iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

dzj

dzj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Basic Research - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Technology
Thanks for your help!

I found that MacPro 2,1 originates from an smbios.plist that was provided by http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47 together with the instructions, how to install 10.8 on MacPros from 2006/2007. I replaced the entry in this smbios.plist with MacPro3,1, but this did not change anything. I will now clear the NVRAM and start over with the new smbios.plist.

I just did

$nvram -c

reboot

PlatformUUID remains the same. Rebooting this machine into OSX 10.7.2 of another HardDisk results in a different PlatformUUID, while MLB is unchanged. Another boot into 10.8.2 and that PlatformUUID is the same as it was before looking at OSX 10.7.2. Presumably, the change in PlatformUUID depended on the versions of chameleon that I used before (2.2 svn 2168, 2171 and 2172: therefore, two changes for going to 2171 and then 2172).

Anyway, the problem with iMessage is still not solved for me. Despite having MacPro3,1 in smbios.plist now.

PS:

./imessage_debug
2013-01-26 01:18:58.147 imessage_debug[591:707] Gq3489ugfi: <cecef0c3 115fe1c5 5a3d9897 4b1462f1 25>
2013-01-26 01:18:58.150 imessage_debug[591:707] Fyp98tpgj: <ed820c68 505735b2 86f3f590 d6f08ad9 20>
2013-01-26 01:18:58.151 imessage_debug[591:707] kbjfrfpoJU: <ce09187e 0277aa7a 1da4cd3b 5ab8cc74 cf>
2013-01-26 01:18:58.152 imessage_debug[591:707] IOPlatformSerialNumber: C11digitsno
2013-01-26 01:18:58.152 imessage_debug[591:707] IOPlatformUUID: D89EC069-B89B-5984-8AAA-BCC663A59F8B
2013-01-26 01:18:58.153 imessage_debug[591:707] board-id: Mac-F4208DC8
2013-01-26 01:18:58.153 imessage_debug[591:707] product-name: MacPro3,1
2013-01-26 01:18:58.154 imessage_debug[591:707] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <0017f203 fc5e>
2013-01-26 01:18:58.154 imessage_debug[591:707] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: C11digitsno4KBXO
2013-01-26 01:18:58.155 imessage_debug[591:707] oycqAZloTNDm: <996c35d8 c73e5adf 297128a5 eb6ddc6c d7>
2013-01-26 01:18:58.155 imessage_debug[591:707] abKPld1EcMni: <fb8c83ee 86c0a6ac eb50d279 e2ca64a7 fe>

PPS: I tried the whole procedure now with the PlatformUUID from 10.7.2, but this did not work either.

PPPS: Now the result of

ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

changes with every restart of 10.8.2 when I reenter PlatformUUID into org.chameleon.Boot.plist as

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>PlatformUUID</string>

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
You have real MacPro 1,1 correct? You maybe need some clarification from the Devs on this, since the fix is geared toward hackintoshes which do not use nvram natively, so loading all the values from plist may not work the same for real mac. Your using real mac was not too clear and I usually assume hackintosh around here. Take a look at voodooprojects SF page and recent issue discussed applied to your scenario as well as messages, not sure if this works on unsupported MacPros yet

mendietinha

mendietinha

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

Are you using newer mac model in smbios with 12 digit serial?

Credit card linked to account? This seems to be the key for others with this problem.

i havent acess to a credit card :( thanks

do you know why my facetime is crashing after this chameleon fix?

dzj

dzj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks. I went to voodooprojects.org, but did not find this discussion. I seem to have solved the problem with the changing

PlatformUUID, but imessage still does not work.

Instead of

<key>SMSystemboard</key>
<string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>

my smbios.plist contained

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

I do not remember how this entry was changed. The change back to <key>SMSystemboard</key> (as in the original "Extra" from

provided by http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47) brought back the original PlatformUUID. My smbios.plist is now

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMSystemboard</key>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.XXZ.00XX.X05.0XXXXXXXX0</string>
<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1026</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C11DIGITSNO</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

knx

knx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I wonder if you have seen this: http://www.osx86.net...-chameleon.html

It worked for me.

mendietinha

mendietinha

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

Hey guys, I wonder if you have seen this: http://www.osx86.net...-chameleon.html

It worked for me.

damn mate. read the posts.

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Quick question:
Attached File  Képernyőfotó 2013-01-27 - 16.00.43.png   89.69KB   82 downloads

Is there any way to change the identifier with the red underline? If yes, how?
It should be equal with the System profiler > Hardware > Hardware UUID value?

Edit:
Tried to modify with sudo pico nvram.<random numbers>.plist, and with this method, I f***ed up the whole thing, apple policy kext KP at boot...
So is there any other method to change that identifier?

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Quick question:
Attached File  Képernyőfotó 2013-01-27 - 16.00.43.png   89.69KB   82 downloads

Is there any way to change the identifier with the red underline? If yes, how?
It should be equal with the System profiler > Hardware > Hardware UUID value?

No it should not match the hardware UUID

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
But everyone have the same identifier in nvram... is that normal? I mean... on real macs, it's different on each machine... or not?

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

But everyone have the same identifier in nvram... is that normal? I mean... on real macs, it's different on each machine... or not?

Yes, these variables are the same on all machines.

dzj

dzj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I could briefly sign into iMessage, exchanged actually a few messages and then a dialog appeared that iMessage cannot be used and I was back where I started this morning. Subsequent attempts to login failed although I did not change anything

current smbios.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMSystemboard</key>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>07/02/07</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP21.ZZZ.YYYY.{censored}.1234512345</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1026</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro2,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C11DIGITSNO</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Just happened again. I was briefly signed in and then kicked out within seconds (getting the contact support message).

I will save this and try to replace it with a smbioplist for MacPro 3,1 generated with chameleon wizard.

This did not help (contact support message again). What is odd is that a few days ago,

PlatformUUID changed with changes to smbios.plist. Since the last two days, it seems stable and does not change anymore (not sure what caused this earlier).

I now find that PlatformUUID changes when I include a key for the SystemID in org.chameleon.Boot.plist . Apparently, this should not be done on a real Mac

froalskiner

froalskiner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Ok, I'm back up. I don't have an iOS device so I had to use the CC route. I updated my CC in the App Store and was able to log in. It logged me out after a minute, but I logged back in again and it seems to be working. This is what I did

Delete /extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib
reboot
Delete /extra/nvram.UID.plist
reboot
copy FileNVRM.dylib back to Modules
reboot
open APp Store
In menu click Store-View My Account
Change the payment type (In my case I went from Paypal to a CC)
Start Messages app
go to preferences

Hopefully this helps somebody!

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Yes, these variables are the same on all machines.

If that long identifier is the same on everything (on real macs too), then why is it needed? :unsure:

edit: is it possible to add a fake credit card or something to an apple id?

Carstiman

Carstiman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
hello, i´ve got the problem with my older MacPro 3,1 E7600 / Asus P5K Pro Board behind i installed the FileNVRAM.dylib Module.

chameleon 2171 boots allways with ignore caches and i ám unable to mount my Win (NTFS) and EFI Volume.

The Imessage Clover fix worked for me but with Clover the loader stops behind the 7 at the dot if i shut down the computer. restart with boot works well.

Attached Files

dtcalvin

dtcalvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Are you using newer mac model in smbios with 12 digit serial?
Credit card linked to account? This seems to be the key for others with this problem.

thanks!! i modified my apple id account from NONE to VISA cc,and it worked!! just activated on hacintosh without a login onto ios devices!!

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod
Congrats. :D
Your success just makes me want to give it a shot asap. :D

dtcalvin

dtcalvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
GL!!

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
OK guys, I also got it working as well. My mistake was that I was removing the /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib after the creation of nvram.XXXXX.plist in /Extra. It appears that for this to work, you need it permanently running in /Extra/modules/ ?

However, I got two questions, hope to get a reply from you:

1. Did you notice that now, with the presence of /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib, chameleon always boots in -v verbose mode, even without the -v flag set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

meklort, did you perhaps do this forced, due to the use of FileNVRAM.dylib? Or did it keep in the settings the fact that I forced-booted -v myself? I am using the latest chameleon r2181 from svn...

2. I setup my serial number OK using the command:

sudo nvram BIG-KEY-FROM-NVRAM-FILE:MLB=SMBIOSERIAL123456

but whe I tried setting the MAC address of my ethernet card by using:

sudo nvram BIG-KEY-FROM-NVRAM-FILE:ROM=%00%04%1e%fa%e1%01

the result later when running nvram -px is not the string I entered, but something else like a cropped string such as "%00$%1e%fa%e1Q". Is this normal?

Anyone, guys?

However, experimenting with a solution kinda screwed up my other Apple device logins, e.g. my iPad and MacBook Pro. I logged out and re-logged in to see what happens, and it failed the first time ;-)

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 256 posts

the result later when running nvram -px is not the string I entered, but something else like a cropped string such as "%00$%1e%fa%e1Q". Is this normal?

Yes.
By the way, you can always copy nvram.xxxx.plist to Desktop and then open it in some plist editor and then check if MAC address bytes are correct in there.

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 136 posts

OK guys, I also got it working as well. My mistake was that I was removing the /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib after the creation of nvram.XXXXX.plist in /Extra. It appears that for this to work, you need it permanently running in /Extra/modules/ ?

Yes, you need the module installed for the module to work.

However, I got two questions, hope to get a reply from you:

1. Did you notice that now, with the presence of /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib, chameleon always boots in -v verbose mode, even without the -v flag set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

The module causes the boot-args to be saved and restored automatically on reboot. You may change this by using the nvram command or by updating the boot args in the boot console.

2. I setup my serial number OK using the command:

sudo nvram BIG-KEY-FROM-NVRAM-FILE:MLB=SMBIOSERIAL123456

The value you listed corresponds to what you entered. You can also use the following command to get a human readable representation:

sudo defaults read /Extra/nvram*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy