473 replies to this topic

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi! I have such a same problem. While booting in verbose mode OS shows:

USBF: xx.xxx AppleUSBOHCI[xxxxxxxxx]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

My BIOS hasn't "legacy USB support" option. All my USB 2.0 devices work correctly and USB 1.0 (1.1) such as mice, modems etc. are not(
Help Please! I use JaS 10.4.7 and i have SiS 7001 OHCI controller. New apple IOUSBFanily.kext didn't do anything(((

Hi could you pls. be precise about the errors. If you get 'OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep', this means that your OHCI (i.e. USB 1.1) controller has been recognised. Try posting
ioreg -w0 -bl | grep USB, and

cat /var/log/system.log | grep USB (this is a long file, so just the latest reboot pls.)

At what point in the boot process, is your mice not being recognised? What happens when you plug it in/out.

Are you using Apple USB family 256.4.2? This family works quite well with generic intel stuff.

PCGEN is for USB 2.0 only.

Best.

deathr

deathr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Thank you for your reply! Since last week in many threads noone replied me :P. Someone advised me to use 10.4.3 IOUSBFamily kexts. These files i've attached are made using 10.4.3 usb kexts, but nothing works again. My USB 1.1 devices are recognized after several seconds after starting Mac OS X. And start from "will be unloaded across sleep" message. When i plug my mouse it hust says something like "wasn't able to enumerate device connected to this bus". Anyway i attach two files. Excuse me but their are RTF format. I will be very appreciated if could help me to solve my problrm! :construction:
P.S. new 10.4.7 Apple drivers didn't help me too

Attached Files

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi! I have such a same problem. While booting in verbose mode OS shows:

USBF: xx.xxx AppleUSBOHCI[xxxxxxxxx]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

My BIOS hasn't "legacy USB support" option. All my USB 2.0 devices work correctly and USB 1.0 (1.1) such as mice, modems etc. are not(
Help Please! I use JaS 10.4.7 and i have SiS 7001 OHCI controller. New apple IOUSBFanily.kext didn't do anything(((

Hmmm... It looks like the OHCI (USB 1.1) is being recognised as EHCI (USB 2.0) - then the speed mismatch is causing timeout errors. This may or may not be fixable. It is funny that there is no AppleUSBOHCI entry in ioreg, when the module appears loaded based on the system log. Could you run
kextstat, and

ioreg -l | grep AppleUSBOHCI, and

ioreg -l | grep AppleUSBUHCI
after a cold start, i.e. after you have unplugged system power lead for more than 10 seconds, or if laptop removed battery...
Just to be sure. I ll also compare your kexstat against mine as I am also on 10.4.7. What's your motherboard make?

Best.

deathr

deathr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Made these two files using 10.4.7 Official Apple usb drivers. ioreg -l | grep AppleUSBUHCI showed me nothing.
I don't know exactly which motherboard i use. I have Asus A2500L Laptop. CPU-Z said that it's called A2H/L

Attached Files

Andrei

Andrei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I also have problems with USB 1.1 devices in 10.4.8 with IOUSBFamily-261.4.2: after wake up they are not reconnected automaticaly.
Interesting that I have also a USB 2.0 hub connected to the system and it works fine. When I connect USB 1.1 devices through the hub they continue working after wake up.

deathr

deathr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
orByte, is it possible to fix my OHCI?

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

orByte, is it possible to fix my OHCI?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The relevant sections of the kexts appear fine. I did not notice anything glaring that could be causing problems. I am not sure that this is a simple fix. However, you may wish to try Andrei's suggestion. It could work. I have used a similar solution for running USB 2.0 through a USB 1.1 hub but you would need to try a USB 2.0 hub. So if you have one lying around try it out. If not, you could buy one, but it is probably not worthwhile breaking the bank - as the result of the test is uncertain. Maybe a friend could loan you one.

On other news, the Sis7001 controller appears to have had a troubled life even in the windows world. Here is a configuration link maybe it will have some useful info.

edit: You could also check to see if there is a BIOS upgrade available from Asus.

Best.

deathr

deathr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I think i should try a USB hub from Apple Store. I'm going to test it there. If everything will be fine i'll post. Anyway thanks for your reply! :)

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I think i should try a USB hub from Apple Store. I'm going to test it there. If everything will be fine i'll post. Anyway thanks for your reply! :D

A most excellent strategy! I ll keep my fingers crossed.

deathr

deathr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Tested the USB 2.0 hub with it's own power supply. It worked!!! orByte, Andrei thank you all very much!!! Tomorrow i'll buy this hub. The last thing is to make work UDMA properly and everything will be fine! Thanks! :construction:

Meatwagon

Meatwagon

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Ok this is what i have, http://h10025.www1.h...n...8758&dlc=en

i have installed 2 versions of 10.4.6 jas and MAC_OS_X_10_4_8_Intel_Only_Jas_re_seed_(SSE3_Only_NO_AMD)-++Demonoid.com++

ok ive isntalled jas 9x and never has my usb worked, sse3 only 3x no usb, ive have tried the apple usb family without the log, no dice on both everytime.. ive tried to use your method i copied and pasted every command, reboot no dice.. usb2 and 1 nothing ,

i always have that error,
USBF: 16.991 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS
USBF: 16.991 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2c56000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
USBF: 16.991 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2c56000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
USBF: 16.993 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2c56000]: UIMFinalize 0 0 0x2c98700
USBF: 16.993 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

(ok i copied this from a previous post the #s may be different but the actions are the same..

What the hell do i have to do to get USB to work? im running vista on my other partiotion so i dont have macdrive on it. so i can open logs or antyhing, and since usb doenst work, i can save anything to external.. how am i suppoed to post my boot logs??? HELPPPPPPP

thanks a million, jamie

Meatwagon

Meatwagon

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
ps there was no UBS fix with any of these, so i could not disable them. HELP me please!

deathr

deathr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Maybe you have to change "Legacy USB Support" option in BIOS...

Meatwagon

Meatwagon

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Maybe you have to change "Legacy USB Support" option in BIOS...

thats another thing i dont have many options in my bios, pretty much just boot, date time, hd check, there is one thing that says something about sata and when you highlight it is says something about legacy but nothing about USB.. I did just update my bios.. this is really bugging me.. soo annoying i just want my mouse and hd to work!

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Tested the USB 2.0 hub with it's own power supply. It worked!!! orByte, Andrei thank you all very much!!! Tomorrow i'll buy this hub. The last thing is to make work UDMA properly and everything will be fine! Thanks! :)

:D Glad to hear that!

thats another thing i dont have many options in my bios, pretty much just boot, date time, hd check, there is one thing that says something about sata and when you highlight it is says something about legacy but nothing about USB.. I did just update my bios.. this is really bugging me.. soo annoying i just want my mouse and hd to work!

Hi the Generic driver will NOT work with 10.4.8. Try Jas 10.4.6 + PCGenUSB from a cold start - with a laptop, this means taking out the battery, unplugging, then after >10 seconds starting up. Do you have USB 1.1 working with the cold start? If possible post your own logs. If you have a dos partition available, you could save them there as text files.

:( On other news, I have started up on the 10.4.8 version but it is yet too early for a prognosis.

Best.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
Hi orByte, Im trying your driver with jas 4.6, 4.7, 4.8. And I get this lines at boot (I got this already before trying your generic driver).

23 05:43:09 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 69.187 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2618800]::UIMInitialize - unable to get device memory
Nov 23 05:43:09 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 69.190 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2618800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
Nov 23 05:43:09 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 69.194 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

(very similar to the lines from meatwagon above)

Im using a Toshiba A60. The Dev ID must be 1002,4345 for the USB 2.0 port and 1002,4347/4348 ports for the USB 1. There's no many USB settings posibilities from my computer's BIOS.
Do you think there's a walkaround for this?
BTW the USB 1 ports are working and shown in the system profile window (working with the OHIC driver)

Tanks for your good work.

EDIT: I'll try what you posted just above. If I use the 10.4.6, showld I install the 4.7 USB driver update?

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

23 05:43:09 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 69.187 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2618800]::UIMInitialize - unable to get device memory
Nov 23 05:43:09 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 69.190 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2618800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
Nov 23 05:43:09 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 69.194 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

EDIT: I'll try what you posted just above. If I use the 10.4.6, showld I install the 4.7 USB driver update?

Generally speaking,
UIMInitialize - unable to get device memory

is bad news. Is this under 10.4.8? To use PCGen under 10.4.6 proceed as follows:

1. install JaS 10.4.6 as usual, e.g. from disk, or if you have a back up disk image handy then via
sudo asr restore --source <back-up-disk-image.dmg> --target <dest-drive> [--erase]
1a. If you do not have a backup image, you might want to make one from a clean working 10.4.6 installation. From the disk utility do File>New Image>From Disk (roughly speaking), and then make sure to do 'Scan For Restore'.

2. Now you do something like
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBFamily/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext	 <to-back-up-dest>
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBFamily/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext 

then cp -R <PCGEN.kext>	  /System/Library/Extensions

Pls. double check paths as I m presently typing this from memory. In short, you do NOT install the 10.4.7 USB Family but only replace AppleUSBEHCI in the current USB Family.

Make sure to re-set permissions too.

Best

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
10.4.8 testing

Hi all, I now have a working 10.4.8 using TubGirl's v2 (AMD) setup. As installed, I can run AppleUSBFamily 256.4 (without AppleUSBEHCI) instead with PCGenUSBEHCI just fine.

However, this setup DOES NOT use any 10.4.8 kexts. I have had some inquiries on building a 10.4.8 driver from users who have been having difficulty with 256.4 & PCGen under 10.4.8. Could some people in this category please post
kextstat, and uname -psrv, and cat /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
output. You could be on intel or AMD. But esp. intel would be very useful. This will help me to match up the kexts as closely as possible before I build a 10.4.8 driver, and will likely increase the chance of building a 10.4.8 PCGenUSBEHCI module that will run on as wide a base as possible. As AMD installations are widely version hybridised compared to intel boxes, that info would be of great help.

Many thanks in advance!!
Best

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
Thanks for your replay.
I tryed what you said in the post #57 but I couldnt get it to work. I still get the same lines at boot, no matter the OS version I use...
I guess it might be a limitation from within the BIOS....
Thanks again anyway.

orByte

orByte

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Thanks for your replay.
I tryed what you said in the post #57 but I couldnt get it to work. I still get the same lines at boot, no matter the OS version I use...
I guess it might be a limitation from within the BIOS....
Thanks again anyway.

I just realized that this is an ATI chipset - most likely the source of the problems - could be a register implementation issue. It turns out that support for the SB 200 was late in coming even under Linux (late 2005) I shall have a look at the Linux side to see if a simple patch implementation would be possible.

Best
:huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy