• 74 posts
Adjust installer for 10.8.2 :D

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

Adjust installer for 10.8.2 :D

Not out yet AFAIK. I'm not going to make patches for developer previews as the driver code is still subject to change (and I don't use developer previews for interim releases).
You are welcome to patch it yourself and post an updated version here if you'd like.

I tried to make the ongoing maintenance of this patch fairly easy by breaking it down in the script to 4 things: maintaining the 2 relocation table indexes, the patch point address, and some fuzz that insures the patch is correctly being applied.

netgear

netgear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Thanks for your work, your patch the only the Web :)

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
@bcc9 -

sorry for the delay in response.

1) no i did not try the debug=8... approach as the bin patch method worked.
2) i too was thinking that longer delay may solve it for 10.8.1. but i was not sure what that string would look like? if you can provide the patch string for say 500 ms? i will test that out.

thanks. (for now rollback 10.8.0 exec is working on 10.8.1 kernel)

t

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

1) no i did not try the debug=8... approach as the bin patch method worked.
2) i too was thinking that longer delay may solve it for 10.8.1. but i was not sure what that string would look like? if you can provide the patch string for say 500 ms? i will test that out.

Well I don't know why you won't test debug=8 ahcidisk=1 under 10.8.1 like I asked.
In any case I've updated the script to version 0.2 which allows you to specify whatever delay you wish, with a default of 200ms.
The delay is in units of ms. So:
./patch-ahci-mlion.pl -d 100
for 100ms
./patch-ahci-mlion.pl -d 1000
for 1 second

BatcOuntrY

BatcOuntrY

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Patch worked for me after updating to 10.8.1 thanks again bcc9.

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
10.8.2 released hope that you bcc9 make universal patch for it so do it directly :)

----

----

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
10.8.2 is live with the size increase to 180192 bytes.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts
Could someone report whether or not the problem remains after upgrading to 10.8.2?

----

----

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm unable to boot to 10.8.2 without -f, and the binary has changed since 10.8.1 - your patch doesn't apply, as the bytes have changed.

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts
Ok, I've updated the script to version 0.3, which includes osx 10.8.2 support. The new version is in post #1.

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
@bcc9
ok good news. your revised method (script 0.2) with variable sleep time worked with the 10.8.1 kext. I had to go up to 600ms for 10.8.1. well 400 did not work, and 600 did. so i call that success.

also i tried your early method of boot args ahcidisk=1 debug=8 and that did not work with the sto.

as soon as i upgrade to 10.8.2 I will post the results with (the 0.3 script) etc.

thanks much!
t
PS. this is on a Lenovo T420 with 320GB 7200rpm sata as single device.

g0l3m

g0l3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Could someone report whether or not the problem remains after upgrading to 10.8.2?

Just installed 10.8.2 and booted > sadly the problem persists. I'm going to patch the kext now with upgraded script...

Updated patch is working perfectly for 10.8.2 - thanks again bcc9.

I'm wondering what Apple is updating in detail in the kext every time :/

mannvicky

mannvicky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm unable to boot to 10.8.2 without -f, and the binary has changed since 10.8.1 - your patch doesn't apply, as the bytes have changed.

I also updated to 10.8.2. The problem is still there... i know this ll sound weird here but I do not know what to do to patch the IOAHCIBlockstorage.kext. I tried a couple of things but not sure what to do with the script in #01 post.
pls guide me. thanks.

----

----

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Ok, I've updated the script to version 0.3, which includes osx 10.8.2 support. The new version is in post #1.

Confirming successful boot after the running the updated patch. I believe people reporting failures need to increase the default delay for their particular case.

netgear

netgear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
10.8.2 perfect for me, thanks...

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
bcc9, would you be able to locate the bytes in AppleIntelPIIXATA to delay its getting loaded? This one (by Detrich 2010-03-29, still the same we're using these days for L & ML)?

BatcOuntrY

BatcOuntrY

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Updated to 10.8.2 and can confirm the new version works perfectly. Thanks bcc9, very glad you are a part of the mhack community.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Working fine here, thanks bcc9

bcc9

bcc9

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,277 posts

bcc9, would you be able to locate the bytes in AppleIntelPIIXATA to delay its getting loaded? This one (by Detrich 2010-03-29, still the same we're using these days for L & ML)?

I don't see what bug that post is trying to fix and what the fix is supposed to be. The rest of the thread doesn't seem to pertain to a timing bug, so I don't think the fix here would be applicable there.
I guess the bug over there relates to using intel ICH in IDE mode? I would never use a hackintosh that way - AHCI mode has superior performance.
I can't really (don't have time to) start developing fixes for problems that don't pertain to hardware I use.

@bcc9
ok good news. your revised method (script 0.2) with variable sleep time worked with the 10.8.1 kext. I had to go up to 600ms for 10.8.1. well 400 did not work, and 600 did. so i call that success.

I'm fairly surprised such a different delay was required for your system. After all, all us sandy bridge users are using systems with similar cpu speeds.
I guess variance in how long disk drives take to initialize/answer async requests is making the difference.

Oh and thanks everyone for the compliments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy