ATI Graphic Issues on AMD ML Hackintosh Systems

AkimoA

193 posts in this topic

You could try the SMCpingDaemon I mentioned in this post; I've been wondering if it works with AMD. Otherwise, the only solution is to get a card that seems to work without artifacts, or use Bronzovka's 32-bit kernel space 64-bit userland kernel which has no graphics issues and also runs 64-bit applications–you get the best of both worlds!

Good luck!

I'm using a XFX Radeon 4890 1 GB card and everything works perfectly except for Google Chrome. Sometimes pages become unreadable (i.e. they look like a garbled mess). It seems to mostly happen at random but certain pages (Facebook News Feed, for example) always look that way.

Everything else works fine. Any idea how to fix this?

HD 5450 now working in 10.8.3 with minimal artifacts. Its 100% useable just now. Flashed the card with the bios from theconnactic and booted with GE=Yes with GE=No it won't boot for some reason.

My XFX Radon 4890 seems to be working almost perfectly at this point except for glitches with 3D games and I'm not sure how to fix it or even if it is able to be fixed.

Cinebench won't run - I get the "red dot" error that has been described elsewhere on this website. The only other 3D application I've tried with it is WoW. WoW will load but the majority of the screen is black. I can move around, etc... but really can't see any detail.

I've installed the latest QE/CI Kexts and OS X recognizes my card :

ATI Radeon HD 4890:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4890

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9460

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

HZ281H:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number: 019LM3AY02360

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Any idea how to fix the 3D issue?

• Like 1

Can you post it at the Working Cards topic?

All the best!

EDIT: i was wrong: the post suits better this topic. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

About the issue, Bitcore reported this card worked flawlessly: did you try to contact him?

All the best!

Hello friends, I am new to this branch hackintosh, I managed to install OS X Mountain lion 10.8.3 on my AMD pc and run the system that is a beauty but the graphics are "breaking" and full of artifacts getting impossible to use the system. My video card is an ASUS Radeon HD 7750.

I've been on various forums about the machines with AMD and had no answer. How do I solve this problem with the graphics that are "breaking"?

• Like 1

Probably no fix at all: read all this topic and you'll there's a bug, related to graphics, with all kernels based in the current patch set (BronzovkAnVoodooSinetek) when running in 64-bit kernel mode (which is the only option for Mountain Lion. So your card is one of the unlucky ones. If it was, say, a 6xxx card, i'd say just use Lion, since you can boot in 32-bit kernel mode in 10.7.x. But your card needs 10.8.3 and above, so you'll have to wait for a fix in the kernel. Sorry, dude!

If you can live without QE/CI, just remove AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext from the system.

All the best!

P.S.: out of curiosity, the artifacts are everywhere or only with browsers (Safari, Firefox etc)? If it's only with browsers, just open the Preferences menu of the browser and disable hardware acceleration/composite drawing/canvas composition (it's different for each one)

Are friend, I move the mouse cursor to the dock and begins to "break" the graph, open a finder window also sometimes runs out of the folder names.

I'll wait for a fix even this modified kernel for AMD and without acceleration everything is too slow.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try the SMCpingDaemon I mentioned in this post; I've been wondering if it works with AMD. Otherwise, the only solution is to get a card that seems to work without artifacts, or use Bronzovka's 32-bit kernel space 64-bit userland kernel which has no graphics issues and also runs 64-bit applications–you get the best of both worlds!

Good luck!

How Install this Zip File?

Hello all,

I have just made a script to facilitate the installation of the SMCpingDaemon I mentioned in this post. It would be great if someone would test the script and the SMCpingDaemon too. It eliminated the graphics glitches I was experiencing with ML and Intel HD Graphics 3000; I'm hoping it will help some of the people with buggy ATI cards too.

-instant idiot

Friends, I tried to install it anyway, and it appears in the Terminal:

Last login: Sat May 4 08:54:53 on ttys000

MacPro-Personal: jorge ~ $ cd ~ / Downloads

MacPro-Personal: jorge ~ $ chmod + x. / InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh. / InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh

chmod: Invalid file mode: + x.

Personal-MacPro: ~ $ jorge

How do to solve it and install?

Hi

This is my PC:

CPU: X4 955

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L/USB3

RAM: 4Gb

GPU: HD6770 flashed to HD5770

I have a problem with glitches on my PC.

System boot normally.

I use amd_kernel posted , i found it at database of current working kernels.

What I can do with this ?

On 10.7.5 GPU work good without problems.

MacPro-Personal: jorge ~ $ chmod + x. / InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh. / InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh

You must type exactly this (you can copy and paste),

cd ~/Downloads

press enter and then type,

chmod +x ./InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh

press enter again and then type

./InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh

press enter once more, enter your password and press enter (there will be no visual indication that your password is being entered; that is normal.), press y or n at the prompt (and the press enter), reboot, and you're done!

• Like 1

You must type exactly this (you can copy and paste),

cd ~/Downloads

press enter and then type,

chmod +x ./InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh

press enter again and then type

./InstallSMCpingDaemon.sh

press enter once more, enter your password and press enter (there will be no visual indication that your password is being entered; that is normal.), press y or n at the prompt (and the press enter), reboot, and you're done!

Thanks, but still managed to install with problems in the charts! :(

What do you mean by that bolded part?

I have several graphical glitches, and this solution had no effect to my problem.

Friend something unusual is going on here, when I put the "Dock" for the right or left side of the table graphical glitches persist but disappear when I use Safari or Chrome, with Firefox all normal flawless.

These are my problems: The "Dock" with failures:

capturadetela20130506s1.png

In Safari:

In Mission Control

In Chrome:

capturadetela20130506s2.png

If I remove this kext: "AMDRadeonX4000GLDrive.kext," I will not have problems with graphical glitches and no acceleration too (No QE / CI).