3 replies to this topic

xtjacob

xtjacob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hello all,
I am trying to get snow leopard to install on my laptop, and I cannot even get it to boot up. I am using Nawcoms boot cd (0.3.2) and a retail cd (10.6). After the mod cd loads the kernel and say to press enter, I press enter and my computer immediately reboots. I have tried many different flags, and it always reboots. I have an Acer Aspire 4530, with an AMD Athlon X2 (QL-60), and a NVIDIA chipset. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GEForce 9100M G. Help would be really appreciated.

EvilMacMongo

EvilMacMongo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:I really love screwing up expensive things, that's why I'm learning macs
when you put the modcd in and it loads up, select the install disk and type rd(0,0)/extra/modbin_kernel -v

Try that, I had the reboot on every kernel except modbin_kernel.

xtjacob

xtjacob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

when you put the modcd in and it loads up, select the install disk and type rd(0,0)/extra/modbin_kernel -v

Try that, I had the reboot on every kernel except modbin_kernel.

Hmm, I tried rd(0,0)/extra/modbin without the _kernel. I'll have to try it with it.

EvilMacMongo

EvilMacMongo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:I really love screwing up expensive things, that's why I'm learning macs
yeah you have to add the _kernel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Snow leopard, amd, retail, acer, reboot, mod cd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy