AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

Ehm, if you boot from USB flash drive, your Chameleon on HDD should still work, no matter what happens. At least that's how I do it - I have 2 Clover bootloaders, one stable on HDD and one for experiments on USB flash.

I have another DSDT for you to try, but make sure there are no other DSDTs on your boot partition. Use patched kext with Pithecia framebuffer. When you boot, check in ioreg if your GC and Display are detected.Edit. Oops, forgot to attach it, wait a sec.

removed by me, go to next page, post # 361

Edited by Trucker MK

@Trucker MK Progress, at last! Thank you so much! It works but the LVDS has some severe false colouring and colour depth issue, the resolution is not detected on the VGA either

@freeuser16 How did you solve this colours issue?

post-870135-0-96920800-1368566430_thumb.jpg

post-870135-0-52077800-1368566442_thumb.jpg

post-870135-0-60246000-1368566454_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations! You are now in one step from success!

How did it work? With DSDT or ATY_Init? I solved inverted colors by using EDID from other notebook. I used the same EDID which solved it for me in ATY_Init kext. So if you enabled card with ATY_Init, you theoretically shouldn't have had this problem. I am now without OS X and can't see that DSDT from Trucker, but if it has your original EDID, you should replace it with the one I posted a few pages ago. Eventually, it is possible to solve inverted colors problem by using encoder value of 01 instead of 00 in connectors patch and original EDID, but then I have another problem - gradients or reduced color depth.

BTW, would be good to change the card name from my 7670M to 6470M, it doesn't mean anything, is just a string, but doesn't look good :)

Probably you can't do anything more with VGA screen, it's that buggy for me too. If you really need to use it frequently, the best option would be to buy HDMI>VGA adapter. However, it is not that cheap.

You are welcome, I will change the name today when I find some free time, and we will try few DSDTs without EDID injection or with the one sugested from freeuser16. Attach ioreg from this DSDT, i want to see it.

This one is without EDID ( post # 361)

This one with the EDID that freeuser16 used ( post # 361)

Edited by Trucker MK

LVDS works perfectly with that EDID!

Kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATI6000Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATI6000Controller
Personality: Pithecia
ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 3
Disk offset in decimal 181984
0000000    02  00  00  00  40  00  00  00  09  01  00  00  10  00  00  07
0000010    04  00  00  00  14  02  00  00  00  01  00  00  21  03  01  02
0000020    10  00  00  00  10  00  00  00  00  01  00  00  00  00  02  01

0.0.0.0.zip

VGA works with those preset 4:3 resolutions, with some exceptions for 1080p, I am currently using 1400x1050@60hz instead of the native 1440x900@75hz.

Wow, Lion has really bad dual screen handling, I heard this is fixed in ML?

There are still few things to change in the DSDT, I will make another DSDT with Ipomoea framebuffer (maybe it will make some difference), I will also patch some kexts for you with encoder 00

Now, back to Trucking 'n' Rolling :thumbsup_anim:

DDT.aml.zip This one should fix VGA, report back with ioreg.

Ipomoea DSDT & ATI6000Controller.zip This one is the same but with Ipomoea framebuffer, patched 10.7.5 ATI6000Controller.kext is included in the archive.

Perfect, i tried to use the EDID by freeuser16 but I get the opposite efect, the same as you without the edid. I need to find a closer match to my EDID and i think that we can fix the gradient colors on 6650M.

Hi @ all.

Long time since i was here the last time.

@ Trucker MK do you have meanwhile usb 3.0?

i have found this kext. All other kext freez my system. But this one works like charm. try it. http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3745

another question? now i am on 10.7.5

Sleepenabler dont work anymore. I read i have to patch appleintelcpu......right?

or do i have to do any other changes.

everything works now for me. only sleep dont work.

Sleep works almost perfectly for me with some DSDT edits, it goes to sleep the first time i close the lid, the other times i have to press the power button to go to sleep. My ethernet also dies when it wakes up from sleep, but wifi seems to be fine.

Yes I tried that kext, it worked, sleep also but I was getting black screen on wake. That was when I updated to 10.8.3. I reverted back to clean 10.8.2 as it's working almost perfect for me and never tried it again. So, without the USB 3.0 kext sleep/wake works if you patched AICPUPM.

@Tauio111, VGA really works perfectly with custom EDID? It doesn't even show the screen when it's not connected?

It's a bit strange solution, since VGA screens may be very different and have different resolutions. I don't know if it's correct to use EDID from one particular screen for all VGA devices :/

It does show the screen when its not connected but that can be fixed by using the mirrored mode on 1366x768.

What if someone would make a custom EDID with all the standard resolutions?

Then it means it's not working perfectly. Theoretically it shouldn't show that screen at all when VGA cable is not connected.

I think it's maximal resolution that matters in EDID, not all standart resolutions. But I'm not sure.