Generic USB2.0 (EHCI) Driver

orByte

474 posts in this topic

Hi joelones,

I am suspecting a conflict between PCGen and the Parallels USB module. It looks like you are getting two EHCI (hi speed USB) devices competing for the same driver slot (nib or nub... or hub). It could be a problem with the DFI-LANPARTY as well - what's the chipset?. See what happens when you disable the parallels USB module and then 'touch /System/Library/Extensions' and reboot. If that does not do it pls. send me a copy of:

ioreg -w0 -bl

Best

orByte,

I attempted to removed the ConnectUSB.kext which is what I believe is responsible for loading the USB module for parallels, then touched Extensions and rebooted. Still no go. Maybe that's not the right USB module?

As for the USB chipset on the DFI, it's the oddest thing--Can't located the chip neither on the site nor in the manual-even inspected the board! I know it's the nF4 chipset but I am not sure what the USB chipset is...

I can't seem to attach my ioreg file but I suspect the file is truncated due to the strange output when i run the command right before the AppleSMBIOS { section...

ioreg -w0 -bl

weird output: not sure why this happens

ioreg: error: can't obtain properties.

where can I send it to you?

Hi orByte !

Thank you for working on this, but It doesn't work for me. My laptop (hp dv8000t) is similar to mestam's. And it gives a similar error:

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting to resolve ...

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 EHCI - Try resetting OS Ownership to 0

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.297 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.297 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4512000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.297 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4512000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.299 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

What do you suggest ? Is it fixable ? (I have to mention that there is no BIOS option for USB, like legacy support or so...)

Hi orByte !

Thank you for working on this, but It doesn't work for me. My laptop (hp dv8000t) is similar to mestam's. And it gives a similar error:

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting to resolve ...

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 EHCI - Try resetting OS Ownership to 0

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24. 42 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.297 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.297 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4512000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.297 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4512000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Dec 11 12:42:42 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 24.299 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

What do you suggest ? Is it fixable ? (I have to mention that there is no BIOS option for USB, like legacy support or so...)

Argh! This means that the BIOS is not processing (or ignoring) the ownership reset request. I am afraid for now, this fix will unfortunately not work on your laptop. I have been planning to write another version that will do a rather agressive reset in case the gentle one fails - but it is still early days for that one. There are some differences betwen the Darwin and Linux EHCI implementations that I have not yet quite figured out.

Best

I can't seem to attach my ioreg file but I suspect the file is truncated due to the strange output when i run the command right before the AppleSMBIOS { section...

ioreg -w0 -bl

weird output: not sure why this happens

ioreg: error: can't obtain properties.

where can I send it to you?

Hmmm... What version of AppleSMBIOS are you running? IS it 1.0.6? And you require a 'fixed' one for 8.8.1. The OHCI modules are for USB1.1 only and wouldn't have an impact on USB 2.0. Can you get any outout pertaining to USB at all from ioreg? Perhaps you could attach this:

ioreg -bl -w0 | grep USB > outputfile.txt

. It should take off the SMBIOS Part, and just leave the USB info.

Best

Orbyte..

I have kernel 8.4.1 and applied patches in order adviced.. IOUSB from Apple.. 246.4.0.. which didn't work..and then PCGen .. and also didn't work.. I get:

USBF: 189.898 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF: 189.898 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting to resolve ...

USBF: 189.898 EHCI - Try resetting OS Ownership to 0

USBF: 190.149 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

USBF: 190.149 AppleUSBEHCI[0x21da800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

USBF: 190.149 AppleUSBEHCI[0x21da800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

USBF: 190.151 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Mestam

Hi unfortunately this means that the BIOS is ignoring the ownership reset request. For now, this fix will not work on the following HP laptops: dv8000t, dv 8323.

I am investigating the linux side once more. But very early days ....

Best

Hmmm... What version of AppleSMBIOS are you running? IS it 1.0.6? And you require a 'fixed' one for 8.8.1. The OHCI modules are for USB1.1 only and wouldn't have an impact on USB 2.0. Can you get any outout pertaining to USB at all from ioreg? Perhaps you could attach this:

Best

Orbyte,

AppleSMBIOS version

22	0 0x35167000 0x4000	 0x3000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (1.0.9) <11>

I am afraid the output generated from

will probably be truncated.

thanks

Edited by joelones

Best

Hi unfortunately this means that the BIOS is ignoring the ownership reset request. For now, this fix will not work on the following HP laptops: dv8000t, dv 8323.

I am investigating the linux side once more. But very early days ....

Best

What could I run on my machine to help sort it out ? I remember that USB worked on a liveCD I used a while ago. Is there a tool which is able to log somehow the way the system accesses the hardware ? Or a verbose boot option or so ?

What could I run on my machine to help sort it out ? I remember that USB worked on a liveCD I used a while ago. Is there a tool which is able to log somehow the way the system accesses the hardware ? Or a verbose boot option or so ?

Hi one could step through the kext,

1. by using a specially compiled version of the kext & a kernel debug setup i.e., using two machines connected by a network cable.

or

2. Setting logpoints in the present kext via the USBError(1,..) calls and recompiling as you trace through your logpoints.

Actually I think this is a MB issue. I will attempt to address it in the next rewrite.

Best.

Orbyte,

I just replaced AppleSMBIOS with paulicat's version, not sure what differences are but I am now able to issue the command

ioreg -bl -w0

without error and I have attached the resulting file. I hope this can help.

AppleSMBIOS version is now (based on paulicat's version)

0 0x35f11000 0x3000	 0x2000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (1.0.1) <11>

Orbyte,

I just replaced AppleSMBIOS with paulicat's version, not sure what differences are but I am now able to issue the command

ioreg -bl -w0

without error and I have attached the resulting file. I hope this can help.

AppleSMBIOS version is now (based on paulicat's version)

0 0x35f11000 0x3000	 0x2000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (1.0.1) <11>

Hi again,

Sorry for the late reply. It looks like the USB 2.0 (EHCI) driver matching is not completed... There is nothing after the OMI_EHCI entry, but there should be an AppleUSBEHCI tree.

My gut feeling is that this has to do with the nVidia Chipset. It uses some interesting device ids, which I think are confusing the Apple driver matching scheme. A new release of PCGen is imminent, and you may try it, but I think it wont resolve the present issue.

Just for my compatibility archive, could you pls. post the output of dmesg | grep USBF and kextload -v <path>/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext (but pls. make sure that it has not been loaded during system start.) - This may help me to see at what point in the driver matching the code fails.

You can also ask other people on the board to see if anyone has use of EHCI on the DFI Lanparty series boards.

Since this is an interesting issue, I am also posting it on the board as well.

Thanks & Best

Hi again,

Sorry for the late reply. It looks like the USB 2.0 (EHCI) driver matching is not completed... There is nothing after the OMI_EHCI entry, but there should be an AppleUSBEHCI tree.

My gut feeling is that this has to do with the nVidia Chipset. It uses some interesting device ids, which I think are confusing the Apple driver matching scheme. A new release of PCGen is imminent, and you may try it, but I think it wont resolve the present issue.

Just for my compatibility archive, could you pls. post the output of dmesg | grep USBF and kextload -v <path>/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext (but pls. make sure that it has not been loaded during system start.) - This may help me to see at what point in the driver matching the code fails.

You can also ask other people on the board to see if anyone has use of EHCI on the DFI Lanparty series boards.

Thanks & Best

I think you are right on the money. I installed a fresh 1048 AMD Test 1 on my Asus A8V Deluxe, without either of the graphics patches for NVidia or ATI, and USB 2.0 worked perfectly. After I installed NVidia drivers for my 7600 GT card - whether they were the Accelerated ones or the set that was put together by another member here, I could not get USB EHCI working again and had to replug the keyboard/mouse to get them working after reboot. None of the fixes here helped, I'm sad to say.

:whistle:NEW VERSION RELEASE NOTE :thumbsdown_anim:

I am pleased to announce a new version of the PCGenUSBEHCI series. Also I would like to thank to mac fly for suggesting a solution for cases where PCGen could not acquire OS Ownership due to completely buggy (i.e., ignoring OS reset request) SMI handling. The solution was to make a forced BIOS ownership reset, after all other approaches had failed. The code does therefore retain backward compatibility.

In essence, this release brings us in line with the Linux 'pci-quirks' handling, and we should now be able to get OWNERSHIP after reboot on all (edit: I should say 'almost all' :-) ) systems. However, please note that there other other documented causes for non-functional EHCI, and these remain. In my archives, I have listed an 'Unable to get device memory error' with ATI SB200 - this is a completely different kind of error. Also there appear problems with the nVidia nf4 under DFI LANPARTY - which are not related to OS Ownership. These remain under investigation, with the hope that we will one day have as broad an EHCI driver as possible.

Installation and usage instructions are included in the download archives. The download area is as usual at the beginning of this post.

There is now in the Info.plist file, a parameter called

<key>AlwaysHardBIOSReset</key>
<true/>

This should be fine on most systems. However, if the system hangs after reboot, switch this to <false/>. Very likely, you WILL need to do this on 10.4.6 .

Best

Edited by orByte

Hi again,

Thanks & Best

Orbyte,

I think you've done it!

Your version PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a.zip seems to work for me.

For the sake of completeness I've attached the output of dmseg (rebooted without PCGenUSBEHCI) and then output of kextload -v.

Once again, great work. And I am truly grateful for your contribution.

What happened?

Hi! Thanks for reply!

Well, I have 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel and I installed the IOUSBFamily.kext version 261.4.2 but I'm still having 1.0! I attached a screenshot to show this.

And when I try to kextload I get this:

juan-pablo-pincheiras-computer:~ root# kextload -v -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ACard62xxM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ACard67162.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ACard671xSCSI.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ACard6885M.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ACard68xxM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec290X-2930.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec29160x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec39160.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec78XXSCSI.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAD741x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleADM103x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleADT746x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleBlower.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleCore99NVRAM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleCPUThermo.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleDallasDriver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFan.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFCU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFlashNVRAM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGracklePCI.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHeathrow.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI2SModemFamily.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2Driver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2Fan.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2SATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2SATARoot.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKauaiATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyLargo.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKiwiATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKiwiRoot.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLM7x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLM87.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLM8x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMacRiscPCI.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMaxim1989.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMaxim6690.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMPIC.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOnboardAudio.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePMU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSEP.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMUMonitor.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSPU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSym8xx.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVSP.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATTOExpressPCIPlus.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AudioDeviceTreeUpdater.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CM4040.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CMD646ATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CMD646Root.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CRYPTOCardPCCard.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/HeathrowATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/I2CGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOADBFamily.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CAD741x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CADT746x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CControllerPMU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CControllerPPC.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CControllerSMU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CDeviceFCU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CDriveBayGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CFamily.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CLM6x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CLM7x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CLM8x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CMaxim1631.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CMaxim1989.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CMaxim6690.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CSMUSat.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOKeyLargo.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/KeyLargoATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/LSIUltra320.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/MacIOGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/MegaRAID.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/SCR24X_Apple_Driver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/SharedIP.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/VirtualAudioDriver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleLynx.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple3Com3C90x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple_DEC21x4Ethernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBMacEthernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleDP83816Ethernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PBG4_PlatformPlugin.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PBG4_ThermalProfile.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac11_2_PlatformPlugin.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac11_2_ThermalProfile.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac12_1_PlatformPlugin.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac12_1_ThermalProfile.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac7_2_PlatformPlugin.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac8_1_ThermalProfile.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PowerMac9_1_ThermalProfile.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RackMac3_1_PlatformPlugin.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/SMU_Neo2_PlatformPlugin.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOSCSIFamily.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRS574Serial.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleSCCSerial.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleVerizonSupport.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleVerizonSupportKicker.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DCPModemSupport.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalUSBModem.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/MotorolaSM56K.kext is not valid

kextload: resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext appears to be valid

kextload: loading extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

juan-pablo-pincheiras-computer:~ root#

Thanks! and greetings :pirate2:

post-21833-1166678760_thumb.jpg

Edited by jpincheira

Orbyte,

I think you've done it!

For the sake of completeness I've attached the output of dmseg (rebooted without PCGenUSBEHCI) and then output of kextload -v.

Can you please describe step-by-step what you did, or which version of (10.4.8 )kernel you have, or if you didany other modification to your installation, I mean, change some other kexts for better compatibility.

I tried to install, and I got this:

gdfath3rs-computer:~ root# sudo chown -R root:wheel /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

gdfath3rs-computer:~ root# sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

gdfath3rs-computer:~ root# kextload -v /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

kextload: extension /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/ appears to be valid

kextload: loading extension /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

load failed for extension /Users/gdfath3r/Desktop/PCGenUSBEHCI-2.6.1a/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Edit: Finally, got it working. It was my mistake. I did not pay attention where I supposed to. To evebody: read INSTALL.txt!!!

Thanks to developer :robot::rolleyes:

Edited by Gdfath3r

Orbyte..

I have kernel 8.4.1 and applied patches in order adviced.. IOUSB from Apple.. 246.4.0.. which didn't work..and then PCGen .. and also didn't work.. I get:

USBF: 189.898 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF: 189.898 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting to resolve ...

USBF: 189.898 EHCI - Try resetting OS Ownership to 0

USBF: 190.149 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

USBF: 190.149 AppleUSBEHCI[0x21da800]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

USBF: 190.149 AppleUSBEHCI[0x21da800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

USBF: 190.151 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

I have no options in bios to disable or enable.. this is a HP Pavilion dv8323ea.. and I will try a bios update soon.. (Iwill have to backup everything first!).. but i wanted to ask you.. could it be that we need to add the vendor ID or device ID somewhere in the PCGenUSBEHCI Info.plist ? For instance, if i look at dxdiag got in windows XP I see something like:

-----------

USB Devices

-----------

+ Hub principale USB

| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x27C8

| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub

| Service: usbhub

| Driver: usbhub.sys, 8/3/2004 23:08:44, 57600 bytes

| Driver: usbd.sys, 8/19/2004 12:00:00, 4736 bytes

or something like this:

Name: Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27CC&SUBSYS_30A5103C&REV_01\3&B1BFB68&0&EF

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/3/2004 23:08:38, 26624 bytes

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/3/2004 23:08:44, 142976 bytes

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbui.dll, 5.01.2600.2180 (Italian), 8/19/2004 15:39:30, 76800 bytes

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/3/2004 23:08:44, 57600 bytes

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hccoin.dll, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/19/2004 12:00:00, 7168 bytes

I solved the ethernet and sound card not being recognised by adding those kind of hexadecimal IDs to the appropriate kext files.. could it be the same here? I just can't identify in PCGen kext the right strings to deal with these kind of values..

Mestam

Hi OrByte.. you did it!! It works for me too! This also solved the shutdown problem I had. Now I have USB 2 and I can power off my machine.

The only minor thing is that when I eject USB device it disappears correctly from desktop but it stays powered on.. the green light on usb device keeps blinking.. honestly I don't care much.. maybe it's supposed to do that?

Was it to do with nVidia chipset as you suggested earlier?

Thanks a MILLION for your help!

Mestam

ps: my situation is different now than the post quoted above... I still have kernel 8.4.1 but I have 10.4.8 OSX now..

Edited by mestam

I did this:

200-126-113-116:~ jp$ sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/ is already loaded

200-126-113-116:~ jp$

(A kextload without -v -t) But I don't get high speed! :/ Does this work for intel mobos? :( I have a d915 d mobo) Hope you help me. Thanks!

Now It works! I don't know how, because I installed your driver then disabled bios high speed (I used 1.0) and then usb support worked. But! Installed your driver again (I repeated the process) and now I enabled again high speed, and it's working!

Thanks dude! :censored2:

Merry christmas :(

I think you are right on the money. I installed a fresh 1048 AMD Test 1 on my Asus A8V Deluxe, without either of the graphics patches for NVidia or ATI, and USB 2.0 worked perfectly. After I installed NVidia drivers for my 7600 GT card - whether they were the Accelerated ones or the set that was put together by another member here, I could not get USB EHCI working again and had to replug the keyboard/mouse to get them working after reboot. None of the fixes here helped, I'm sad to say.

Hi Thanks for the info. This is very useful. Some users are reporting that the new version works with nF4, have you by any chance tried the new driver on your system ?

Best

Orbyte,

I think you've done it!

Hmm.. nice. It works on nVidia.

Best

The only minor thing is that when I eject USB device it disappears correctly from desktop but it stays powered on.. the green light on usb device keeps blinking.. honestly I don't care much.. maybe it's supposed to do that?

Was it to do with nVidia chipset as you suggested earlier?

Thanks a MILLION for your help!

Mestam

ps: my situation is different now than the post quoted above... I still have kernel 8.4.1 but I have 10.4.8 OSX now..

Yes, the power code has not been written yet. Bit involved that one. Apple treats all our on-board USBs as add-on, and automatically drops advanced power states. A fix would require detecting a variety of USBs as on-board. Or some equivalent trick.

Best

Hi! Thanks for reply!

Well, I have 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel and I installed the IOUSBFamily.kext version 261.4.2 but I'm still having 1.0! I attached a screenshot to show this.

And when I try to kextload I get this:

Thanks! and greetings :P

Hi glad it sorted itself out. Perhaps it was a BIOS hickup or some problems in the .kextcache or .mkext files.

Best