Elan Touchpad Driver

80 posts in this topic

Hi pcnewpinky,

Thank you for the upload! I tried it on my UX31A but unfortunately it doesn't work.. Looks like v4 support is still pretty much in beta form for now.. Hopefully the developer will continue working on it.

Adi

Your Welcome. :wink2:

Did you tried "ApplePS2Controller.kext\Contents\Plugins\ApplePS2Mouse.kext" ? :worried_anim:

Elan drivers not works for my "Elan v5" on "ASUS N53SV" - only this kext "ApplePS2Controller.kext\Contents\Plugins\ApplePS2Mouse.kext" works up to three fingers tapping. :trumpet:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hello. I've been having issues with my trackpad working with the standard ApplePS2controller.kext as well as the voodoops2controller by rehabman.  The closest I've gotten was with the voodoops2controller, where I have full keyboard functionality and relatively full mouse emulation, which the exception of the ability to drag items(i.e. things are released upon moving the cursor).  And honestly, I'm perfectly fine without the ability to use gestures at this point and would be content with being able to click and drag items successfully.

Upon rifling through the nets per the advice of rehab man, I've discovered that my touchpad is from Elantech, which isn't fully supported and I, being the n00b I am, was wondering how I would work with the attached kexts in the OP.  I also don't have more information on what the model of the touchpad is as I've been noticing that throughout this thread, there are references to different versions.  That is, would I use all of the kexts in S/L/E or try them one by one until I find a match for my system?  I am currently running OSX 10.8.2 on a Dell Inspiron 5720 15R SE laptop.  Though not handy with xcode, I do have it installed and am ready to compile it at will and submit a full report back to help anyone else who is experiencing issues.  I appreciate any help.