AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

ATI 6650M GraphicsEnabler ATI 6650M 10.6.8 AMD Radeon HD 6650M ATI Radeon HD 6650M mac AMD 6650M custom personality 6650M DSDT patch ATI Radeon HD 6650M DSDT ATI Radeon 6470M DSDT

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

Basaaa

Basaaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh - Programming - Tennis - LoL - Beer
Trucker, I have send you a PM with some questions about the 7750g.

Joao Aurelio

Joao Aurelio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi, How did you get your Vbios?

I have a different notebook with 7730m, I tried GPU-Z and ATIflash.

GPUZ says it is not supported, ATIflash gives me an empty file.

srinu9

srinu9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I used trial version of AIDA64 in windows. . There will be a small icon at the bottom left corner in AIDA64 Window and there will be a sub option to dump video bios when you click that icon. .. it worked like a charm for me where every other tools failed. ..

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Attached File  aida64.jpg   175.3KB   23 downloads
Right click on the status bar

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Tauio111, did you finally manage to enable your video card?

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Tauio111, did you finally manage to enable your video card?

Nope, Clover has some problems with my installation and I am currently not in the mood of reinstalling os x, I'll wait for OS X 10.9 and then I'll do a reinstall and try using Clover. I installed 13.5 drivers in windows and my LVDS lost backlight, maybe comparing the 13.5 version with older versions will give some good information?

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I think I can help you with DSDT. Thus, it should work also in Chameleon.
I don't think Clover will work with 10.9 if it does not work now. Does it load at all? Or it can't boot up the system? It would be easier to enable video card with Clover. Anyway, I think I know where is the problem with not working LVDS and how to solve it.

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Clover loads but it restarts after choosing the right partition.
I was trying to put my vrom in the DSDT, but for some reason my editors all freeze/crash after pasting it in, I dont know why. You can take a look.
Also, where do you think the problems is at?
Attached File  dsdt.rar   24.39KB   18 downloads
Attached File  vgabios.rar   36.49KB   20 downloads

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Problem is with EDID injection, I'm almost 100% sure. I had the same thing with my 7670M. So I also need your monitors EDID.

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Here you goAttached File  LGD02DC.rar   195bytes   8 downloads
edit: I'm currently having issues with booting into OS X, last time I installed the security update and now it gets stuck during booting. With -v the last thing it says is TUFS: starting
edit: got it working again. not a big deal.

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
How do I open that file? EDID is usually a simple text file, not binary..

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
All the EDID extracting programs I've used are werid, but I have this one. The edid is in the raw section

Attached Files

• Attached File  LG.rtf   52.25KB   12 downloads

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Hey, I managed to solve gradients problem on my 7670M by using EDID from other notebook! So theoretically this should also solve gradients for 6650M!
Here's EDID I used:

00 ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 06 af 2c 12 00 00 00 00 00 16 01 04 90 1d 10 78 02 19 c5 a0 58 52 95 26 0d 50 54 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 26 1b 56 64 50 00 16 30 30 20 36 00 25 a4 10 00 00 18 00 00 00 0f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 fe 00 41 55 4f 0a 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 fe 00 42 31 33 33 58 54 46 30 31 2e 32 20 0a 00 25

But it worked only using DSDT injection for graphics card (CustomEDID in Clover does not work!).

Tauio111, judging by EDID, you have exactly the same screen as me. And the problem is with screen, not with video card. I think you can make it work using the same method as me.

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Tauio111,

Try injecting this string through device-properties in Chameleon. Don't forget to install patched ATI6000Controller first with your numbers from VBIOS dump (use Pithecia framebuffer, others won't work). Also use GraphicsEnabler=No. If the screen still does not work, enable your video card like you did before for VGA screen only and post here your DarwinDump. If it works with gradients (reduced color depth), I have one more idea and I don't need DarwinDump.

Attached Files

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I used that device-property in Chameleon. The result is that I can now fully use my gpu without graphics enabler but LVDS still remains black. One other change I noticed was if i disconnected the VGA screen and restarted into OS X, the LVDS backlight works but still remains black. I had never got the backlight to work on LVDS ever. I tried this with my custom EDID and without it and it makes no difference. What could be the problem?

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Wait, you want to say that VGA port works and LVDS does not with this string? Are you sure graphics enabler is disabled and you use original or no DSDT + my string?

Could you also show me your ATI6000Controller patch? Here is also one more string to try.

P.S. It's very important to use only original DisplayProductID-717, don't change it!

Attached Files

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Here's a darwindump (not sure if its in the right format) and the ati6000controller.kext which I'm currently using and which works for my vga (altough it doesnt get the EDID from the VGA display). I used your string and disabled DSDT, I also deleted DisplayProductID-717 (I dont think OS X remakes a new one if its deleted).
Using the string I get a few errors in startup - you can see the image I attached.

Attached Files

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Looks like your EDID is not injected at all.. And I think this is LVDS EDID, not VGA. Thus LVDS is black. Did you do the dump with my strings? If not, then do it with one of the strings.
Is notebooks monitor shown in "About this Mac" window when you are injecting one of the strings?
Also you don't have GraphicsEnabler in your Chameleon config, did you disable it in bootloader?
I would better use original DisplayProductID-717 instead of deleting it. Here it is if you don't have it anymore.

Attached Files

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Looks like your EDID is not injected at all.. And I think this is LVDS EDID, not VGA. Thus LVDS is black. Did you do the dump with my strings? If not, then do it with one of the strings.
The hardware config string or the EDID string?
Is notebooks monitor shown in "About this Mac" window when you are injecting one of the strings?
Look at picture attatched
Also you don't have GraphicsEnabler in your Chameleon config, did you disable it in bootloader?
I found out that it was a different chameleon installation on my HDD not on my USB stick, now I have graphicsenabler disabled in both bootloader and strings also injected and DSDT disabled also.
I would better use original DisplayProductID-717 instead of deleting it. Here it is if you don't have it anymore.
I inserted

The LVDS ofcourse works without the graphics enabler at 1024x, but it makes os x quite unusable.
I also added the new darwin dump with config strings in both.

Attached Files

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Was that screen taken with string injection? Judging by it, video card is not enabled as if there was no device-properties string at all. I also patched ATI6000Controller from 10.8.3 for your video bios. This one is 100% correct.

The next thing you should do: enable your video card at least somehow (could be on VGA or HDMI port only. If you use this kext with graphics enabler + Pithecia FB instead of string, HDMI should work; or do it with your kext on VGA port) and post here your IOReg (save it with IORegistryExplorer).

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy