Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Holy Cow!!!! I got my ML to stop the Graphic Glitches!!!

I don't know which of these frameworks did it but here is what I did:

Copy the Frameworks of these Lion 10.7.5 ones

/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DisplayServices.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GraphicsAppSupport.framework

To the same folder in ML 10.8.4 and renamed the ML with .bak at the end.

Please can someone else confirm!

Cause you lost QE/CI is why

thx for that. Now I haven't glitches, but, another side, haven't GPU Acceleration. But videocard has normal modeswitch & correct recognized (my previous solution is deletion of kexsts for my video).

post-1143108-0-64254600-1376758496_thumb.png

Just tested my ATI as my nVidia is in another machine at the moment.

Remember to repair disk permissions

thank u, u r right,there's no glitches any more.

And we lost the QE/CI.

Don't know why,what can I do to help solve those glitches,any way, QE/CI makes  the most beautiful part of MAC

Hi ! Your kernel - reboot on FX . Maybe problem cupid.c  )

Hi bronzovka, but it works just as well as your current kernel with Phenom II X6 1100T :)

The graphics are still very good, unfortunately I had no success with QE / CI. I have from the beginning made ​​a similar experiment as above Duran Keeley has described adjusted a mix of Lion framework with the latest Nvidia drivers kexts.

Edit:

it struck me positively, especially the fast boot of your kernel and it is not necessary to typing npci0x2000 and PCIRootUID=0, with andys kernel is required, otherwise the system stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.......

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Holy Cow!!!! I got my ML to stop the Graphic Glitches!!!

I don't know which of these frameworks did it but here is what I did:

Copy the Frameworks of these Lion 10.7.5 ones

/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DisplayServices.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GraphicsAppSupport.framework

To the same folder in ML 10.8.4 and renamed the ML with .bak at the end.

Are you able to try these framework from 10.9 and place it under 10.8.4 and see if it also works?

FrameWorks10.9.zip

Are you able to try these framework from 10.9 and place it under 10.8.4 and see if it also works?

Hi MariusT

All I got was a white screen and spinner by replacing GPUSupport.framework (Strange because I normally only get that with my nVidia) and just a plain white screen with a cursor in safe mode.

libGPUSupportMercury.dylib (from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Versions/A/Libraries) is not in Lion or DP1 of ML, if this is not there in 10.8.4 then there is no QE/CI.

Now I have another problem after I've experimented with the graphics drivers. Mountain Lion stuck on [iOBluetoothHCIController] [start] - completed.
I can not find under /library / prefernces / com.apple.windowserver.plist, despite copy and paste from my other Mountain Lion partition brought no success, I'm stuck still on [iOBluetoothHCIController] [start] - completed.
Who can offer a viable solution. :(

Now I have another problem after I've experimented with the graphics drivers. Mountain Lion stuck on [iOBluetoothHCIController] [start] - completed.

I can not find under /library / prefernces / com.apple.windowserver.plist, despite copy and paste from my other Mountain Lion partition brought no success, I'm stuck still on [iOBluetoothHCIController] [start] - completed.

Who can offer a viable solution. :(

You tried this?

http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-lion/18257-freezes-after-loading-till-iobluetoohhcicontroller-completed-lenovo-g570-2.html

Thank you Duran I've tried everything so far has unfortunately not helped. It must be possible to correct the cause of the problem with another solution :whistle: . For how can I test QE / CI, if I delete all Nvidia graphics drivers?  :hysterical:  I have removed from the beginning all others driver (ATI, etc) )?

many thanks for the quick response :wink_anim:

Thank you Duran I've tried everything so far has unfortunately not helped. It must be possible to correct the cause of the problem with another solution :whistle: . For how can I test QE / CI, if I delete all Nvidia graphics drivers?  :hysterical:  I have removed from the beginning all others driver (ATI, etc) )?

many thanks for the quick response :wink_anim:

Once the system boots, reload original kexts then try again :)

the crazy thing is that my board is not equipped with Bluetooth, it is stupid, so far I have always booted with-v-f

I'm changing this two driver (IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext) into (IOBluetoothHIDDriver.bak IOBluetoothFamily.bak), then I will boot again and see what will happen :whistle:

Edit:

--> no IOBluetooth...problem but now the fu_cking thing depends on macx_swapon Success

Edited by spakk

Has anybody success with update 12F33 (10.8.5)? I has KP with this log:

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform]:       _acpi_idle_kernel
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform - link failed.

My kernel (from log):

Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: zo  6 jan 2013 21:22:53 CET; SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo v1.0.0:xnu-2050.18.24/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64

Has anybody success with update 12F33 (10.8.5)? I has KP with this log:

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform]: In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _acpi_idle_kernel
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform]:       _acpi_idle_kernel
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform - link failed.

Yes , i have patched kernel for only 10.8.5 . Same problem ati artifacts ...

About glitches. Is there any call-tracer for Darwin kernel? We can record syscalls for ATI7000Controller (and other similar drivers/frameworks) at 10.8 system (with glitches) and at 10.9 (without artifacts), and compare results (manually or by script). This procedure can show us a stuff that works wrong. The next step is find answer for "why?" question...

I have my AMD PC (with config as in subscription), and, also, I can use my friend's PC (iC2D) as test platform for my videocard (or any forum's member Intel PC). So, the question is what tracer we can use.