Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

test npci=0x3000 or 2000 :)' />

I tried that and changing PCI Root. Also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No

Back! Had a little birthday party... :D

Now, I'm extracting the LaunchDaemon from 10.7.4 combo update, replacing the failing one.

I've already got past of "Waiting for root device", with right kexts. Ask if you want some specific kext, I'll upload my version.

I have changed few USB kexts + IOStorage + Filesystem + VIATA + PS2 etc. :)

Can you upload the files you used please?

He said that npci doesn't help.

He needs other version of the PCI kext (can't remember the name, something like IOPCIFamily.kext maybe).

read here http://netkas.org/?p=1053

trying to take the patched IOPCIFamily.kext

I tried that and changing PCI Root. Also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No

Can you upload the files you used please?

I changed too many to remember, just specify which ones you need ;)

read here http://netkas.org/?p=1053

trying to take the patched IOPCIFamily.kext

PCI Configuration begin

To solve the PCI Configuration begin problem there are several ways:

1. NPCI = 0x2000 enter a boot flag. Most data in the cases already leads to the goal, and the system starts up again.

2. In stubborn cases, it helps the files and IOPCIFamily.kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext for 10.6.8 from 10.6.7 and Lion from the DP4 recoup.

3. The other way to fix the problem is to EFi string of graphics card in the file / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / com.apple.Boot.plist, (not in the / Extra folder) write.

(information from the German Hackintosh forum)

We should work really twofold.

Firstly, to a 32-bit version lauffahige Mountain Lion

and on the other we have to our main focus on the SSSE3 emulator, Please do not forget.

PCI Configuration begin

To solve the PCI Configuration begin problem there are several ways:

1. NPCI = 0x2000 enter a boot flag. Most data in the cases already leads to the goal, and the system starts up again.

2. In stubborn cases, it helps the files and IOPCIFamily.kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext for 10.6.8 from 10.6.7 and Lion from the DP4 recoup.

3. The other way to fix the problem is to EFi string of graphics card in the file / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / com.apple.Boot.plist, (not in the / Extra folder) write.

(information from the German Hackintosh forum)

We should work really twofold.

Firstly, to a 32-bit version lauffahige Mountain Lion

and on the other we have to our main focus on the SSSE3 emulator, Please do not forget.

You're right, the main focus should be on the emulator, and replacing the SSSE3 instructions.

The SIMDx86 thing you found could be helpful, but I can't find how it compiles the binaries with SSE3 and SSSE3... Some black magic, maybe?

Or you could apply binary patch to the kernel, but you would need the patch first... :/

Btw, anyone has idea what the error 86 in launchd means? Can't find it anywhere...

I've found little discussion about error 85 (which is something hardware related usually, HDD failing), but the HDD can't be failing same way on 2 machines at same time... :D

I'll try to burn it to DVD and see what it does. :)

Btw, anyone has idea what the error 86 in launchd means? Can't find it anywhere...

I've found little discussion about error 85 (which is something hardware related usually, HDD failing), but the HDD can't be failing same way on 2 machines at same time... :D

I'll try to burn it to DVD and see what it does. :)

I can not help you unfortunately.

you can boot with boot flag -s, repair and upload the image here.

Unfortunately I can not offer anything else

or take all modified hardware kexts from S/L/E and boot again. Then watch what happens

You're right, the main focus should be on the emulator, and replacing the SSSE3 instructions.

The SIMDx86 thing you found could be helpful, but I can't find how it compiles the binaries with SSE3 and SSSE3... Some black magic, maybe?

Or you could apply binary patch to the kernel, but you would need the patch first... :/

here should support all programmer urgently. You should start the download SIMDx86 and start with the experiment.

Edited by spakk

I can not help you unfortunately.

you can boot with boot flag -s, repair and upload the image here.

Unfortunately I can not offer anything else

or take all modified hardware kexts from S/L/E and boot again. Then watch what happens

here should support all programmer urgently. You should start the download SIMDx86 and start with the experiment.

Hi Gils,

I deleted my stupid question, you work with the FX6100 CPU

Hi Deltac0,

do you have a new results?

Yes, I work with the FX 6100 and the Acer 8930G core2duo, I no longer have my phenom x4960t on hand, my son has "borrowed" for the PC gamer!

it's still encouraging to know that the raw kernel darwin 11.4 is able to function a version 11.5 (10.7.5) ! which encouraged me to do research on ML10.8 DP1 is able to boot the kernel raw 11.4

But I'm not strong enough to go further than that, for dévelloppement kernel, I do not understand :wallbash:

611680Capturedcran20120105123949.png

638211Capturedcran20120105124110.png

Hi boys!

@Spakk

I've experimented with the SIMDx86 pretty much now. I can compile it with different instruction sets, but still can't find the SSSE3 part in the source.

The problem with the ML 10.8 DP1 isn't related to kexts, the thing is with launchd (LaunchDaemon). It gives error 86 when trying to boot and the the kernel panics, I posted few pictures on the previous pages.

I've tried loading it from USB-stick and HDD, same panic, which proofs it isn't HDD failing or other device related problem. I'm going to try to solve this now.

@Gils83

Nice to see other people interested booting 10.8 DP1 too.

I can't compile a 10.8 kernel, because I have just SL 10.6.8 (Lion required), and XCode doesn't run on Lion 32-bit.

I've tried with the RAWX86 kernel and ML DP1, seems actually pretty good.

Another thing I noticed when I opened the DP1 installer from my SL installation, it said:

"This version of LION can't be installed to this computer."

It was of course before I modified the installer, but the main thing here is it said LION...

Apple's lazy-ass devs have just copy-pasted? This could be helpful with the 10.7 kernel booting 10.8 DP1. :)

No Problem

Yes, I work with the FX 6100 and the Acer 8930G core2duo, I no longer have my phenom x4960t on hand, my son has "borrowed" for the PC gamer!

it's still encouraging to know that the raw kernel darwin 11.4 is able to function a version 11.5 (10.7.5) ! which encouraged me to do research on ML10.8 DP1 is able to boot the kernel raw 11.4

But I'm not strong enough to go further than that, for dévelloppement kernel, I do not understand :wallbash:

no problem my friend

@Gils83

Nice to see other people interested booting 10.8 DP1 too.

I can't compile a 10.8 kernel, because I have just SL 10.6.8 (Lion required), and XCode doesn't run on Lion 32-bit.

I've tried with the RAWX86 kernel and ML DP1, seems actually pretty good.

Another thing I noticed when I opened the DP1 installer from my SL installation, it said:

"This version of LION can't be installed to this computer."

It was of course before I modified the installer, but the main thing here is it said LION...

Apple's lazy-ass devs have just copy-pasted? This could be helpful with the 10.7 kernel booting 10.8 DP1. :)

another way to install OS X

I do not know if you have an Intel PC.

If you have an Intel PC then you can install on it Mountain Lion (then you can work with xcode 4.4 and can comple the kernel :wink2: ), then you make a clone of your Mountain Lion on the external HDD. Then you pack the modified hardware kexts in S / L / E and than modifid the org.chameleon.boot.plist for your AMD Hackintosh ( I have made many OS X installatonen so, it works). :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by spakk

No Problem

no problem my friend

If you have an Intel PC then you can install on it Mountain Lion (then you can work with xcode 4.4 and can comple the kernel :wink2: ), then you make a clone of your Mountain Lion on the external HDD. Then you pack the modified hardware kexts in S / L / E and than modifid the org.chameleon.boot.plist for your AMD Hackintosh ( I have made many OS X installatonen so, it works). :thumbsup_anim:

Actually I have Atom N450 netbook! :)Will try with it! :)

EDIT: Can't actually do anything, I don't have external HDDs and the netbook has only 20GB HDD (Ubuntu installed), and I don't want to install all those programs again.

Actually I have Atom N450 netbook! :)Will try with it! :)

EDIT: Can't actually do anything, I don't have external HDDs and the netbook has only 20GB HDD (Ubuntu installed), and I don't want to install all those programs again.

is your Atom N450 netbook 64-bit or 32-bit?

http://www.osx86.net...12-kernels.html

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1634

from theconnatic --->> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281072-thoughts-about-mountain-lion-with-atom-yes-atom/

is your Atom N450 netbook 64-bit or 32-bit?

http://www.osx86.net...12-kernels.html

http://olarila.com/f...php?f=19&t=1634

from theconnatic --->> http://www.insanelym...-atom-yes-atom/

Yeah, I know it can boot ML, but I don't have other HDD for it...

EDIT: Do you have Lion (10.7.4) running? On any machine? Could you upload the launchd from it?

It's located @ /sbin/launchd. :)

Yeah, I know it can boot ML, but I don't have other HDD for it...

EDIT: Do you have Lion (10.7.4) running? On any machine? Could you upload the launchd from it?

It's located @ /sbin/launchd. :)

it is a pity that you have no external HDD maybe, in the future you can install on this principle.

:)

But hey, you have that Lion launchd? Could you upload it? :)

what do you exactly need? order to upload it here

No Problem

no problem my friend

yes, I have an intel PC! with ML10.8.2 but I do not know how to use xcode, you can make a tutorial image + explanation please? :help:

994871Capturedcran20121118152859.png

otherwise ML10.8 to install the distro installs via Niresh10.8 OSInstall.mpkg from any PC.

yes, I have an intel PC! with ML10.8.2 but I do not know how to use xcode, you can make a tutorial image + explanation please? :help:

:thumbsup_anim: I agree with you? I would find it very good, so that my old brain cells are required to work. :thumbsup_anim:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll not want to hide this information.

I asked :

Is there a way to boot Mountain Lion on AMD?

nawcom replied me:

and to be honest if i ever find time to get back into getting amd working, i'd focus on getting amd processors that support ssse3 to work, not ones that do not

if you remember in snow leo this caused an issue for a number of 64 bit apps. like h264 and such. made it impossible to run safari or other apps that use it in 64 bit (when it used h264)

but bulldozer amd and other ones that support ssse3 have no issues with it.

in ML there's even more optimized code being used, meaning it would take advantage of ssse3 more often

if you read the specific instructions it adds you can understand why apple would optimize compilation of their products to take advantage of the instructions all their cpus that they use support

http://en.wikipedia....3#Functionality

what should we do?

it would be wonderful if nawcom would here participate in this concept SSSE3 emulator. I think we could learn a lot from him.

:thumbsup_anim: I agree with you? I would find it very good, so that my old brain cells are required to work. :thumbsup_anim:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll not want to hide this information.

I asked :

Is there a way to boot Mountain Lion on AMD?

nawcom replied me:

and to be honest if i ever find time to get back into getting amd working, i'd focus on getting amd processors that support ssse3 to work, not ones that do not

if you remember in snow leo this caused an issue for a number of 64 bit apps. like h264 and such. made it impossible to run safari or other apps that use it in 64 bit (when it used h264)

but bulldozer amd and other ones that support ssse3 have no issues with it.

in ML there's even more optimized code being used, meaning it would take advantage of ssse3 more often

if you read the specific instructions it adds you can understand why apple would optimize compilation of their products to take advantage of the instructions all their cpus that they use support

http://en.wikipedia....3#Functionality

what should we do?

it would be wonderful if nawcom would here participate in this concept SSSE3 emulator. I think we could learn a lot from him.

The file I was needing is the launchd.

It's located in:

/sbin/launchd

of your boot drive. I need the 10.7.4 version. :)

Thanks!

EDIT: I also found an old laptop with Pentium 4 :D I think it doesn't have SSSE3 though...

The file I was needing is the launchd.

It's located in:

/sbin/launchd

of your boot drive. I need the 10.7.4 version. :)

Thanks!

EDIT: I also found an old laptop with Pentium 4 :D I think it doesn't have SSSE3 though...

no Problem,I have deleted it, I think that you have the file now.

I have it, but is it really just empty file?

All I got was 0 bytes of... Well, nothing.

The name was right... :D