[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

Hello all, there is fantastic information here and a lot of work, hacking and sweat in all of this. The work is greatly appreciated and I have a almost completely working T520 4240-4AU.  I am stuck at 2 things,   I can't get the internal bluetooth to work, it simply does not find it, it works perfectly under Windows.  The tiny card is labeled BCM92070MDLENO and I really need bluetooth to work for my mouse :)  Does anyone know of the correct DSDT settings for this?  All of the threads and searching I have done simply say the bluetooth works, but mine don't. I am not adverse to switching to a different card but it looks likes its a lenovo only design, unlike the wi-fi that I swapped out.

The other thing not working for me is the headphone jack on the dock and this is a totally minor thing as audio otherwise is perfect, I saw some mentions of this one but no suggested fixes, I can live with this but of course it would be nice.

Using Clover boot loader, ML 10.8.4

Thanks,

Dave

@david_t

one thing that many of us faced is that bluetooth is turned off by default. you may also have to add the device ID of your BlueTooth card to Info.plist in

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents

i don't have a T520 - i have a T420 with Broadcom Product ID 0x217f (8575 decimal) so i changed one of the entries and then I can turn BT on/off via OSX.

just an upadate that I cant Install Stupid ML on my Thinkpad and I don't know why,

The laptop just reboots after all kext ........ :wub:

I tried all commands but none of them works for me (npc=0x2000, busrat=20 , PciRoot.....-x ,-f -v......

also I updated my BIOS to 1.45 but no luck....

disablet VT but nothing....

any suggestions......

For those that are having problems with sound:

I am using a ThinkPad t510 and I have installed VooDooHDA 2.56 and it works fine. For those that can only move the sound up and down, you have sound, it's just that the sound is not playing through the speaker. Plug in headphones and you hear sound. Go into the sound output settings and select your speaker and ENJOY!

For people that are too lazy to install a wifi card:

Any mac-compatible USB wifi card will work, as long as your USB works in OS X.

Dual displays also work fine and smooth. Minecraft runs fine on my NVS 3100M. The only issues:

Sleep mode = flickering power button

Shut down = computer still on

After sleep mode, next boot contains kernel panic

just an upadate that I cant Install Stupid ML on my Thinkpad and I don't know why,

The laptop just reboots after all kext ........ :wub:

I tried all commands but none of them works for me (npc=0x2000, busrat=20 , PciRoot.....-x ,-f -v......

also I updated my BIOS to 1.45 but no luck....

disablet VT but nothing....

any suggestions......

Ok I finally installed 10.8.4 on my T410:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I don t actually know what I did but

What I did

Essential:

Config > Serial ATA (SATA) > SATA Controller Mode Option [AHCI]

Security > Memory Protection > Execution Prevention [Enabled]

Security > Intel ® VT-d Feature [Disabled]

Security > Security Chip > Security Chip [Disabled]

Method

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

also i used clover bootloader on USB stick and somehow i started the installation!!

after reboot used -x -v npci=0x2000 to finalize installation!

I used Josh's kext and DSDT but now i have problem with

Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2175 (and 3095)

Little upadate

Now i have fully working T410i with Intel Graphics!!! :)

sound is working also (with sound assertion log ....)

The only that doesnt work is Sleep!! (used the T410 DSDT, after i wake the PC the Hard is working but the screen remains dead!)

Can anybody help me with Sleep/wake problem??

I searched internet but didn't find any solution.

Since I'm using DSDT from here do You think it can be related to it?

Or can it be related to USB problem after sleep, becouse I can wake my PC with

keyboard or trackpad???

@marko.m

not exactly sure what is going on with your system. if you are on ML 10.8.3 or 10.8.4, did you replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext with an older version? this is generally required to get sleep/wake working. v1.3.5 (from snow leopard) usually works.

tluck,

Well let me shortiy explain what I did,

I followed Vanilla method for installing Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on my T410i (Intel Graphics),

Im Using Chameleon 2.2 bootloader and i Have windows 7 instaled on same Hard drive. 

I used joshh's files for T410 and his DSDT!

The only things not working are

Wake / Sleep

Fingerprint( I dont need that)

Cardreader ( dont need that)

The FN+home bottons

I'm using joshh's AppleACPIPlatform.kext (v1.3.5) but the wakeup from sleep isn't working.

• 3 weeks later...

I am almost sure that my crashes were related to the audio kext in my T410, I am using the one from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/98-applehda-for-conexant-cx20585-ml-108/ (download) and I get no Sound Assertion messages.

I can also confirm that those kexts are working in mavericks (I had to upgrade consecutively until DP8, as installing the combo update directly gave me problems with the nvidia graphics cards).

Finally I got a perfect mac laptop! I had to buy another motherboard, as my graphics card died on my old one (and still had crashes on this one, so it wasn't the graphics card crashing the system)  :(

The only thing that I'm looking to improve in my laptop is cooling, I think the laptop gets quite hot easily, I'm going to install a new heatsink, but maybe the power management and fan control could be improved, if I get any improvements, I'll share here.

Hello Joshhh.

I know this forum is for the ThinkPad, but would you be willing to help me in creating an AppleHDA.kext for my Lenovo Ideapad z460?

My Codec is the Conexant cx20585, and its vendor id is 14f1_5069. It does not show when I run System Info.app (not System Information), the only thing I can see is the Audio Controller (vendor id 8086_3b56). I really appreciate your help.

I am attaching a Linux codec dump and a Vanilla dsdt.aml I extracted using Ubuntu 12.04 ok?

Thank You!!

Lenovo_z460_DSDT_Virgem_Linux.aml.zip

codec_dump.txt.zip

@viloulo

- your codec is very close to the on the T420 it is CX20590. 

see my post             #161             on what i did.

i dont know if you can fake it out by just telling OSX that it has a CX20590 (in the DSDT) and use the T420 AppleHDA?

you should be able to modify the AppleHDA.kext i created by changing your codec id from 14F1506E (mine) to 14F15069 (yours).

you need change AppleHDA binary, Layout12.xml.zlib and your DSDT to match. 

VoodooHDA may be an option too?

@viloulo

- your codec is very close to the on the T420 it is CX20590. 

see my post             #161             on what i did.

i dont know if you can fake it out by just telling OSX that it has a CX20590 (in the DSDT) and use the T420 AppleHDA?

you should be able to modify the AppleHDA.kext i created by changing your codec id from 14F1506E (mine) to 14F15069 (yours).

you need change AppleHDA binary, Layout12.xml.zlib and your DSDT to match. 

VoodooHDA may be an option too?

Hi tluck.

I will download your files and give it a go to see what happens. But from what I'd been reading this past week, it seems that some peoplle have managed to get the cx20585 working via DSDT edits.

I do realize VoodooHDA is an option, but due to the occasional KPs, I am gonna try to get AppleHDA to work. We'll see... 

But anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll post the results after I try your kext. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I've installed Mavericks last night on my T510 with unib**** and the package from here for 10.8. FakeSMC was used from the multibe**** installer, all other kext was installed by kext wizard and the other small configurations by Chameleon Wizard. It is important that you boot with "-v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Hi Guys, I am a bit stuck and would really appreciate your help.

I have successfully installed OS X Mavericks and 10.8.5 on T410 with Intel HD graphics. I am unable to control the screen brightness with DSDT installed. Without DSDT from this forum on page 1, the brightness control works but audio doesn't work.

With DSDT, the audio works but brightness control doesn't work...

Any idea how to control the screen brightness with DSDT ?

Many thanks

Joshua

Hello there,

I´ve just entered to the hackintosh world and community and this forum is simply awesome.

I have installed Mavericks on my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 and followed this guide and other ones.

The only things that I can not make work or are functioning differently from the original set:

• slash forward key (i cant enter the forwarded slash)
  • Brightness Control after loading OS X. (it does work, but it stops at the logon screen

Findings and unusual functioning.

I also noticed that system information shows the correct nvidia card. I can not play games though. Counter Strike for instance, it takes a lot for mouse response besides poor graphic acceleration (lagging)

Overall, the system is warmer than usual and the fan speed seems to be slower than the original config set.

Not working at all: wi-fi as stated. Im getting a Atheros card as advised.

I hope anyone could point me for these solutions as it has been nearly impossible to use de original keyboard because of heating and the missing slashforward key.

Thank you very much for this guide.

Shalom folks!

I'v got completely working solution for sound at T510/T410 + T520/W520(with different bin patch)

What we got

-sound autodetection speakers-headphones

-internal mic

-external mic with combo port as line in

to use headphones+external mic you need to use headset like iPhone use or any other phone with 4 pin TRRS mini-jack connector

also to get it working you should use some patch for HDEF dsdt section

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x0E)
						{
							"AAPL,slot-name",
							Buffer (0x09)
							{
								"Built in"
							},
							"device-id",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x69, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14
							},
							"layout-id",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x6E, 0x50, 0x00, 0x00
							},
							"model",
							Buffer (0x1A)
							{
								"HD Audio Conexant Cx20585"
							},
							"name",
							Buffer (0x11)
							{
								"Conexant Cx20585"
							},
							"device_type",
							Buffer (0x11)
							{
								"Audio Controller"
							},
//							 "hda-gfx",
//							 Buffer (0x0A)
//							 {
//								 "onboard-1"
//							 },
							"PinConfigurations",
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x00
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

Then install next with updated dsdt and reboot

T520/420/W520 machines should patch my next with your codec IDs

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x69\x50\xf1\x14|\x6e\x50\xf1\x14|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Good luck

This was the only solution that worked for my W510.

Thank you very much. I hope I can make everything works so that I can share an specific W510 guide.

Cheers

Mavericks Installation from Install OS X Mavericks.app

1. Prepare USB flash drive or HDD-SSD Partition for OS X Installer

For USB Flash - format it with options GUID, HFS+ Journaled

For HDD-SDD partition, disk should be GUID, format partition as HFS+ Journaled. In this case we need 2 partitions: Installer partition and target partition for installed OS X.

2. Prepare Installer

Open Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg. Restore OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg to USB Flash or Installer partition on HDD-SSD

Copy folder OS X Install ESD/Packages to Flash or Partition into /System/Installation/ with overwrite.

Extract mach_kernel from /System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg with Pacifist tool.

3. Install bootloader and kexts

For USB Flash: install Clover boot loader and necessary kexts into System/Library/Extensions. FakeSMC required for first Installer boot.

For Installer HDD-SSD partition: install necessary kexts into System/Library/Extensions

4. Boot Installer with ignored kextcache and Install Mavericks to selected partition

5. Reboot to working system and install necessary kexts to Installed 10.9 partition

6. Boot Installed and configured Mavericks

Kexts

You can use AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleHDA.kext from previous OS X versions

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleRTC can be patched with Clover boot loader while boot

post-120553-0-38845900-1384229572_thumb.png

You can use FakeSMC, IntelE1000e, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS2Controller and system monitoring kexts as is without modifications

Files

Mavericks in Appstore

Latest Clover

Clover Configuration Converter to convert clover config from versions 1xxx to 2xxx

Older kexts and dsdt

PS: Since I've sold my T510 this summer I no longer can test OS X on this hardware, but initial DP builds of Mavericks worked fine on it. So final version should too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This guide Is perfect also for thinkpad t410s (Intel HD) ,except for some dsdt modifications.

I'm attaching my all working config in case someone needs it.It includes

Fan readings and control,

Lpc loading (very cool temps with fan at the lowest level)

Sleep

Usb after sleep working

Brightness control

Atheros 9825 fix 

applehda,etc..

Also there is a perfectly calibrated Color profile

All the kexts go to /System/Library/Extensions 

OS X Mavericks

t410s.zip

• Like 4