iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

hamzab

418 posts in this topic

Does anyone have access to a real MacPro5,1 or MacPro4,1?

In case you do, could you please post or send me the output of the following command via terminal:

echo `nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB`[end] `nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM`[end]

(I added the [end] as I suspect the MLB may have some spaces at the end)

I also added 5 more characters at the end of an orig serial number (MBP8,1) to make it 17 char long, and have no problem to sign in and out.

Your hack use desktop's smbios ? How about the serial ? Is the serial your real MBP's or the fake one for desktop ?

My config.plist is like this;

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>C02XXXXXXXXX</string>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C02XXXXXXXXXFAU7I</string>
</dict>

BTW, the serial number comes from real MBP.

hello, got it working again with Chameleon 2157, Mac mini 5,1

and ABCDE at the end of the generated serial from Chameleon Wizzard.

tried it with Mac Pro 3.1 too but no luck.

i hope it could help :)

Are you saying Chameleon has been updated to populate the MLB and ROM variables?

Are you saying Chameleon has been updated to populate the MLB and ROM variables?

i don´t know. i just tried it and i could log in again.

could log in as MacPro3,1 again too.

i boot with Clover980 from USB and behind i could log in i boot from HD with Cham. 2157

just want to share it. but can´t tell you why it works

Following the change log of chameleon, it seems chameleon is not capable of at the moment.

i don´t know. i just tried it and i could log in again.

could log in as MacPro3,1 again too.

i boot with Clover980 from USB and behind i could log in i boot from HD with Cham. 2157

just want to share it. but can´t tell you why it works

Once you succeeded with clover, unless you log off your message again, it should work fine regardless of your bootloader.

I want to share my experience about iMessage login problem. I hope you Dev team find more hint from my experience.

I was using iMessage after I switch from Chameleon to Clover, and fix login error.

Everything was good.

Today I try to change my config.plst of Clover for experiment.

I was using customUUID in config.plist. and InjectSystemID option was 'No".

I just change from "No" to "Yes", and the other options are all same.

After I reboot I cannot login iMessage, and I met popup to call Apple Care whenever I try to login.

I revoke my config.plist right away (From"Yes" to "No"), and reboot.

Try login, but still I cannot login to iMessage. "call Apple Care" popup again.

I can resolve login error following next process.

1.First, I click to "Forgot Password?"

2.I make new Password following the process.

3.First login iCloud on computer,and second iPhone using new Password.

4.Finally I try to login iMessage, then I got a mail from Apple on my iPhone.

"Dear {censored},

Your Apple ID (xxxxxxx@xxxx.xx) was used to sign in to iMessage on a Mac Pro named “{censored}'s MacPro”.

If you have not recently set up a Mac Pro with your Apple ID, then you should change your Apple ID password…."

5.Finally I can login iMessage again. Voila !!

I want to share my experience about iMessage login problem. I hope you Dev team find more hint from my experience.

I was using iMessage after I switch from Chameleon to Clover, and fix login error.

Everything was good.

Today I try to change my config.plst of Clover for experiment.

I was using customUUID in config.plist. and InjectSystemID option was 'No".

I just change from "No" to "Yes", and the other options are all same.

After I reboot I cannot login iMessage, and I met popup to call Apple Care whenever I try to login.

I revoke my config.plist right away (From"Yes" to "No"), and reboot.

Try login, but still I cannot login to iMessage. "call Apple Care" popup again.

I can resolve login error following next process.

1.First, I click to "Forgot Password?"

2.I make new Password following the process.

3.First login iCloud on computer,and second iPhone using new Password.

4.Finally I try to login iMessage, then I got a mail from Apple on my iPhone.

"Dear {censored},

Your Apple ID (xxxxxxx@xxxx.xx) was used to sign in to iMessage on a Mac Pro named “{censored}'s MacPro”.

If you have not recently set up a Mac Pro with your Apple ID, then you should change your Apple ID password…."

5.Finally I can login iMessage again. Voila !!

The reason why you're able to sign in is perhaps that you'v used your id in idevice!

Meaning you're telling Apple that this id can be used for message because it has been confirmed by your iphone. :D

Though it's been widely suggested using the idevice to activate your id if you come across problems, you just confirmed it again :D

What did you get about the error?

same as before The server encountered an error processing registration, the odd thing is when i try to logout to my idevice, and login using my account it is saying wrong password, even though i entered the correct one.

same as before The server encountered an error processing registration, the odd thing is when i try to logout to my idevice, and login using my account it is saying wrong password, even though i entered the correct one.

If you're using clover and making the right edits, there should not be this error.

I haven't made the jump to Clover yet as I'm waiting for a fix from Chimera/Chameleon. Is there any update(or place to look) on the Chimera side of things to get the fix in place?

It seems that Chameleon is taking steps.

It seems that Chameleon is taking steps.

What gives you that idea?

The difference between chimera and chameleon

static EFI_CHAR16 const FIRMWARE_VENDOR[] = {'C','h','i','m','e','r','a','_','1','.','5', 0};

static EFI_CHAR16 const FIRMWARE_VENDOR[] = {'C','h','a','m','e','l','e','o','n','_','2','.','1', 0};

so if the chameleon team finally fixes this, i'm sure chimera will have a 1.60 that will fix it too.

static EFI_CHAR16 const FIRMWARE_VENDOR[] = {'C','h','i','m','e','r','a','_','1','.','5', 0};

static EFI_CHAR16 const FIRMWARE_VENDOR[] = {'C','h','a','m','e','l','e','o','n','_','2','.','1', 0};

so if the chameleon team finally fixes this, i'm sure chimera will have a 1.60 that will fix it too.

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/07/difference-between-chimera-and.html

p.H is well aware that Chimera is nothing more that a Chameleon branch, which is why he only referenced "Chameleon team". Now if he had said "Chimera team" is working on a fix, that would be funny. It was ErmaC who mentioned to him Chameleon team was looking into it... and that includes you cosmosis, so get to work! :) JK

See the change log for chameleon. It seems they're making improvements.

We have a fix that's currently being polished and tested, it will be released soonish.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/changes/HEAD/

From the change log, someone who knows a little bit more would know that Chameleon is taking measures :D

BTW, good luck and great appreciations. :D

p.H is well aware that Chimera is nothing more that a Chameleon branch, which is why he only referenced "Chameleon team". Now if he had said "Chimera team" is working on a fix, that would be funny. It was ErmaC who mentioned to him Chameleon team was looking into it... and that includes you cosmosis, so get to work! :) JK

:D Of course! I know what chimera did to chameleon! :D

BTW, is cosmo1t a mod in other forums or admin for chameleon ?