OS X Mountain Lion Retail released

RN95

44 posts in this topic

As far as I know, the current build number for the Golden Master is 12A269 and the SHA1 hash for the InstallESD.dmg file is e5dd2bf5560033cade7dd7d7da5ceec49f701b0e

If the retail build has the same build number AND the same SHA1 hash, I will forget about installing it.

If anyone have access to the InstallESD.dmg file, the calculation of the SHA1 hash is really easy, just open the terminal, key in the shasum command, drop the file over the window, and press enter. In a few seconds you'll get the SHA1 hash for the file.

As far as I know, the current build number for the Golden Master is 12A269 and the SHA1 hash for the InstallESD.dmg file is e5dd2bf5560033cade7dd7d7da5ceec49f701b0e

If the retail build has the same build number AND the same SHA1 hash, I will forget about installing it.

If anyone have access to the InstallESD.dmg file, the calculation of the SHA1 hash is really easy, just open the terminal, key in the shasum command, drop the file over the window, and press enter. In a few seconds you'll get the SHA1 hash for the file.

encontre esto en un lugar que no puedo nombrar aqui, la fuente que lo publico es de total confianza.

oldnapalm en 2012-07-25 16:29 CET:

Confirmed, App Store build is the same as GM (12A269).

• Like 1

Verified.

Heres the terminal output:

Rockin-Rons-Mac-Pro:~ rockinron$ shasum /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mountain\ Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

e5dd2bf5560033cade7dd7d7da5ceec49f701b0e /Applications/Install OS X Mountain Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

Verified.

Heres the terminal output:

Rockin-Rons-Mac-Pro:~ rockinron$ shasum /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mountain\ Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

e5dd2bf5560033cade7dd7d7da5ceec49f701b0e /Applications/Install OS X Mountain Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

then GM is the same as Retail?

Thanks a lot, Rockin' Ron :)

I've just started the download from the Mac App Store, but I wanted to know if I could avoid reinstalling the system again.

Mountain Lion GM has been fantastic so far, now that is confirmed that is the Retail, is going to be the same.

But be aware that GM versions are usually unable to get system updates.

Either the md5sum is the same, or not. If it is indeed identical between GM and Retail, then as just stated, it is identical, which is why the md5's exist.

In fact, downloading the Official ML release from the app store, today, shows that it is the GM (see below):

GMML.png

• Like 2

GM cannot get updates confirmed.

Read post # 13 - and explain how you "confirmed" no updates?

There are no updates right now after a fresh build (using the GM release) that are available, and the updater tool appears to work fine i.e. scans, checks, comes back with no updates available.

GM cannot get updates confirmed.

I have the GM installed, just downloaded a printer update. And, german version installed. When installing, a number of languages were offered for installation. Updates can be downloaded manually as well, if required.

regards

Manfredo