InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Single Carburetor GoldWings
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...
The problem I have been having all along with sinetek_pp during boot is I get like maybe 50 occurrences of 'BLACKLIST enabled' then it does the normal booting, then a few lines after Waiting for DSMOS there are another 250 occurrences of 'BLACKLIST enabled' then it is back to the regular scheduled programming picking up at :
Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1
Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

I cannot seem to find anything even close to this in any of the forums.
Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Checked by running bdmesg in terminal, followed by sudo dmesg in terminal.
dmesg picks up about a third of the way through the 'BLACKLIST enabled' stuff, so I am unable to see what happens just before it starts.

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I am using 960T with this kernel and the new GFX is an Asus GT210, this kernel reboots the moment it enters the GUI get some artifacts and a reboot. I use the legacy kernel and the GFX works perfect. Please help with this kernel.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 443 posts
Just to get back to an old Topic,

Adobe CS6
- So far the following are opening on Snow Leopard with Sinetek's kernel

Dreamweaver
Indesign
Flash BUILDER
Prelude
Speedgrade
Media Encoder
Bridge (opens but then crashes)

Programs left to be patched:
Photoshop
Illustrator
Flash
Fireworks
After Effects (and Render Engine)
Audition

As for Premiere Pro, freezes while loading on my PC.

Adobe CS6 - nawcom 32bit kernel and Userland [Working]
Flash
Fireworks
Dreamweaver
Flash Builder
Indesign
Acrobat Pro
Media Encoder

I am using 960T with this kernel and the new GFX is an Asus GT210, this kernel reboots the moment it enters the GUI get some artifacts and a reboot. I use the legacy kernel and the GFX works perfect. Please help with this kernel.

What kernel flags are you using to boot, with both please so ie:

legacy_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096
mach_kernel arch=x86_64 .... so on

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

What kernel flags are you using to boot, with both please so ie:

legacy_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096
mach_kernel arch=x86_64 .... so on

I am using mach_kernel arch=x86_64 -v

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 443 posts
How are you getting QE/CI? I know when I had that card I used an EFI string, but that was just me and because I have no idea how to compile a DSDT.

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

How are you getting QE/CI? I know when I had that card I used an EFI string, but that was just me and because I have no idea how to compile a DSDT.

Ah I am using the legacy_kernel with GE=Yes. I also have the EFI string. But I have to use just one of them I guess.

bcobco

bcobco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
05/02/13 21:04:38 compu com.apple.kextd[10] com.apple.kextd Error Load com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal failed; removing personalities.
05/02/13 21:04:39 compu kernel kern Debug kxld[com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid segment type in MH_KEXT_BUNDLE kext: 42.
05/02/13 21:04:39 compu kernel kern Debug Can't load kext com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal - link failed.
05/02/13 21:04:39 compu kernel kern Debug Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal.
05/02/13 21:04:39 compu kernel kern Debug Kext com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal failed to load (0xdc008016).
05/02/13 21:04:39 compu kernel kern Debug Failed to load kext com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal (error 0xdc008016).
05/02/13 21:05:53 compu com.apple.kextd[10] com.apple.kextd Error Load com.apple.nvidia.nvGK100hal failed; removing personalities.

gui finally loads, lets me choose user, but when mine starts, KP when SleepDisplay.app starts in the beginning
the issue deals with graphic drivers

UPDATE: I HAD WRONG PATCHED LIBRARIES... AFTER A METICULOUS REVISION, I FINALLY BOOT SUCCESFULLY WITH SINETEK (AND SINETEK_PP) ON: AMD ATHLON X2 7850BE KUMA 2.8@3.0 (sinetek arch=x86_64 busratio=15 -force64 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096)

compu:~ cc$ ls -la /usr/lib/dyld*
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 12 Feb 5 23:21 /usr/lib/dyld -> dyld.patched
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1054960 Sep 12 18:57 /usr/lib/dyld.original
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1054960 Feb 5 12:27 /usr/lib/dyld.patched
compu:~ cc$ shasum /usr/lib/dyld*
82f2acf315deba4159d875c4f5ddb32ad446a2ee /usr/lib/dyld
dc342bfc72ed4b573be31e09ec15f341b779caeb /usr/lib/dyld.original
82f2acf315deba4159d875c4f5ddb32ad446a2ee /usr/lib/dyld.patched

compu:~ cc$ ls -la /usr/lib/libSystem.B.*
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 25 Feb 5 23:25 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib -> libSystem.B.dylib.patched
-r-xr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 6890816 Feb 5 19:29 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.original
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 6890816 Sep 25 01:04 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched
compu:~ cc$ shasum /usr/lib/libSystem.B.*
79243b17198f60c349c333966bc50b88ee19e134 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
730e798187ca650d2f5a441aa564bd197bdd1d57 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.original
79243b17198f60c349c333966bc50b88ee19e134 /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched

compu:~ cc$ uname -a
Darwin compu.local 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Mon 19 Dec 2011 14:00:49 UTC; legacy kernel v6 :xnu-1504.15.3-sinetek/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

ps: sinetek: very thank you for making this kernel !!! i would be glad to help you in the testing of newer versions.

URGENT UPDATE: KERNEL PANIC. i think its because of this message:
06/02/13 00:08:55 localhost kernel kern Debug configd (map: 0xffffff800b4442e8) triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff800b4442e8, region 0x7fff81600000->0x7fff81800000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.
also, kernel_task memory foorprint grows up to 650MB !!
Attached File  IMG_20130206_003030.jpg   179.06KB   18 downloads

Edited by bcobco, 06 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Why can't I run the Legacy Kernel in 64 bit mode ?

My Config :

Phenom 960T

Gt 210

bcobco

bcobco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
thementalist, check if you are using the patched dyld and libSystem.B.dylib instead of the originals.
once you switch to patched versions, do update_dyld_shared_cache

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

thementalist, check if you are using the patched dyld and libSystem.B.dylib instead of the originals.
once you switch to patched versions, do update_dyld_shared_cache

Is there tut on this ?

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 443 posts

Is there tut on this ?

First set a Password on your account if you do not have one already set.

Download
"amd_insn_patcher"
Find it here: http://cl.ly/2e1H2S0g352K0q2l170M

extract it to the desktop,

Then click on spotlight (the magnify glass on the top right)
Type: "terminal"

With terminal open type "sudo"

Drag "amd_insn_patcher" to terminal, the find the following

/System/Library/QuickTime/
QuickTimeComponents.component
(Right Click and click Show Package Contents)
/Contents/MacOS/
Drag "QuickTimeComponents" to terminal TWICE and press enter, then type your password.

then type sudo again, Drag "amd_insn_patcher" to terminal, the find the following
/usr/lib/
Drag "libSystem.B.dylib" to terminal TWICE and press enter.

then type sudo again, Drag "amd_insn_patcher" to terminal, the find the following
/usr/lib/
Drag "dyld to terminal TWICE and press enter.

The folder "usr" will be hidden so alternatively you can do this.

Open terminal and change to the directory that contains the files from the zip to the desktop like so:
cd Desktop/amd_insn_patcher/

Now type the following (or copy and paste in terminal, to paste in terminal right click in the terminal windows and press paste)

sudo ./amd_insn_patcher /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents

Press Enter
Type in your password.

sudo ./amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Press Enter
sudo ./amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/dyld /usr/lib/dyld

Press Enter

Why can't I run the Legacy Kernel in 64 bit mode ?

My Config :

Phenom 960T

Gt 210

Are you booting with -force64? what kernel are you using in the legacy range (i.e: nawcom 10.6.8 legacy_kernel)

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Are you booting with -force64? what kernel are you using in the legacy range (i.e: nawcom 10.6.8 legacy_kernel)

I am using the Nawcom kernel .

djmulko

djmulko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anybody upload orginal dylibs files from /usr/lib for OSX 10.6.8 10K549?

nikosd

nikosd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i have a phenom ii x6 1055 processor amd with 4 gigabytes of ram,i can boot to macos 10.6.8 with arch=x86_64 but i cant use more than cpus=1 if iuse cpus=6 then i get waiting for root device when accessing the firewire port,(my sound card is a focusrite saffire firewire and works fine with voodoo.kext),another problem is that if i use cpus=2 then it boots however i lose graphics acceleration on my nvidia gts 250 that otherwise works ok.

Strange part is that it sees that i have 1 processor with 6 threads,
My boot kernel options are mach_kernel arch=x86_64 maxmem=4096 -v.
Also what is the correct way to patch dyld and other system files with the amd patcher?i tried to follow some guides but after patching dyld it said illegal instruction and then mac crashed after boot then kernel panics and errors and had to restart,notice i did all patch while i was running 64 bit.
Please can someone help?Activity monitor shows 6 cores of the processor but only one is being used,when i use cpus=2 2 are active.But cpus=6 makes me halt at still waiting for root when accessing the firewire port.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 443 posts

i have a phenom ii x6 1055 processor amd with 4 gigabytes of ram,i can boot to macos 10.6.8 with arch=x86_64 but i cant use more than cpus=1 if iuse cpus=6 then i get waiting for root device when accessing the firewire port,(my sound card is a focusrite saffire firewire and works fine with voodoo.kext),another problem is that if i use cpus=2 then it boots however i lose graphics acceleration on my nvidia gts 250 that otherwise works ok.

Strange part is that it sees that i have 1 processor with 6 threads,
My boot kernel options are mach_kernel arch=x86_64 maxmem=4096 -v.
Also what is the correct way to patch dyld and other system files with the amd patcher?i tried to follow some guides but after patching dyld it said illegal instruction and then mac crashed after boot then kernel panics and errors and had to restart,notice i did all patch while i was running 64 bit.
Please can someone help?Activity monitor shows 6 cores of the processor but only one is being used,when i use cpus=2 2 are active.But cpus=6 makes me halt at still waiting for root when accessing the firewire port.

Had the same problem (Also have a 1055T), TSC Sync problem. You can either create a DSDT override (I can't help you with that as I have no clue myself, I will get around to it as some people say it is easy), or the easiest! Load the VoodooTSCSync.kext (I used the one from iAtkos ML2 as others I've used in the pass have killed my setup untill I delete them). To load it drag into Kext Utility, both can be found here https://www.dropbox....clrr/d0HJeoqABI

nikosd

nikosd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Had the same problem (Also have a 1055T), TSC Sync problem. You can either create a DSDT override (I can't help you with that as I have no clue myself, I will get around to it as some people say it is easy), or the easiest! Load the VoodooTSCSync.kext (I used the one from iAtkos ML2 as others I've used in the pass have killed my setup untill I delete them). To load it drag into Kext Utility, both can be found here https://www.dropbox....clrr/d0HJeoqABI

Thank you :) do i have to remove any other kexts or change my kernel boot options?If i use this kext will i be able to boot cpus=6 ?
I will use it,i have learned how to create dsdt files in the past,now system runs ok,audio is fine,gfx is fine,usb ports work,dvd recorder,but i have to fix the cpu stuff.I am not home now but when i go i will try to install it,then i will do repair permissions

Download
"amd_insn_patcher"
Find it here: http://cl.ly/2e1H2S0g352K0q2l170M

extract it to the desktop,

Then click on spotlight (the magnify glass on the top right)
Type: "terminal"

With terminal open type "sudo"

Drag "amd_insn_patcher" to terminal, the find the following

/System/Library/QuickTime/
QuickTimeComponents.component
(Right Click and click Show Package Contents)
/Contents/MacOS/
Drag "QuickTimeComponents" to terminal TWICE and press enter, then type your password.

/usr/lib/
Drag "libSystem.B.dylib" to terminal TWICE and press enter.

/usr/lib/
Drag "dyld to terminal TWICE and press enter.

The folder "usr" will be hidden so alternatively you can do this.

Open terminal and change to the directory that contains the files from the zip to the desktop like so:
cd Desktop/amd_insn_patcher/

Now type the following (or copy and paste in terminal, to paste in terminal right click in the terminal windows and press paste)

sudo ./amd_insn_patcher /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents

Press Enter
Type in your password.

sudo ./amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Press Enter
sudo ./amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/dyld /usr/lib/dyld

Press Enter

I have tried this with legacy kernel and this one posted on this thread both in 32 bit mode,on -force64 mode and on arch=x86_64 there must be something wrong for some computers because as soon as dyld is patched system is destroyed there is an illegal instruction,and the i cant do anything if i reboot system kernel panics and i cant fix and i have to reinstall,

how are you patching those files?I definetely followed all tutorials correctly and used the terminal commands correct.I cannot finish the commands because as soon as dyld is patched then whatever i paste after it says illegal instructions,i checked forums and many people have problem with this.Can someone help?

I haven't used marvin's amd utility after installing the mac and updating to 10.6.8
what i did was install 10.6.2 update to 10.6.8 install legacy kernel apply fixes and rollback usb kext.Managed to boot with legacy kernel and with this one on the thread with options arch=i386 ,or arch=x86_64 (only for the one on this thread other kp) and arch=i386 -force64 for legacy kernel.
Did NOT use marvin amd at all,and i believe dyld files and other system files are not patched or changed.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 443 posts

Thank you :) do i have to remove any other kexts or change my kernel boot options?If i use this kext will i be able to boot cpus=6 ?
I will use it,i have learned how to create dsdt files in the past,now system runs ok,audio is fine,gfx is fine,usb ports work,dvd recorder,but i have to fix the cpu stuff.I am not home now but when i go i will try to install it,then i will do repair permissions

No need to boot with any cpus kernel flag, download both, drag voodootsc to kext utility and it will install and repair all for you, BUT you can do it in a DSDT override which is better, but try the kext way first.

As the patching, it's so strange. Maybe later i'll upload my version of the insn patcher

bcobco

bcobco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
about dyld and libSystem.B.dylib patching:

each time you copypaste any line into a terminal, first of all: read the sentence, and read what that program do in the manual
"man nameoftheprogram"
or "nameoftheprogram --help"
this will let you think about what its happening, and what can be the problem if something goes wrong.

__what you have to do is to make system use one files (patched) instead of other files (original)__

first of all , lets go to directory /usr/lib with a tool named "cd", wich means "change directory"
you can always check where you are with a tool named "pwd", wich means "print working directory"

lets see what files are here wih "ls" aka list. you will see a lot of lines.
you can pass this output to another tools like "grep" "head" "tail" "less" "more" ... with whis character | a.k.a. the vertical bar.
there are other modifiers like > < see your terminal (usually bash or sh) documentation for more-
for example type "ls | less" as command. now you are creating something like a pipe between "ls" and "less".
for more interesting options see "man ls" or "ls --help" and "man grep" for example.

after we know thaw we have to deal with 2 specific system files (the system will look for that specific names), lets see it a bit more:
"ls -l dyld" -l modifier shows more information, but you will see only dyld. if you put dyld? (with and interrogation) you will see dyld with any following character. if you put dyld* you will see dyld with any following string.

at this point you should have seen those two files. lets make a copy of them just in case something goes wrong. here you can use the "cp" tool, wich means copy. here it is an example first of all, read "man cp" and then "cp dyld dyld.original" do the same with the other file you want to patch.

now we have to apply some threatment to those original files. the threatment program is "amd_insn_patcher" it has no helpful documentation, but i can tell you that it works like this "amd_insn_patcher inputfile outputfile", reads from inputfile and writes to outputfile. for example, "amd_insn_patcher dyld.original dyld.patched"

since original and patched files will be almost the same in size, we will use a tool that sums all zeroes and ones (that of course will be different). some of this tools are "md5" and "shasum". "md5 dyld*" will let you identify according to whats inside, despite they have the same size!

please check that permissions are the same (ls -la dyld*) as the originals. if not, you can fix this with "chmod" "chown" "chgrp". again, man chmod, man chgrp, ...
since everything has been done as root, i hope they are the same. if you are not sure, do a permissions repair after all of this.

when you did a full list of directory items (ls -la) you can notice files that has for example "libsomething -> libsomething.123456789"
libsomething is a link to libsomething.123456789. the system will check for "libsomething", and the filesystem will point to his corresponding. links are very useful as you see!
so, i will use the same technique, with a tool named "ln" with means link. again, read "man ln" and "ln --help" to see the possible modifiers. i will help you here: you have to create symbolic links: here it is an example

"ln -vis dyld.original dyld" will create a link named "dyld" that points to "dyld.original"
you can change to patched ones if you are brave enough. do the same with libSys.B...

in a post i wrote the other day (the one with a KP photo) there are some outputs i copied, you can use to compare. except for permissions (i have something wrong here... my fault) outputs will be similar.

well, i hope somebody learns something new.
remember after altering those important system files, to do an "update_dyld_shared_cache -force"

edit: you can type "man man" too to read the manual of the manual.

Edited by bcobco, 08 February 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 443 posts
@bcobco

Awesome work explaining the terminal commands and swapping out (I remember you had to do this on the legacy_kernel to swap as mach_kernel to get VMWare Fusion working)

@nikosd

I'm gonna PM you as to not grow this thread any bigger and maybe working together we can push out a start to finish tutorial with patching and so on. (@Deltac0's tutorial on the previous pages works!)

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I am facing the stupidest issues , have installed n number of times but either I cannot go further than "transfer from a mac" screen or after all installation it either reboots. I have used SL 10.6.8 with Nawcom legacy kernel on the same system except I had a HD 5450 earlier but now it has gone kaput and I cannot use my other card the HD 7750 in SL , because of that I went and bought the Asus EN210 1GB. I think I am facing those problems because of this card. Once setup the system will run smooth but after a day or two the system will start giving problems and now I cannot even boot into my Lion partition it just reboots after saying "Header Size Incorrect " damn I have to reinstall SL and LION all over again.

I did try Sinetek PP kernel but that used to sit at USBF: :(.

Let me install everything all over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy