Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About g0l3m

  • Rank
    InsanelyMac Protégé
  1. g0l3m

    7970 no Display with Clover bootloader

    Not on my card (HIS 7970 GHz) with Aji Framebuffer. Only the two DP connectors are working. But I didn't dig deeper in this HDMI thing, I don't need this. Only attached a cable and give it a short try, sorry.
  2. g0l3m

    7970 no Display with Clover bootloader

    It seems that DVI doesn't work anymore under OS X 10.9 with a 7970. Had the same problem on last weekend and spent several hours to track it down. Connect your monitor(s) exclusive with MiniDP to DP cables without any adapters. MiniDP to DVI Adapter doesn't work reliable too (i have the white Apple adapters). As recently as I connected my both monitors with pure DP cables everything worked as expected. Sidenote: Didn't test 6xxx generation until now under 10.9 with DVI/DP to DVI Adapter. Would be interesting whether DVI is working on this cards…
  3. g0l3m

    7970 no Display with Clover bootloader

    How do you connect your monitors?
  4. Thanks, this works on my hack after weeks of booting an usb thumbdrive. It has to do with the installation of Chameleon to boot0md??
  5. @ham4ever: Which version do you mean with "built in module" - the r2187 pkg from here? iMessage stops working on 2 hacks here too some days ago. A third hack isn't affected. Every machine boots with Chameleon r2187 and the FileNVRAM.dylib module in modules folder.
  6. I've made the observation, that the patch isn't neccessary for 10.8.3 anymore on my Gigabyte UD3H B3 Boards with F12 BIOS. Last times after major upgrades (10.8.0, 10.8.1 & 10.8.2) machines didn't boot, this time booting is possible without any problems without patching the kext inside IOAHCIFamily...
  7. Thank you again. I've flashed the same BIOS to every board. It's curious…
  8. Thank you for your answer. Is there a way to fix it? Why is the module on 1 one of the 3 identical configured machines with same hardware able to read the uuid?
  9. Hi, I have 3 hacks (Gigabyte UD3H-B3 v.13, BIOS F12, Core i5/i7). Every PC has a unique SystemId set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Software environment is the same on every computer: Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2187), FileNVRAM.dylib v1.1.3 with OS X 10.8.2. iMessage is working but on 2 machines I don't have the UUID in nvram.plist. Its filename written with double dot, look at the output of console's ls: # /Extra # ls -got -rw-rw-rw- 1 18882 21 Okt 15:46 DSDT.aml -rw-r--r-- 1 945 16 Mai 2012 SSDT.aml drwxr-xr-x 4 136 20 Sep 11:52 Themes drwxr-xr-x 4 136 6 Mär 10:25 modules -r-------- 1 1287 6 Mär 11:15 nvram..plist -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 608 6 Mär 10:46 org.chameleon.Boot.plist -rw-rw-rw-@ 1 470 6 Mär 10:43 smbios.plist Why i don't habe an UUID in nvram..plist on 2 machines? On the last machine the UUD is in nvram.plist. Any idea? Thank you.
  10. After flashing my AWARD BIOS to UEFI (Gigabyte UD3H-D3: F12 => U1h) booting of OS X 10.8.2 is fine without patching the IOAHCIFamiliy.kext!
  11. Just installed 10.8.2 and booted > sadly the problem persists. I'm going to patch the kext now with upgraded script... Updated patch is working perfectly for 10.8.2 - thanks again bcc9. I'm wondering what Apple is updating in detail in the kext every time :/
  12. First of all: Kudos to bcc9! Thanks for investigating the problem and engineering a very solid patch by finding the right string and the replacement pattern - great! I ran into this problem after updating from 10.7 to 10.8 some weeks ago and bcc9's fix solved it. My hardware: • Gigabyte UD3HB3 v1.3 F12 • 2x Samsung 830 256 GB (1x OS X, 1x Windows 7), 1x Samsung 1 TB HD 2.5" All drives are connected to SATA Ports of the Intel chipset, additional SATA Ports are disabled. AHCI is enabled in BIOS of course. After updating to 10.8.1 yesterday the problem occurs again and the initial patch didn't work. I've just found z0rglub's post and I can confirm that the changes are working. I've just booted with installed 10.8.1 update and patched IOAHCIBlockStorage with z0rglub's modified patch. Side notes: I have 4 hackintoshs on duty, all built with Gigabyte UD3HB3 v1.3 F12 and installed 10.8. Interestingly the problem doesn't occour on all computers, two of them boot without any modification on IOAHCIBlockStorage. These ones have another disk setup (1x Samsung 830 256 GB/1x Intel 330 300 GB/1x Harddisk), everything else is identic (BIOS settings, Software versions etc.). Thank you for you great work!!