sig - already on latest BIOS. Thanks for pointing it out.

However, with csr-active-config=103 in the Defaults plist it still goes into a reboot loop. I booted into recovery and csrutil status said it was already disabled. I imagine the update has to disable sip to work and would  turn it back on afterwards, so it looks like the defaults plist is doing its stuff.

I'll wait to see if anyone else has problems.

My normal approach has been to make a CCC backup and then install the update. If the update fails, I restore from the backup. However, that produces issues, with VoodooHDA not loading, and other stuff needing to be set up again. So now, I'll get another disk, clone to the disk and update the clone, then if it goes pearshaped I can just revert to the original disk and still have an intact backup if needed.

Thanks for all the help and support, everyone. I'll be back...

follow me use and format USB in FAT32 and copy this EFI folder on USB. After resetart PC and reset NVRAM. This work perfectly. Tested on several PC and work.

and then what ? Not sure I am following you ...

BTW, You have stuff in the ACPI/Load  folder which is probbly not intended for the QUO board. 

ok so you are providing a ready-made Defaults.plist with SIP disabled...

Ok SIP must be disabled while upgrading and rebuilding the kext cache after the upgrade..

Does it need to stay disabled afterwards or can it be re-enabled ?

OK. I bit the bullet and cloned the disk and did the update on the clone after disconnecting my main disk. Restart brought the reboot loop as before, although I'm happy that my Defaults.plist is set up correctly. So I restarted while pressing Cmd+OPt+P+R. I got the Oz expanding msgs, then the screen changed colours a few times and then it booted ...... to the EFI shell. Why? Because the HD had disappeared. It's in the map but not in the bcfg boot dump. If I plug in another disk known to boot OK, that doesn't appear either. Is there some way to get the BIOS to rebuild the boot list? I did load defaults in the BIOS.

I had this situation before and by plugging and unplugging disks (with power off) it came back eventually, but I've no idea how or why.

Any suggestions?