Not your ordinary G5 rear I/O board... extending the zammykoo legacy!

terrorgen

105 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for disappearing for quite a while! Things have been busy at work and I have recently moved, so much things to be done!

Anyways as I get settled down in my new place I will resume this project as soon as I can.

I just updated the waiting list.

Stay tuned!

by the way... do any of you guys know where I could get the standoffs which many modders reuse as standoffs for their ATX motherboards? I am short of those and I'll need them to test my designs.

I went to ebay and found nothing. Maybe I didn't search with the right keywords.

Anyone who knows about it please chip in.

Thanks!

home depot or lowes - they are called Binding Posts.

depends... they come in various lengths and various thread types. I got really short ones to use for my PSU conversion, but I know that Lowes had several sizes with several thread types. I would imagine the interwebs has a lot more options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up to terrorgen. I found a USB3.0 hub that uses right angle ports. Unfortunately I can't find where they were obtained from or any sort of schematic for it but, with some effort, it's possible to desolder the ports from the hub and measure out the pin positions to add it to one of these boards.

Food for thought...

• 3 weeks later...

You know what... I think I can start taking orders now. I just installed the one in the picture above in my own g5 case and it works like a champ!

I will let those already in the waiting list have priority. Lead time (from after you pay till you get the item) is about a month, since I am doing this on my spare time and only can do one per day at most.

Again, $40 for the 1 Ethernet version, $50 for the 2 Ethernet version (could take longer if you order this), plus shipping. Please PM me if you want one, and I will send you my PayPal details.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they communicate better with words :)

You'll need to figure out how to mount the board to the case. I will not be including mounting hardware. However, if you have mounting standoffs for the G5 logicboard they will come in handy...

post-3552-0-51702500-1378866897_thumb.jpg

post-3552-0-28334800-1378866931_thumb.jpg

post-3552-0-80107100-1378866948_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...