• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...

Now for the main two issues I have...

I still haven't fixed sleep or VT. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, how about DVD Player. I haven't gotten that to work. It crashes always.

My system works with sleep so sorry no help there. AFAIK having darkwake=0 makes it so you can't ever properly test it. You'll likely need some kinda of dsdt/kext patch to fix it. VT I got nothing for. I don't know how that can be fixed. DVD Player i'm trying to work on. I'm using the link provided by Latin to try to figure out how to get my DVD drive to be supported. Feel free to check it out here: http://www.insanelym...ded&pid=1597304

u dont needs gfx0 in dsdt.. just Device (PCI0) has to have _ADR, 0x00 and _UID, 0x00 for graphicssenabler to work.

hpet, rtc, irq, are the main players . dsdt editor has patches for it.

Hmm, ok well that helps a bit. So I can't just say screw it to the gfx0 in the dsdt? I'll try that out in a sec and see what happens. Maybe that's what I did last time to make it work. HPET works fine with my system, I don't need any CPU disablers and it registers just fine on both Lion and SL. RTC is mostly fixed. it doesn't reset my BIOS/CMOS anymore but I still occasionally get the BIOS hang. I think that maybe EHCI is the cause and i'm working on that. IRQ i know nothing about. I don't know what it does or doesn't do. I removed it from RTC but thats the extent i've seen of it so far. Thanks!

AnonMac

AnonMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
There are a bunch of Sleep related things in the BIOS, I'll play around with those.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
if EHCI is missing and the fix, sleep might not work ... also the device ids need to match mac real ones.

dont forget LPC for ich10 also and SBUS needs to be added as EHCI

GFX in dsdt isnt needed as GraphicsEnabler takes care of that ( as long as _UID is Zero for PCI0 aka PCIROOTUID =0)

VT is only a hardware upgrade of cpu

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...
Ok, well i've been busy lately. I added in and fixed a ton of things for my dsdt. Here is a list of what I added in/fixed:

-DGTP
-PCI0/GraphicsEnabler
-HPET
-RTC
-EHCI
-SBUS
-SpeedStep

I also removed/fixed all the compile errors I had before with the unaltered dsdt. The only thing I see now while compiling is like 33 optimizations, which I don't know how to fix so I left them and everything seems well without it.

DGTP was added in since so many mods rely on it.

PCI0/GraphicsEnabler was fixed as suggested by Latin without any issues. GFX card is now fully working again without NVEnabler. Thanks for that! :)

HPET was always working for me but I added in the missing IRQs to be safe.

RTC I had in before but made sure to re-add it in for the updated dsdt i've been editing.

EHCI was added in and seems to be working. I no longer get the "will be unloaded across sleep" message anymore.

SBUS was added in and is now visible in the IOReg, so it must be working.

SpeedStep I had a hard time with, and testing it to see if it was working was difficult too but I came across VoodooMonitor and have been using that to test it. P-states are shown in the app and the CPU frequencies bounce around depending on what is running so I think I can safely assume that SpeedStep is activated and working.

I also had to tweak varies things to keep the dsdt compile errors from returning and probably forgot a thing or two that I added in but these are the important ones. Everything has been tested and confirmed working in both SL and Lion. The only odd side-effect i've noticed is that now sleep seems to work but wake doesn't. When I put the system to sleep it shuts to monitor off and sounds like the HDD gets powered down but I can't wake the monitor up so I have to hard-reboot to get back in. I didn't use to do that prior to the dsdt edits. I suppose it probably never went to sleep before but it would make the screen dark but the monitor never powered off. Other than that though, everything has been great!

Sadly, dsdt took up all my time and I haven't had much time to test the Nub for the DVD drive yet but I figure that'll be my next project. I've included the dsdt if anyone finds it useful for themselves or if someone can help me decode my sleep/wake issue with it. Thanks for all the help everyone! :)

Attached Files

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
LPC ich10 in patches/desktops

dvd mergenub... get the id info as specified in post of superdrive faking. then we add it to the info.plist
(im booted on osx about to mountain lion my desktop leopard 10.5.8 bye bye)
so i can work on dsdt for a little bit but leaving to get son from school soon

just to clear up PCI0 graphicsen.. the fix is the _UID, 0x00 right ?
also hpet has a line if OSID 0x7D else returns. .. that has to be fixed the else return to 0x0F

Edit: i see problem the Shutdown fix is pointing to 0x430 the cpu says 0x810 which means its in the 800 address range not 400 .. so it needs 0x830 not 0x430

also.. did u add power states in dsdt or did this come in dsdt ??
Scope (_PR.CPU0)
    {
	    Method (_PSS, 0, NotSerialized)
	    {
		    Return (Package (0x04)
		    {
			    Package (0x06)
			    {
				    Zero,
				    Zero,
				    0x0A,
				    0x0A,
				    0x0922,
				    Zero
			    },
more code... all under _PTS section
the _PSS is ACPI Power States Specified (overrides chameleon GenratePStaes)

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
I tried an LPC patch while I was testing, I used the ich10 one you specified but it gave me LPC verbose errors while leaving it as it is does not. So I decided maybe I didn't need the LPC patch, I figure the less verbose errors the better.

As I said, I haven't had time to screw with the SuperDrive faking. I plan to do that as soon as I can. If all i'm doing is adding in device ids to a plist then it should be easy enough I figure.

Yes, technically I have my PCI0 set to _UID, Zero, not _UID, 0x00. Mine works this way though and the GraphicsEnabler is working great. Full res and QE/CI as usual. HPET, this is the code I see and I see not reference in it to what you are saying. AFAIK, according to IOReg, HPET is working so I didn't see a reason to mess with it further.

Device (HPET)
		{
			Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
			Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Name (HBAB, ResourceTemplate ()
				{
					IRQNoFlags ()
						{0}
					IRQNoFlags ()
						{8}
					Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,
						0xFED00000,		 // Address Base
						0x00000400,		 // Address Length
						)
				})
				Return (HBAB)
			}
		}
	}

Yes, my shutdown fix was labeled as an Intel Shutdown. Considering my board is Intel-based, I figured it was my best bet. After testing it was confirmed to be the fix for this board.

My section for the SpeedStep fix looks basically identical to what you wrote. The exception is the PTS. This is the code from the dsdt for that section. Everything else is the same. I applied the fix to 2 CPUS under dsdt. Originally it listed 4 but I removed the other two since this is a dual-core and the remaining CPUs are irrelavent.

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
			{
				Store (Zero, SLPE)
				Sleep (0x10)
			}
			Else
			{
				PSKM (Arg0)
			}
		}
	}

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
so you added speedsteps to dsdt.
try this dsdt .. i fixed
_PTS
IRQs
HPET _STA missing
and removed LPT printer port which should be disabled in bios

also remove GeneratePStates and CStates from boot.plist (with chameleon wizard) since u have them in dsdt

Attached Files

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Sounds good. Will test ASAP.

I forgot to mention that I also fixed my Audio hissing problem. Using the VoodooHDA pref pane I discovered what was causing it and then applied that information to the Info.plist and it worked! The hiss is gone and the audio sounds very nice and clear now. Very similar to how it does using the official Windows driver.

Here is the fix for future reference, or for others with a similar issue. Speaker was what I added in and set it to off with 0. No more hiss. :)

<key>MixerValues</key>
<dict>
<key>iGain</key>
<string>90</string>
<key>Speaker</key>
<string>0</string>
</dict>

Also, I applied the SuperDrive nub fix and it works great on both SL & Lion! Actually, my drive had generic support to begin with. I guess the crashes before were due to not having QE/CI on the old 6200 and I guess I just forgot to test since. Still, the fix is better anyway. I tested it before and after the fix and both times it appeared to be supported on both iDVD and DVD Player, although after the fix I noticed a slight loading speed boost in DVD Player. Thanks for the suggest it works great!!!

Here is a screen of the before and after results in profiler.
Attached File  DVDfixResults.jpg   106.78KB   58 downloads

Alright, gonna go try the dsdt now. I'm gonna disable the printer port in the BIOS too, I forgot to do that anyway. I'll report back in a min.

UPDATE: Ok, I tested it and I was able to boot with no issues. Just tested sleep/wake and it WORKS, but it only works in Lion, SL still fails to wakeup. Still at least Lion's sleep/wake works. Thanks so much!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
interesting info about wake.
try booting in snow with -v -f npci=0x2000
make sure u dont have sleepenabler or nullcpupower or any nvenablers
then run kext utility to remove sleepimage and caches
also check in power management that its checked "restart on power failure"

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Weird right? Ok i'll give that a go. I have no sleep enablers or nullcpus and obviously bc of the dsdt fix, i am no longer using nvenabler. Should I keep using EvOreboot.kext though? I keep using it thinking maybe it has something to do with fixing my BIOS hang but I really don't know. Is there some sort of restart fix I could apply to dsdt? Maybe it would solve the hang?

UPDATE: Sorry, doesn't seem to do anything different. Still doesn't wakeup. Also worth mentioning that I don't have a sleep image in snow or in lion.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
in terminal
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
try that
also evoreboot might interrupt with chameleons restart fix thats autoenabled, that can be disabled in wizard
or
take evoreboot out as test

also the smbus might need to be added complete not a lite version.

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
ok I tried the terminal command. That didn't work. if I change 0 to 1 will that reverse it? I figure I should do so to prevent future issues with having hibernate disabled.

I removed evoreboot and restart still functions as it should so I guess that isn't needed. Never tested disabling the built-in chameleon restart fix but I assume I can safely ignore it since it's working.

Explain more on this smbus complete vs lite.

I noticed something interesting while reading my verbose messages. While I was using the dsdt's I created, I noticed that it said "ACPI: System State [S1] [S3]" for both SL & Lion, which made sense considering my PM is setup to support both. However, since I started using your dsdt edit, the message has changed for both OSs to "ACPI: System State [S0]". Any idea what that change means?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
hmm intresting.. thats part of the sleep states . S3 is what you want . i think u dumped dsdt with it set to S0 in bios ??

if u find SBUS in another dsdt u will see its bigger that one in your pc.

i think ECHI needs a patch for sleep

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Ok, sorry for the delay but I lost internet here for awhile. We're having a horrible wind storm.

Anyway, did some more testing. I was wrong about sleep working. I wasn't sure of the power state of this tower and assumed what it was doing was considered sleep for it but I was wrong.

I've been playing around with a dsdt for an Optiplex 755 (which i've attached for examination, the only thing I fixed on the 755 dsdt was _UID for GraphicsEnabler to work so I could test it) that has been fully patched for just about everything to work. I tried it on my system for kicks and everything that was broken, was fixed. Sleep/hibernate and wake all work. I've been trying to make my dsdt more like it to be able to get these benefits but I haven't really been successful. So many things in both dsdts are very similar yet my dsdt has so much more {censored} in it and I don't know what it does.

Attached File  760vs755.zip   16.48KB   30 downloads

I've gotten as far as making Lion go into deep sleep/hibernate but I can never get the monitor to wake back up. Once or twice something must be horribly wrong with my edit because after the tower woke up, it did a random reboot on me. So as helpful as the 755 dsdt has been to fix some of my problems, I can't rely on it too much, seems the hardware is too different because it's causing some undesired effects on my system if the wrong code is used. The tower itself wakes fine (USB's all come back on and start responding and the low-power light on the tower stops blinking and the hdd begins to spin back up) so the system itself wakes up like it is supposed to, but the monitor doesn't. With the 755 dsdt everything works right I just haven't been able to find what makes the monitor come back on.

It's worth mentioning that I can only test the 755 dsdt in Lion. Tried using it in SL and I get KPs, so I can't test to see if the 755 dsdt fixes the sleep/wake issue in SL.

I've tried copy/pasting code from just about everywhere on the 755 dsdt to try to fix the monitor wakeup issue. I don't know what else to try anymore. So close yet so far. HELP!!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
i think its the If HACK ()
for the pci port for graphics.. 10000 in ioregistry.
im almost sure it has to do with _OSI .. had a simmilar issue with inspiron 530

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Be that as it may. It's annoying me. I've been screwing with this evil dsdt for several days now and almost have it complete.

I tried adding in the edits from the dsdt you last provided and it seems to have helped a bit. It still acts odd but if it feels like it, it will wake the monitor now. This appears to work in both Lion and SL. Sadly, it reboots the computer upon wake at random. Not really a good thing when you've got work to save. :(

It also appears to be affecting my bios a bit. I seem to always get the network boot text upon reboot after my bios splash screen. I can continue with booting normally but the Intel PXC text almost always appears. I might have edited too much somewhere.

It's worth mentioning that I changed IDE1 to SATA for a reason. My hard drive seems to perform better with that fix. Before it seemed like it was having a rough time spinning up or down before without lag, especially with a folder with a large amount of files in it. The SATA fix seems to have solved that though.

Here is the edited dsdt with all the fixes that I seem to need. This also has your edits in it, which seem to have helped with monitor waking but causes random reboots upon wake, it also will cause random reboots upon using shutdown too. Maybe it's a simple fix. I just don't know what else to try at this point though. Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   9.02KB   13 downloads

Be that as it may. It's annoying me. I've been screwing with this evil dsdt for several days now and almost have it complete.

I tried adding in the edits from the dsdt you last provided and it seems to have helped a bit. It still acts odd but if it feels like it, it will wake the monitor now. This appears to work in both Lion and SL. Sadly, it reboots the computer upon wake at random. Not really a good thing when you've got work to save. :(

It also appears to be affecting my bios a bit. I seem to always get the network boot text upon reboot after my bios splash screen. I can continue with booting normally but the Intel PXC text almost always appears. I might have edited too much somewhere.

It's worth mentioning that I changed IDE1 to SATA for a reason. My hard drive seems to perform better with that fix. Before it seemed like it was having a rough time spinning up or down before without lag, especially with a folder with a large amount of files in it. The SATA fix seems to have solved that though.

Here is the edited dsdt with all the fixes that I seem to need. This also has your edits in it, which seem to have helped with monitor waking but causes random reboots upon wake, it also will cause random reboots upon using shutdown too. Maybe it's a simple fix. I just don't know what else to try at this point though. Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   9.02KB   13 downloads

AnonMac

AnonMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I never did get editing a DSDT. All I've ever done on a DSDT is put it on my system and try it, and it was only once on an Inspiron laptop. The sound fix, was that in the DSDT or somewhere else?

EDIT: NVM, about the audio, just reread the post. But how to edit a DSDT?

EDIT 2: Also, do I have to restart to get the sound fix to work?

EDIT 3: I also have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1 GB, and the onboard graphics is the Intel GMA 3100 (NOT the X3100).

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
I've got the hang of editing DSDTs finally but it's still difficult to try diagnose some of the weird issues it can cause. I've almost got the system perfect but more dsdt tweaking has to be done to resolve some of my system issues.

If you have the same onboard audio hardware as I do, I'd be happy to upload the voodoo kext I use, but I'm not able to access my system right now so it'll be a bit later. If yours is different though it likely won't work. As always when editing or modifying system kexts you have to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache before it will work and yes, you must reboot before the changes are applied. I use regular terminal commands to do this but I believe the script called myFix or pfix I forget what it's called, that should automate the process for you. Attached File  Optiplex760VoodooHDA.zip   148.48KB   53 downloads

The GraphicsEnabler dsdt fix is easy but AFAIK you need a supported card for it to work. I'm not very familiar with what does and doesn't. Your best bet would just be to try it. PCI0 _UID must be 0x00 or in my case, Zero.

AnonMac

AnonMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks for the audio kext, will test it.
Doesn't work. It killed my audio...
What should I modify?

The 5670 I use works with the default kexts of 10.6.8+ and with the 2011 MacBook Pro 10.6.7 drivers for ATI graphics cards. I read some places that this might have issues with DVD Player and iDVD, but I never came across any sort of issue with iDVD, just DVD Player, which is annoying me (having to copy VIDEO_TS files to my MacBook Pro or my Acer to play a home made DVD and test it after exporting it is annoying).

UPDATE: Added your modifications to my kext, and it worked. I hear less of a hiss now, I think, but it's still there. I still have a problem with audio that has heavy bass.

PS. Autocorrect is nice a lot of the time, but there are times it gets annoying, like when typing the word "kext".

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Bummer. Seems you have different hardware for audio.

What kinds of issues are you having with your 5670? Is it tearing or having artifacts? If that's the case and you have full resolution and QE/CI enabled then odds are that you won't be able to do much outside of getting another, fully supported card. I've had that happen to me a lot in the past and it was just caused by having unsupported cards. I was able to get full res+QE/CI but tearing and artifacts still occurred, which made some things like movies look awful. If that isn't happening, odds are it likely has a patch to fix it somewhere, but as I said, I'm not an ATI/AMD kind of person so I likely won't be very helpful for that.

It's good the audio is better. Have you tried using the VoodooHDA pref pane for your version? The pane helped me figure out what was causing my hissing problem. I suggest using a pane too to test around with and play around with all the sliders to figure out where the noise is coming from, then patch it up like I did using the plist.

-------------
Now then, back to the point of the thread. I have seriously f***ed something up in my dsdt. I don't know what could be causing it because I thought all the patches from the 755 dsdt were all authentic Apple device patches. But, my BIOS is getting really f***ed up. It seems fine if I don't try to test sleep but if I do, it will corrupt my BIOS settings completely. Yes, the RTC patch still should be working but something else is either changing my settings or is just WRONG and is messing them up. The main giveaway that my BIOS was corrupted is my LAN will switch settings from being a standard, active ethernet in my BIOS and switch into being enabled + Imageserver enabled, which causes the Intel PXC network boot text after the splash screen. That's not so bad but it breaks my ethernet when it switches. The really scary thing is when I go into my BIOS to reset it after the corruption it gives me a horrible ERROR popup message and I have to revert BIOS settings to defaults to start over.

I suppose it could be one of my patches but I thought all of them were recommended. SATA, USB, EHCI, SBUS, HPET. I have so many changes I don't know which one to start from first. I guess i'll have to go through each one until I find what is causing the corruption. Damn this Dell! :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dell, optiplex, 760, SFF, ML, Mountain Lion, Lion, SL, Snow Leopard, E5200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy