64 replies to this topic

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
I made a test build based on 4.1.2.
I changed a code to check output queue size, and the upload problem might be fixed.

http://www.mediafire...zgdfmcih2c7vmyc

kokowashed

kokowashed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, although I tried it and it didn't work, hard reset needed again. I will continue to use it with other applications and will report back.

Thanks again.

navvy

navvy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the great work hnak! I use your driver on 3 Mac Pro 10.8 Servers and it works great for me.

I have found one interesting glitch though and don't know if it is a driver issue or a VMWare one.

We use Fusion 5 and have Mac and Windows VMs running. Fusion defaults to using a virtual e1000 network card which works on Apples' internal ports but wont work on the i350t4 I have installed.

I've worked out that if I change this to e1000e, which is the default setting for Mac VMs but not windows, it works fine. Any thoughts as to why this might be?

Through all of this, the native Mac OS can see the NIC and use it fine.

Happy to help with any further testing you might have/need for ours or any other problems. Our MacPros are 10.8.2 w/64Gb RAM and dual 6 core xeons.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
I have updated the driver to 4.1.2.
I enabled File Sharing (AFP) , then downloaded a 1GB binary data from another machine successfully.
I also used VirtualBox with the driver without any problem.

SwithDrawn

SwithDrawn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks so much for your work. It's working nicely except for some uploading issues...

I'm running 4.1.2 but am having trouble uploading files through FTP and also on my local network (AFP). For FTP, I can transfer one or two files, but with a large amount queued in Filezilla (set to do multiple transfers at once), it hangs fairly quickly and a reboot is required. For AFP, I can remotely connect to the machine and pull the file FROM my hackintosh, but not the other way around - Finder hangs and a reboot is required.

I would love to get it working because it seems very close to being fully functional- just let me know what you need for diagnostic purposes and I can provide it.

Running a supermicro X9DR3F with i350 chipset, Lion 10.7.4.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Does the problem exist in sending or receiving ( or both )
from the driver's poont of view ?

SwithDrawn

SwithDrawn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
It's just sending - I have no problems downloading, even a large queue of files over FTP.

What's strange to me is that if I I'm on another local box, remote connect to my the i350, and then pull files off of the i350 box, it will work fine. But if I try to drag files in Finder while on the i350 to another local machine, it will fail.

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Does this driver do WoL from shutdown?

I use EXPI9301CTBLK Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Intel 82574L ethernet controller with ML own driver (edited plist) and WoL works ONLY from Sleep
On shutdown the power to the card is cut, so no WoL can happen

Ofcourse it is software (ML) fault, as same machine Linux booted works fine (WoL on shutdown, as the power to the card is supplied)

sebus

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Does this driver do WoL from shutdown?

I use EXPI9301CTBLK Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Intel 82574L ethernet controller with ML own driver (edited plist) and WoL works ONLY from Sleep
On shutdown the power to the card is cut, so no WoL can happen

Ofcourse it is software (ML) fault, as same machine Linux booted works fine (WoL on shutdown, as the power to the card is supplied)

sebus

Max OS X supports Wake from Sleep only.

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
That is so sad! It must be software limitation (right?), as obviously the hardware (GA-Z77N-Wifi with Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter) works perfectly fine if different OS is used to control it

Good to know anyway.

Hope that 10.8.3 might make a difference

kokowashed

kokowashed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just wanted to report that I continue to have problems while uploading files (OSX 10.8.3, Motherboard: Z9PE-D16, 2 Xeons E5), I'm using the latest 4.1.2 update.

Thanks!

legolee

legolee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I would like to report the upload problem still exists with 4.1.2 kext, on 10.8.4

when upload data rate is high, the ethernet will just hang and require unplugging and replugging.

network utility shows no error package.

I hope this can be resolved.

The linux driver has been updated to 4.3, would hnak be free to update the port?

I am willing to bend backward to help (with my limited knowledge).

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

I have just uploaded the latest one (4.3.0).

It took relatively a long time to port, as the code base had changed more than before.

I did not do anything special, so it may still hangs when data rate is high.

Current build crashes if unloaded. By the same reason, max packet size cannot be changed, so jumbo frame does not work.  

---> fixed (hopefully) now.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

I have just updated the driver, whose version is 5.0.5 now.

Output stall has also been fixed.

legolee

legolee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

hnak, thanks a lot!

upgraded to latest kext, everything seems to be stable (and network speed report is normal now).

I am yet to test if upload is stable, since my other computers are not around, will test and report back!

gokussl

gokussl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm using Xmac Mini Server from Sonnet. It adds PCI-Express slots via thunderbolt for a Mac Mini Server. I have tried this Kext with the i340-t4 and it will not install.

Any Ideas?

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

I'm using Xmac Mini Server from Sonnet. It adds PCI-Express slots via thunderbolt for a Mac Mini Server. I have tried this Kext with the i340-t4 and it will not install.

Any Ideas?

. check if your adapter appears in PCI device list - you can use System Info utility somewhere in this forum.

. If detected, check if the decive ID is listed in the Info.plist of the driver.

. If listed, try kextload manually.

gokussl

gokussl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I did find the Network Card in the PCI device list but it showed up as "Ethernet" with no Driver Installed. The device ID was in the Info.plist and when I reloaded it manually it didn't change anything. I rebooted multiple times and still no driver installed.

I also tried to modify the Info.plist to model the ThunderBolt adapter plist but that didn't help either.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

I did find the Network Card in the PCI device list but it showed up as "Ethernet" with no Driver Installed. The device ID was in the Info.plist and when I reloaded it manually it didn't change anything. I rebooted multiple times and still no driver installed.

I also tried to modify the Info.plist to model the ThunderBolt adapter plist but that didn't help either.

You can try kextutil intead of kextload to get more verbose messages.

If the drivers fails during its startup sequence, you have to build the driver yourself and add logs.

Can you load other ethernet adapters via Thunderbolt ?

FusselFux

FusselFux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

hi. I'm having a bug with os x 10.8.5 after sleep:

21.09.13 08:22:58,067 Adium[853]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.
21.09.13 08:22:58,068 Adium[853]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.
21.09.13 08:23:30,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
21.09.13 08:23:30,310 configd[18]: network changed: v4(en0+:192.168.0.42) DNS+ Proxy+ SMB
21.09.13 08:23:30,337 configd[18]: setting hostname to "unbekannt.fritz.box"
21.09.13 08:23:33,420 apsd[60]: <APSConnectionNotificationQueue: 0x7f83b4812f80>: outstanding count -1 for com.apple.apsd-queue-port=com.apple.syncdefaultsd.push-user=501-env=production
21.09.13 08:23:33,426 apsd[60]: <APSConnectionNotificationQueue: 0x7f83b4812f80>: outstanding count -1 for com.apple.apsd-queue-port=com.apple.syncdefaultsd.push-user=501-env=production
21.09.13 08:23:33,427 apsd[60]: <APSConnectionNotificationQueue: 0x7f83b4812f80>: outstanding count -1 for com.apple.apsd-queue-port=com.apple.syncdefaultsd.push-user=501-env=production
21.09.13 08:23:33,427 apsd[60]: <APSConnectionNotificationQueue: 0x7f83b4812f80>: outstanding count -1 for com.apple.apsd-queue-port=com.apple.syncdefaultsd.push-user=501-env=production

my Mainboard is the GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 Bios F7

Installed Kext:

AppleIGB.kext

works till the computer goes to sleep and after wakeup not working. is not detecting that cable is plugged in

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

used for the other network card

edit:

complete log from boot to sleep to wake till now

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy