Instant Reboot at the Apple Logo (Pre-Installation) (Vaio VPCEB46FG)

vaio reboot vpceb46fg stuck Empire EFI

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Congratulations, and thanks for posting what finally worked. I was going to suggest EDID next, but as it can be a bit confusing at first, that was to be the last resort. You even got Messages working so assume appstore and stuff are working as well! For KP's be sure AppleHDA is either deleted or using HDA disabler. You can also try other versions of VoodooHDA, usually at least one of them will be fully stable.

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I finally got it why KP was coming. When I use sleep, my laptop sleeps but when I try to wake it up, it just restarts and then the KP screen comes up. Also, App Store and everything is working just fine. I am using Photoshop, watching HD movies and playing games all are perfect. Just need to sort out this sleep thing.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
now that's a bit trickier, you'll need native power management working, which means need a patched DSDT so that you can boot without NullCPUPowerManagment.kext.

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I am already booting without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. I never copied it to my installation USB and it worked well without it.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
AppleLPC.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext both loaded? you can get list of loaded extensions in terminal using kextstat. Just type "kextstat" without quotes and you can post it if you want and can take a look

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vaio, reboot, vpceb46fg, stuck, Empire EFI

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy