iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

i have iMessage Activation pop-up after do this tut =.=

And before you implemeted this method ?

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

And before you implemeted this method ?

Can't loggin and then out with another pop-up :)

Edited : I was using iMessage again with replace filenvram and signed in 5 minutes on iPhone then sign in on Mac ! Worked
  • p.H likes this

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod
Congrats :D

Dil83

Dil83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Is there anyway to keep Find My Mac enabled after a reboot?

I also would like to know if this is possible? Shouldn't we just be able to add a key & value to the nvram.uuid.plist to enable it upon boot?

By the way, iMessage also working great here!

Thanks!!!!!

Dil83

froalskiner

froalskiner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Modules should be inside Extra. If it's not there, create it. :)

Ok, I created the modules folder, copied the FileNVRAM.dylib file into the folder. Updated Chameleon to 2170. On reboot, the nvram auto-generated with a bunch of zeros. iMessage now gives me a Contact Support message. I logged into iCloud on my MBA (lion)but I'm still getting the contact support message.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,940 posts

froalskiner

froalskiner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I have lion on my mba (work laptop) so no imessage. Am I stuck?

Adam1203

Adam1203

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I also would like to know if this is possible? Shouldn't we just be able to add a key & value to the nvram.uuid.plist to enable it upon boot?

By the way, iMessage also working great here!

Thanks!!!!!

Dil83

I was using a NVRAM launch daemon found in another thread, but now with Chameleon injecting NVRAM at boot... the launchdaemon won't work.

I looked at the nvram.uuid.plist and the FMM token is there, it seems like it's missing the part that tells it to enable.

cosmo1t

cosmo1t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Developers
  • 98 posts
JESUS.

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=my mac address

reboot.

Toonces Katt

Toonces Katt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

JESUS.

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=my mac address

reboot.

I assume this is for me. Thank you. I just tried that. Had to remove the generated values using nvram -d then added the correct values. First just the MAC address and a reboot, then when that didn't work, I changed the serial and rebooted again. The pic shows where it's at right now. All of the UUID values have the same serial number and MAC address. If there's any other information I can provide, please let me know. I appreciate your assistance!

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 6.54.01 AM.png   973.15KB   187 downloads

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
fix works like a charm, thanks

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I assume this is for me. Thank you. I just tried that. Had to remove the generated values using nvram -d then added the correct values. First just the MAC address and a reboot, then when that didn't work, I changed the serial and rebooted again. The pic shows where it's at right now. All of the UUID values have the same serial number and MAC address. If there's any other information I can provide, please let me know. I appreciate your assistance!

I think you just need to start over from scratch. Remove the module from /Extra/modules, reboot, then delete /Extra/nvram.*.plist, then reboot, then copy the module back to /Extra/modules, reboot. Try iMessage. Don't mess with nvram, don't edit the files, just try iMessage.

cosmo1t

cosmo1t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Developers
  • 98 posts
or. use nvram -d to delete all 6 of those UUID:ROM/UUID:MLB values
reboot.

JasonHUN

JasonHUN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi! Please give me a STEP BY STEP FIX tutorial!
What i need? How?
Thank you!

Toonces Katt

Toonces Katt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

I think you just need to start over from scratch. Remove the module from /Extra/modules, reboot, then delete /Extra/nvram.*.plist, then reboot, then copy the module back to /Extra/modules, reboot. Try iMessage. Don't mess with nvram, don't edit the files, just try iMessage.

I tried this. removed the module, rebooted and removed the nvram files in / & /Extra then rebooted again. Pic1 shows nvram -xp after removals.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.02.42 AM.png   38.48KB   146 downloads

I put the module back and rebooted allowing everything to be generated from scratch. pic2 shows the error and nvram -xp.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.06.47 AM.png   224.88KB   179 downloads

Lastly, I changed just the ROM value from all 0 to my MAC address and rebooted again. Pic 3 shows the error and nvram -xp.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.22.30 AM.png   800.59KB   130 downloads

Please let me know if I can provide anything else. iMessage not working on mine with Chameleon but it does work with Clover from a USB stick. Is there something else I should be looking at? certs or anything that might be associated with logging in with Clover? If there's anything I can provide, please let me know. I need to get some work done so I won't keep bugging you but am happy to give anything a try or provide any info from my system that may help. Thank You cosmo1t, rcork & meklort for your assistance. I appreciate it and your contributions to the Hac community.

Best Regards,

E

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I tried this. removed the module, rebooted and removed the nvram files in / & /Extra then rebooted again. Pic1 shows nvram -xp after removals.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.02.42 AM.png   38.48KB   146 downloads

I put the module back and rebooted allowing everything to be generated from scratch. pic2 shows the error and nvram -xp.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.06.47 AM.png   224.88KB   179 downloads

Lastly, I changed just the ROM value from all 0 to my MAC address and rebooted again. Pic 3 shows the error and nvram -xp.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.22.30 AM.png   800.59KB   130 downloads

Please let me know if I can provide anything else. iMessage not working on mine with Chameleon but it does work with Clover from a USB stick. Is there something else I should be looking at? certs or anything that might be associated with logging in with Clover? If there's anything I can provide, please let me know. I need to get some work done so I won't keep bugging you but am happy to give anything a try or provide any info from my system that may help. Thank You cosmo1t, rcork & meklort for your assistance. I appreciate it and your contributions to the Hac community.

Best Regards,

E

Download and run THIS from the command line (i.e Terminal). Take a screenshot and post it. Also, attach your /Extra/smbios.plist.

Toonces Katt

Toonces Katt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Download and run THIS from the command line (i.e Terminal). Take a screenshot and post it. Also, attach your /Extra/smbios.plist.

Done.
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.51.33 AM.png   145.99KB   269 downloads
Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   499bytes   33 downloads

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Done.
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 8.51.33 AM.png   145.99KB   269 downloads
Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   499bytes   33 downloads

Ok two things. First, what version of OSX are you running? Second, i thought the MLB was supposed to be 17 characters but yours is 16. Lets try changing it, reboot and try iMessage again.

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=CK916531XYL123456

If it still doesn't work, run imessage_debug again and make sure the MLB is the correct length.

JasonHUN

JasonHUN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Posted Image
No working! :(

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 273 posts
Just a note: ROM is suppose to contain MAC address of your primary network card. Although, it seems it's not important at all for now.

But, if you still want to set ROM to your MAC address, then do it like this: if MAC address is f1:2a:14:52:9a:60 (note: it's 6 bytes) then do
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%f1%2a%14%52%9a%60

For binary data: %<byte as two hex char>%<byte as two hex char>%<byte as two hex char>...

and not as
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=f12a14529a60

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy