10.8.2 Final! (C54)

mitch_de

128 posts in this topic

5 Minutes left ... (from C53 to C54 it seems ) if anything happens i'll use the Apple ACPIPlatform.kext ... (I am already using patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext i'll think I'll keep it as a Backup.

I checked out whats in the 10.8.2 update (the combo update) and so far I see nothing that really makes it worth it if your not totally hooked to hangin on Facebook ofcourse. If you use your computer for real you can safely stay on what you already have if its working ok for you.

• Like 4

...there it is ! :angel_not: ...went back to stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext...correctly corrected ids in gf100 :help:

i also removed voodoohda.kext(used for onboard audio)...i'll re-add it and see if it was only a gfx issue... :worried_anim:

...installed voodoohda.kext with kextwizard and loaded it from there...got sound back as well :wink2:

Why didn't anybody tell me this update was so cool?

Installed on my atom. To anyone who wish to do the same, here's the patched kernel: custom.zip

I did the patch using meklort's patcher: xnu_patcher.zip

P.S.: Used the ACPI rollback preemptively. Thank you, unixservice.

Edited by fantomas1
there's already a thread about Atom and ML, no need to add more discussion ! Thnks
  • Like 2

To the netbook/notebook users:

Did you notice that, despite whatever people say at the App Store reviews, that 10.8.1 and specially 10.8.2 really (the former, consistently) improved battery life compared with Lion?

I cannot enable sleep on my 4-cell netbook, and running Lion it usually lasted 140-160 min. In 10.8.1 it always exceeded 180 min., and in 10.8.2, it already made 100 min, but it has yet 20% (34 min, says the timer) of battery life to go, and started with about 70% when i unplugged the power cord. Amazing.

Did you update via App Store, Xanthrax? With my system was just the same: error message but everything worked as expected after reboot.

mine works fine.

but my battery isn't as good as yours :(

PH, did your battery get better with ML (especially the updates), did it get worse or stayed just the same as with Lion/Snow Leopard?

Remember that mine is a netbook. With Windows 7, it used to get easily 240+ minutes (because of full sleep/speedstep support, which i don't achieve yet with Mountain Lion).