HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2093 replies to this topic

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

Yap. This is another problem. Perhaps.
I've installed this card and ATY_Init.kext.
And it stuck at boot but with GraphicsEnabler=No.
Should I edit some file or just find more suitable kext?

Remove ATY_Init. Navigate to System/Library/Extensions and look for ATI2400Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and add your device id under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> inside the Info.plist file. Your device and vendor id looks like this, 0x94c31002

marl

marl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:*Nix, Java & Hack!

Remove ATY_Init. Navigate to System/Library/Extensions and look for ATI2400Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and add your device id under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> inside the Info.plist file. Your device and vendor id looks like this, 0x94c31002

Done, and get some message I don't know.
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Spoiler

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts

That is correct did it not boot? Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

marl

marl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

That is correct did it not boot? Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It boot, but stuck at those messages.
Yes, I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
Should I wait for 20~30 minutes? :blink:

...and.. What I kept in mind is as long as caps lock's led still blinking while hitting caps lock button for several time. It mean still processing / waiting. (Not frozen).

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts

Try GraphicsEnabler=No if it still gets stuck try PCIRootUID=0 or =1 

If you press enter on the screen and the lines move then it is doing something if not then its frozen ;)

marl

marl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Try GraphicsEnabler=No if it still gets stuck try PCIRootUID=0 or =1 

If you press enter on the screen and the lines move then it is doing something if not then its frozen ;)

Still stuck with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

login screen showed with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0, but, something like this:

Spoiler

and that's the only ATI* kext I've installed.

and same state happened if I use GraphicsEnabler=No.

HenryH

HenryH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Guys, I may have to get a new graphics card - so I guess its better to get an Radeon then for running Mac on and Mountain AMD system?  There's a topic in the working builds section where one guy has a 7950 card working ok here and another separate topic about it here - seems to be ok.

I presume there's no point in getting a new nVidia one  at the moment due to my experiences as posted earlier in this topic. Or is there some other card I should check out? $300-$400 is ok I guess.

Also would be nice if it worked on Snow Leopard AMD also just in case. My nVidia GTX460 works but there are glitches and crashing sometimes, even with a moving wallpaper enabled.

Sorry that some of this is off topic, but some parts are on topic also, I'm sure I'm not the only one that will benefit from replies here.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,918 posts

Henry, even ATI cards will be buggy - but at least some of them will work. If you want to play games, go for a 5450 Silent. If you want a more general purpose usage and don't care about games, go for a 4xxx series card. But my best advice would be staying with Lion 10.7.5 and buying a really good 5xxx (such as the 5870) or 6xxx series ATI card.

This is really off-topic, so i'm moving these posts to the help topic.

All the best!

HenryH

HenryH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thanks for all that - the HD 6870 seems like a good option then with Lion 10.7.5 - its also out of stock everywhere I've looked and back-ordered, which is a good sign.

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Aviation, FSX, Electronics, Music, Travel, Railways, Guitar, Drums

Posted elsewhere but suggested I post here also, I am trying to get any form of Mac OS X to install on my Hardware:

ASUS M4N98TD Evo - Nvidia 980A (MCP72) Chipset Nvidia NF200 SLI chip

2x4GB 1600Mhz RAM

AMD 1090T processor six core (runs at 3.9Ghz all cores in Windows)

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX470 SOC graphics

XFX 850W silver PSU

Self build machine.

I have tried to get Mountain lion going, tried various boot flags, it starts up but gets stuck at mount image, root device and then some hex code, it gets stuck here every time, also it says that couldn't get USB chip to halt within 100ms and also says something about HFS freeblocks being 0.

I have installed Macdrive and have formatted a separate HDD (500GB) with GUID and HFS+

Sounds like the install cannot see the drive though??

Not very experienced with the world of macs, very limited experience as end user at college, Imacs and mini macs, I am only interested in running Apple Logic really, used this at college and its really the only music software that I have ever got on with, anything else I am content enough in Windows, but haven't liked any Windows based music production stuff.

Could someone please explain how to install custom kexts and the like, how to customise an install, somebody has mentioned an Nforce ATA kext, Have to say I wont use the Nforce drivers for SATA in windows, they play havoc with everything. MSAHCI is enabled though so no worries with non boot Windows.

AHCI and S3 enabled in BIOS, reset to defaults when trying install, even tried with just 4GB ram. Turned off C1E, cool and quiet and secure virtual machine mode.

Tried lots of boot flags also, arch=i386 -force64 cpus=1 busratio=16 npci=0x2000/0x3000 PCIRootUID=1/0 USBBusFix=Yes idlehalt=0 EHCIacquire=Yes UHCIreset=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes???

A couple of others too!

Thanks in advance.

marl

marl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

@NOMAD8459

I guess you are familiar with *Nix environment.
AHCI driver for windows has nothing to do with AHCI driver (kext) in OSX.
If your installer can't find your HDD, it means you really should install that kext.
To install that kext into your installer media, you just copy it into /S/L/E
and fix permission. (just take a look at another file at /S/L/E and make it same with chmod and chown).
since you are using AMD Processor, you can't use mach_kernel, the only AMD kernel that I can suggest is amd_kernel by Andy Vandjick.
just put it in root of your installer media and make file permission same as mach_kernel.
and don't forget to add amd_kernel arch=x86_64 as boot flags.

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Aviation, FSX, Electronics, Music, Travel, Railways, Guitar, Drums

Hi, not sure what nix environment is am sorry, could you be more detailed, sorry to be a pain but my experience with Macs is severely limited to end user at college, I have no idea on the operating environment side of things?

Should I be trying to get SL or ML working? Have read that SL is required as a first requirement?

chmod and chown are beyond me also am afraid, I have no access to a mac currently, need things I can do in windows??

I have seen people use virtual box to run SL but I want a full dual boot if possible to ensure some stability.

Is my goal of running Logic successfully way off??

ZaDoR

ZaDoR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

AMD A-8  3870  

Asus F1 A55 M LK R2.0

After  it starting  load first kexts its reboots  :S

any idea?

adrjac

adrjac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey guys!  :)

I recently just bought my parts for building an AMD Hackintosh System..

specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8120 at 3.1Ghz 

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 (Default Settings)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

AUDIO: Realtek ALC887 Built-In

LAN: Realtek RTL8111E Built In

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA III 500GB

GPU: HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Well I've been trying to get 10.8.2 to work on my system for a long time, got tired of reading all of the things in the forum for clues to get into the installation menu.  :whistle:

I do have have experience with Intel hackintosh machines. In fact, I am using one right now (working 100% stable) to help me manage this usb installer.

Is there anyone who has a working system similar to my specs? If so HELP ME PLEASE!  :P

- a step by step guide would really help!

At the moment, I will try Bitcore's mini tutorial to see if i can get into the install menu with iATKOS ML2...

(http://www.insanelym...rnel-irc/page-8 #147)

- used myhack usb installer method but it still causes instant reboots and kernel panics with some kernels

- attempted to use clover bootloader, but it does an instant reboot with anv's latest kernel

In the mean time, i'll be right back to test out this method of bitcore's.

^_^

-UPDATE-

iAtkos ML2 boots up with the boot flags "amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

- First issue encountered: My HDD isn't showing up on the installer

--------

- works now!

got into the OS by using mach_sse42_only and clover boot loader 

now i'm into the part of testing other kernels because this one has graphical glitches on my 6870

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I managed to get 10.6.8 going on my machine but screwed the install up messing about with graphics, next step, try to get back to 10.6.8, then try 10.7.2 from there.

Konner

Konner

Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Hey guys!  :)

I recently just bought my parts for building an AMD Hackintosh System..

specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8120 at 3.1Ghz 

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 (Default Settings)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

AUDIO: Realtek ALC887 Built-In

LAN: Realtek RTL8111E Built In

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA III 500GB

GPU: HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Well I've been trying to get 10.8.2 to work on my system for a long time, got tired of reading all of the things in the forum for clues to get into the installation menu.  :whistle:

I do have have experience with Intel hackintosh machines. In fact, I am using one right now (working 100% stable) to help me manage this usb installer.

Is there anyone who has a working system similar to my specs? If so HELP ME PLEASE!  :P

- a step by step guide would really help!

At the moment, I will try Bitcore's mini tutorial to see if i can get into the install menu with iATKOS ML2...

(http://www.insanelym...rnel-irc/page-8 #147)

- used myhack usb installer method but it still causes instant reboots and kernel panics with some kernels

- attempted to use clover bootloader, but it does an instant reboot with anv's latest kernel

In the mean time, i'll be right back to test out this method of bitcore's.

^_^

-UPDATE-

iAtkos ML2 boots up with the boot flags "amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f"

- First issue encountered: My HDD isn't showing up on the installer

--------

- works now!

got into the OS by using mach_sse42_only and clover boot loader 

now i'm into the part of testing other kernels because this one has graphical glitches on my 6870

All the kernels will have artifacting. None of them have a fix for it yet. Apparently the 4xxx cards have minimal artifacting. But 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx all have artifacts severely. You can still use the OS, but if the artifacts are irritating, just back up the ATI6000Controller.kext and remove it, reboot and make sure your video settings are set to the max resolution you can use. But no OpenGL apps/games will work. Even with QE/CI working, if you run Cinebench the OpenGL test will pretty much completely fail.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,918 posts

Apparently the 4xxx cards have minimal artifacting. But 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx all have artifacts severely.

The 5450 silent model, device Id 0x68f91002, will have minimal artifacts, just like the 4xxx series cards, but will have OpenGL fully working, meaning all games and rendering software will do fine. It's the most well-rounded option for Mountain Lion on AMD systems at the moment, and it's rather cheap, meaning it's worthy to be bought as a temporary solution until a fix for the higher end cards comes up.

All the best!

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello--

I have tried several times to get 10.8 to work on my machine My specs are:

Asus sabertooth R2.0

AMD FX-8350 4.0 ghz

8gb Ram

GTX 295 nVidia dual GPU card

I am using the amd_kernel instead of the stock mach_kernel, along with the flag arch=x86_64, -x -v. It starts loading all the files, then it stops with a "log" of what it did. I hit Q to exit the viewer, and the screen goes black and my computer resets. I have read that the kernels do not like nvidia cards, and to use the flag graphicsenabler=no, but that doesn't do anything either. I have gotten a screen that said "system setup in nanoseconds", but it just sits there. Above it says panic(kernel) with some hexadecimal, but nothing specific, and I've only been able to get that screen twice in my troubles. Should I try 10.7 or 10.6? Any other advice on what I should do?

NOMAD8459

NOMAD8459

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

If you see my post above, I have Nvidia GTX 470, AMD1090T on an ASUS M4N98TD, I tried unsuccesfully with mountain lion too.

I have now got a fully working dual booting machine by using Iatkos S3 to install snow leopard 10.6.3, really easy install to be honest, once you have grasped it, now you have USB 3 to worry about too, I have heard there may be issues with this and that would take further research.

Once snow leopard is in full 1080P resolution, it looks really good and I can see no reason myself to want to update it to lion currently but then my software that I wish to run, runs well on Leopard.

Also I believe that SLI will not work under Mac so one card only, if you look on my post here: it details everything I did to get a working install, now youe ethernet and MCP and sound are going to be different so some tweaking may be required.

I dont really know what improvements ML brings over SL but SL is enough for me, its only running with 4GB memory however so if you want to run intensive applications, may not have good results.

Here is my post:

http://www.insanelym...ssor-ha-i-know/

SirFoxx

SirFoxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I will definitely try this sometime today, however I think I will have some questions along the way. In your post above, what does ML and SL stand for? I keep seeing these when I do google searches, and I am curios what they mean. I am currently using my front port usb for my usb stick, so 3.0 shouldn't be an issue, I think. The gtx 295 is a single card, but with 2 PCB's on it. Technically it is 1 card, but I think it still counts as SLI..? Is there a way to make it only use one of the 2 GPU's?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy