• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

romanosgr

romanosgr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi! I tried your method but i got no idea if i really made it. Here are some scrennies : Attached File  Picture_1.png   558.11KB   151 downloads Attached File  Picture_2.png   385.42KB   134 downloads

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi! I tried your method but i got no idea if i really made it. Here are some scrennies : Attached File  Picture_1.png   558.11KB   151 downloads Attached File  Picture_2.png   385.42KB   134 downloads

Hi Speed USB (EHCI) seems to be recognised. Though posting
dmesg | grep EHCI
after a reboot should be helpful to see for sure.

Best

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Well, it seem that your driver will be the only good solution for me (for the crack and posp that appear with my usb sound card ). I have try every single possible settings in bios, but the annoying posp are still in here..., I hope that the problems is as you suspect the usb clock (no ideea what it is ... I am not a programmer). I hope that, this to be a solution, so I have to wait with patience .... btw, tanks in advance !

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Well, it seem that your driver will be the only good solution for me (for the crack and posp that appear with my usb sound card ). I have try every single possible settings in bios, but the annoying posp are still in here..., I hope that the problems is as you suspect the usb clock (no ideea what it is ... I am not a programmer). I hope that, this to be a solution, so I have to wait with patience .... btw, tanks in advance !

Cheers. hang in there ... And you also have a point, clock registration may not solve the issue. But it is worth a try.

Best

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
hi orbyte,
Here it is attached. I hope is what you asked
I did:

ioreg -c AppleUSBEHCI -c IOUSBRootHubDevice -w0

on my terminal...

I have deleted the appleusbehci kext.... Does it make a difference?

anyway here is the output I got

Attached Files

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

hi orbyte,
Here it is attached. I hope is what you asked
I did:

ioreg -c AppleUSBEHCI -c IOUSBRootHubDevice -w0

on my terminal...

I have deleted the appleusbehci kext.... Does it make a difference?

anyway here is the output I got

Hi Thanks!

So you deleted, ApppleUSBEHCI.kext but left PCGenUSBEHCI.kext right? OK, it looks like (1) either there is not a match to the USB2 (EHCI) PCI device, or, (2) there is a match BUT initialization fails.

What you dou get from
kextstat | grep PCGen

and, if present can you do

kextunload <path-to>/PCGenUSBEHCI

and

anything from,

sudo dmesg | grep EHCI

Plz. post these and, then depending on those, if it is OK for you I will prepare a special kext for debugging.

Millions of thanks in advance!
Best

Edited by orByte, 06 February 2007 - 01:59 PM.

bayoe

bayoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
on my dmesg found :

USBF: 15. 35 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS
USBF: 15. 36 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0040000
USBF: 15. 38 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned
USBF: 15. 39 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001
USBF: 15. 78 AppleUSBEHCI[0x1a0f800]::start EHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

what thats mean on the last line ?

after installing i was unable to use usb disks, found this too

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency.

thanks

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

on my dmesg found :

USBF: 15. 35 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS
USBF: 15. 36 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0040000
USBF: 15. 38 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned
USBF: 15. 39 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001
USBF: 15. 78 AppleUSBEHCI[0x1a0f800]::start EHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
what thats mean on the last line ?

after installing i was unable to use usb disks, found this too

thanks

USBF:   15. 78  AppleUSBEHCI[0x1a0f800]::start EHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Means the driver has loaded successfully but will be fully unloaded when you sleep the machine. Nothing to worry about. All non-mac hardware is likely to display this message due to the way the usb driver detects power management.

The problem is here

This means that IOUSBMassStorageClass has NOT loaded. So you need to check that it is present in /System/Library/Extensions, and if yes check version and permissions as well. Version info: for 8.4.1-10.4.7/8 use 1.4.2 for 8.1.1/10.4.8 use: 1.4.2 as well. In sum, try version 1.4.2 and repair permissions. And hopefully that will fix the problem.

Best.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
Hi, orByte....

I have update my system to the semthex kernel.... the behevior of the usb ports are the same.
I runed the same tests as before (now with the 8.8.1 kext).... I attached the results below
hope it helps... Thanks for your job!

Attached Files

Edited by blackchungo, 11 February 2007 - 02:29 PM.

bayoe

bayoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This means that IOUSBMassStorageClass has NOT loaded. So you need to check that it is present in /System/Library/Extensions, and if yes check version and permissions as well. Version info: for 8.4.1-10.4.7/8 use 1.4.2 for 8.1.1/10.4.8 use: 1.4.2 as well. In sum, try version 1.4.2 and repair permissions. And hopefully that will fix the problem.

Best.

hi orByte,

now it seems this extension fits perfectly , i found nothing about unloaded extensions, just found over current message. This caused my synaptic pad not working.

this is my log
USBF: 14.138 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS
USBF: 14.138 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0040000
USBF: 14.138 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned
USBF: 14.138 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001
USBF: 14.175 AppleUSBEHCI[0x19e7800]::start EHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0x1868)
USB caused wake event (EHCI)
AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0x1860)
USBF: 14.286 [0x1ad1a00] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0xfd000000)
USBF: 14.287 AppleUSBHubPort[0x1aa5800]::DefaultOverCrntChangeHandler. OverCurrent condition in Port 1
USB Notification: The device "EHCI Root Hub Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The hub it is attached to has been disabled
USBF: 14.307 [0x1ad1600] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x1d000000)
USBF: 14.310 [0x1ad1400] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x3d000000)
USBF: 14.312 [0x1ad1200] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x5d000000)

thanks

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

hi orByte,

now it seems this extension fits perfectly , i found nothing about unloaded extensions, just found over current message. This caused my synaptic pad not working.

this is my log
USBF: 14.138 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS
USBF: 14.138 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0040000
USBF: 14.138 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned
USBF: 14.138 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001
USBF: 14.175 AppleUSBEHCI[0x19e7800]::start EHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep
AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0x1868)
USB caused wake event (EHCI)
AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0x1860)
USBF: 14.286 [0x1ad1a00] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0xfd000000)
USBF: 14.287 AppleUSBHubPort[0x1aa5800]::DefaultOverCrntChangeHandler. OverCurrent condition in Port 1
USB Notification: The device "EHCI Root Hub Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The hub it is attached to has been disabled
USBF: 14.307 [0x1ad1600] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x1d000000)
USBF: 14.310 [0x1ad1400] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x3d000000)
USBF: 14.312 [0x1ad1200] USB Generic Hub @ 1 (0x5d000000)

thanks

Disconnect all external USB devices, reboot, open the Console->System Log, then start plugging external devices in one-by-one. Then pls, post which one causes overcurrent. (Is it an external HD? - if yes, you might need an external power supply for it) Thanks.

Best.

habsversucht

habsversucht

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi all,

simple question: did anybody get his/her system to start with a USB2.0-HDD already?

- I installed JaS10.4.8 on an exteral drive and it worked as I switched off the EHCI setting in the bios. With EHCI on, it wouldn't find my external disk...

- I tried the patch and it seems to work, I get all the good USBF-lines after the kernel-load, but then, same(?) problem, the system won't find the disk anymore: waiting... waiting etc.

any thoughts?

thanks to community allready, it's my first post and I read a lot the last days and I got a os x working with graphics and lan, Posted Image not everything is tested yet, but I will post some feedback in other threads and the wiki hopefully in the next days...

system: shuttle SK83G, chipset: via K8M800, sempron 3000+ (754 R6), lan: via VT6103, graphic: ati radeon 9600 aiw.

best...

------------

try before you buy... Posted Image

DRKRONNIN

DRKRONNIN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I apologize if this is a stupid question but how do I install the kext? Do I just copy the file in the plugins folder then type this inside of the commnand window?

sudo su
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext
cp -R <path to>/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext
touch /System/Library/Extensions
shutdown -r now

:hysterical:

I read the install instructions but i dont get them

cloudy

cloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
orByte, Thank you very much.
Finally my Compaq Presario C300 works great with your updated one.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
Hi orByte,

I tryed the debug kext. I can not see any special output in the system log. The kext shows loaded in the profiler thou. Anyway I attached the log here. There are 3 boots on it. The first before adding your kext, the other two with it and without the appleusbEHCI. Hope it helps....

Attached Files

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
Hi orByte, Hi everybody else.

After updating my Laptop's BIOS to the latest version, Mac OS x86 would not detect storage volumes connected via USB anymore (neither with 8.4.1 nor 8.8.1 kernel), giving an EHCI error message during verbose bootup: the BIOS coders over @ Toshiba had evidently changed something about the EHCI implementation - whyever. In Windows, however, I could not recognize any change. So I tried these kexts here --> bingo :thumbsup_anim: !

Because I like one-click solutions I wrote a lil installer script for both versions. Each installer even makes backups of already existing files into a folder "Extensions_backup" on your Desktop.

ou find both installers attached as compressed Apple Disk Images.

nJoy :censored2:

Bugs.

Attached Files

Edited by BugsBunny, 18 February 2007 - 09:42 PM.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
Hello everybody.

Does anybody have any input on this: irritating USB EHCI riddle, 1 core: fine; 2 cores: strange

:)

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
News Update: (19/02/07)
---------------------------------------------------

I can no longer edit the original post, as the time limit for editing that post has expired. So any new changes/amends etc will be coming from this point onwards.

(1). Thanks to bugsbunny for his automated installers. The links are available in the above post:
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=306234

Otherwise, the kexts remain available at page 1 as usual.

(2). Currently spending most of my time on the Uli network driver and looking for a way to get USB support on the Tosh A60. But... no promises....

(3). Next up is USB clock registration.

Best.

ricren

ricren

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Have any of you guys seen this situation before?

I did the PCgeneric install and now I can see the USB high speed bus in system profiler but the OS do not mount the USB external hard disk.
I can even see the disk listed under the USB bus (pleae, see screen dump attached).But it will not mount.

Attached File  USB_HD_not_mount.png   16.89KB   104 downloads

i tried with an USB pen drive and the same happens. I can see it butwill not mount.

BUT if I erase PCGenUSBEHCI.kext I loose the High speed bus in the system profiler but now the disk and the pen drive mounts without problem, but they work at only USB 1.1 speeds.

Any suggestions to get USB 2.0?

tks

Ric

Emachines M6811 laptop
AMD
Via chipset

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Have any of you guys seen this situation before?

I did the PCgeneric install and now I can see the USB high speed bus in system profiler but the OS do not mount the USB external hard disk.
I can even see the disk listed under the USB bus (pleae, see screen dump attached).But it will not mount.

Attached File  USB_HD_not_mount.png   16.89KB   104 downloads

i tried with an USB pen drive and the same happens. I can see it butwill not mount.

BUT if I erase PCGenUSBEHCI.kext I loose the High speed bus in the system profiler but now the disk and the pen drive mounts without problem, but they work at only USB 1.1 speeds.

Any suggestions to get USB 2.0?

tks

Ric
Emachines M6811 laptop
AMD
Via chipset

Any error messages? E.g. Diskarb? or USB?
What version of IOUSBStorageFamily are you running? Try 1.4.1.

Hope it helps

Best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy