Instant Reboot at the Apple Logo (Pre-Installation) (Vaio VPCEB46FG)

vaio reboot vpceb46fg stuck Empire EFI

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

backup first all graphics kexts, now delete all from S/L/E USBInstaller

Still the same...

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
ok, see if you have SMBIOS in Extra, if you not have you need smbios MacBookPro6,1 and boot with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 or 0x2000 and copy the two kexts from Extra for S/LE USBInstaller

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

ok, see if you have SMBIOS in Extra, if you not have you need smbios MacBookPro6,1 and boot with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 or 0x2000 and copy the two kexts from Extra for S/LE USBInstaller

yes, I have the correct SMBIOS in my Extra and I did what you said. But it's still stuck on "DSMOS has arrived"

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
be patient, Sony Vayo is very difficult for install, you can try delete SMBIOS, and go for S/L/E Usbinstaller and delete AppleIntelCPUPowermanegemente.kext
You have delete all Graphics kexts??? NVidia, ATI, INTEL ???
use always the boot flag

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1

EDIT: USE THIS BOOT FLAG: -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1 busratio=20

try

again!!!!

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

be patient, Sony Vayo is very difficult for install, you can try delete SMBIOS, and go for S/L/E Usbinstaller and delete AppleIntelCPUPowermanegemente.kext
You have delete all Graphics kexts??? NVidia, ATI, INTEL ???
use always the boot flag
-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1

EDIT: USE THIS BOOT FLAG: -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1 busratio=20
try
again!!!!

tried everything, removed all the graphics kext, used those bootflags but still stuck on "DSMOS has arrived". I am sad that I can't even go to the installation :(

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
go for S/L/Caches folder and delete all contain of folder, what MAP of Partition you have Formated your USB , GUID or MBR?? POST a screenshot please!!!

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

go for S/L/Caches folder and delete all contain of folder, what MAP of Partition you have Formated your USB , GUID or MBR?? POST a screenshot please!!!

Removed the cache. I just followed the instructions on olarila and used a software to write the downloaded .raw file to my USB. I think it is GUID. Here's the screenshot.

Posted Image

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
sory, but I need photo of error, boot only with -v -f -x busratio=20 npci=0x2000 and take one photo and poste here

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I need USBBusFix=Yes also otherwise it gets stuck at USBF errors. So I'll try with -v -f -x busratio=20 npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=Yes and post.

Edit: With these commands

Posted Image

Edited by kushsolitary, 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hi!

It looks like a graphics issue. Try adding either PCIRoot=0 (try this first) or PCIRoot=1, with both GraphicsEnabler=Y and GraphicsEnabler=N, to the boot flags you're already using.

Report back, please.

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Hi!

It looks like a graphics issue. Try adding either PCIRoot=0 (try this first) or PCIRoot=1, with both GraphicsEnabler=Y and GraphicsEnabler=N, to the boot flags you're already using.

Report back, please.

Same result with all the four combinations.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
P.S.: if it doesn't work, add -s boot flag (single user) and try this:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /intelhd_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* /intelhd_backup

Then reboot. Maybe this is some problem with your Intel HD. That was common with Lion.

P.P.S.: type the commands exactly as written.

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

P.S.: if it doesn't work, add -s boot flag (single user) and try this:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /intelhd_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* /intelhd_backup

Then reboot. Maybe this is some problem with your Intel HD. That was common with Lion.

I don't have Intel HD and I have already deleted the AppleIntelHD*.kext files alongwith ATI*.kext and NVDA*.kext .
Edit: My inbuilt keyboard doesn't work when using the -s flag. But the USB keyboard works!

See this

Posted Image

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
in the photo OS X INSTALL USB is very Low DISK danger limit, see if you not plug USB in port esata, use other port USB 2.0 and try again

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Wow, that's hard! :D

I'm assuming you have the latest chameleon installed, right? Older versions are unlikely to boot ML.

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

in the photo OS X INSTALL USB is very slow DISK danger limit, see if you not plug USB in port esata, use other port USB 2.0 and try again

I tried all three USB2.0 ports on my laptop

Wow, that's hard! :D

I'm assuming you have the latest chameleon installed, right? Older versions are unlikely to boot ML.

I used this http://www.olarila.c...php?f=27&t=1627 so I assume it is with working Chameleon version.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Well, it's a dead end for me. Don't know what more to advise, except to redo everything from scratch. Wait for other people to help you, but if anything works, try this method: http://myhack.sojuga.../mountain-lion/

Good luck!

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Well, it's a dead end for me. Don't know what more to advise, except to redo everything from scratch. Wait for other people to help you, but if anything works, try this method: http://myhack.sojuga.../mountain-lion/

Good luck!

No problem! Thank you very much for your time :)

I am going to start from scratch now.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
if you have other PC or laptop try boot of installer for test if this boot the installer, this can be your USB is very slow for install, test it

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

if you have other PC or laptop try boot of installer for test if this boot the installer, this can be your USB is very Low for install, test it

Both my other PC and laptop are ancient (with p4/core2duo and 512MB/1GB without AHCI) so there's no chance of boot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vaio, reboot, vpceb46fg, stuck, Empire EFI

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy