{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

first of all thanks for that great tutorial, i got everything working (except of course wlan (its the Intel 1030), the trackpad and the gt525) but theres one thing i don't know how to fix and thats the sleep. i can't seem to find an SleepEnabler.kext anywhere for 10.7.3 and as i read in some other threads i just need to edit my dsdt but i don't know how to do that :S

Could any of you Guys please Help me? :D

Specs:

Intel i5-2450m 2.50 GHz

6GB RAM

1TB Hard Drive

I would be very glad if someone could tell me how to fix that :)

remove sleepenabler.kext and appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and nullcpupowermanagements.kext from /system/library/extensions then install these kexts with kext utility (drag kext to app) download here http://cvad-mac.naro....app.v2.5.1.zip <-- kext utility and here http://jumbofiles.com/dh10j6iqwg9a <-- appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext patched + org.chameleon.boot.plist + smbios . plist + dsdt modified

put dsdt + org.chameleon.boot.plist + smbios.plist + in extra folder (/extra/)

install them and reply enjoy

NB: ur system will boot into 64bit mode

i'm leaving you guys, sold my Dell, bought macbook Pro 15 inch, if you will need any info, please ask. :)

Congratulations to you

Ok, i did all what you said regarding qe/ci.

Maybe i'm wrong about this QE/CI? i have one openGL required screensaver, and it doesn't work so i don't have QE/CI, right?

I have already patched appleintelcpupowermanagment and installed all kext's from your archive, but what i have to do with these *.bundle packages?

i solved wifi problem by using this kext: Atheros AR9285 fix - Downloads - OSx86.net

install *.bundle packages too can you give me screenshot of your gfx info maybe i can resolve your problem

• Like 1

Hey, will this work on a Dell n5050 I wonder?

• Processor: Intel Core i3 Sandy Bridge
  • Audio: IDT Audio Codec
  • Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • WiFi: Atheros AR5B95
  • Ethernet: RealTek 8169

yes wil work fine exept dsdt is not the same as n5110 so you don't put dsdt on ur extra folder and

here is atheros wifi driver for ur model

http://www.osx86.net/view/2341-atheros_ar5b95_wireless_network_adapter.html

Thanx for the quick reply, I generated my own DSDT using DSDT Patcher GUI

I cannot get the graphics to work (VGA only)

and I got the Atheros driver to load, but it won't connect

I'm updating to 10.7.3 right now so we'll see if there are any changes

Update:

nope, that broke it worse :(

Update 2:

everything is working except wifi (doesn't turn light on but says it's connected)

I tried it again using ########: User DSDT, Universal Audio, I forget the rest

the trick was - after the 1st boot install, doing a -v GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f which put me into safe mode, force and verbose mode and allowed me to install ###### correctly. . .Video graphics then worked OTB

Just got to get that dang wifi to connect properly!

Update Final:

everything works

http://wiki.osx86pro...#Inspiron_N5050

Edited by .: ErmaC :.

Thanx for the quick reply, I generated my own DSDT using DSDT Patcher GUI

I cannot get the graphics to work (VGA only)

and I got the Atheros driver to load, but it won't connect

I'm updating to 10.7.3 right now so we'll see if there are any changes

Update:

nope, that broke it worse :(

try iatkos l2 it's better and gfx should will work

remove sleepenabler.kext and appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and nullcpupowermanagements.kext from /system/library/extensions then install these kexts with kext utility (drag kext to app) download here http://cvad-mac.naro....app.v2.5.1.zip <-- kext utility and here http://jumbofiles.com/dh10j6iqwg9a <-- appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext patched + org.chameleon.boot.plist + smbios . plist + dsdt modified

okay i did everything as you said, but now i cant get it to even boot .... i get a "Can't find /mach_kernel"

what should i do now? :S

okay i did everything as you said, but now i cant get it to even boot .... i get a "Can't find /mach_kernel"

what should i do now? :S

ok that's easy

at boot write "-v mach_kernel" and assure that you have mach_kernel at root "/mach_kernel" if you don't have this file download here http://jumbofiles.com/13rcft1yowy8 for 10.7.3 vanilla kernel and put it at osx drive

via windows "macdrive"

ok that's easy

at boot write "-v mach_kernel" and assure that you have mach_kernel at root "/mach_kernel" if you don't have this file download here http://jumbofiles.com/13rcft1yowy8 for 10.7.3 vanilla kernel and put it at osx drive

via windows "macdrive"

ok you probably must think i'm very stupid if i ask you this, but how exactly should i do this? i dont have windows installed on the dell and i cant get a ubuntu live cd to work haha :S

Okay BootCD doesnt work either :S Is there any other way i can get access to the hard drive ?

mmmmm okey, i have a great solution

download and burn iatkos l2

after boot go to utility and install chameleon 2

or install iatkos l2 distro i think it's great and it has all the driver of our laps.

i you need help look at this topic http://wiki.osx86pro...#Inspiron_N5110 and follow iatkos l2

good luck

Hi everyone.

I have the newest N5110 Core i7, with A09 Dell BIOS.

I am beginning to believe that I will never get a working bootloader on this machine. Startup goes very quickly to 0MB NVIDIA GT525m, and then freeze, or black screen freeze (no HDD activity after that).

Somewhere I read that BIOS will not boot from GUID partition, so I did an MBR install (after patching OSInstall etc.) but that had an identical result.

I have tried many different guides, but if someone with working Core i7 N5110, could help me with necessary bootloader installer, kexts and dsdt.aml and smbios.plist, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I would be very grateful indeed. I have had 10.6.7 installed and booting off CD bootloader, but vital startup kexts get overridden, and muck everything up.

Pls help, I would like to get this booting off HDD!

mmmmm okey, i have a great solution

download and burn iatkos l2

after boot go to utility and install chameleon 2

or install iatkos l2 distro i think it's great and it has all the driver of our laps.

i you need help look at this topic http://wiki.osx86pro...#Inspiron_N5110 and follow iatkos l2

good luck

yeah i installed it on my dell with iatkos l1 in the first place... but i don't get why i should install chameleon, because i already have it installed or do you mean reinstall? does installing chameleon again create mach_kernel?

I have installed 10.7.3 on my Dell Inspiron N 4110 using U.B/M.B method, and it's running great with sound, wifi etc. Only issue is that it does not reboot or shutdown. But I can do both from the command mode. The graphical mode does not do this. I tried DSDT patch from here but after doing that now the shutdown makes the system reboot. This reboot happens without the lights on the power switch or the other three keys blinking..

How can I have normal reboot and shutdown??

yeah i installed it on my dell with iatkos l1 in the first place... but i don't get why i should install chameleon, because i already have it installed or do you mean reinstall? does installing chameleon again create mach_kernel?

okay i dissembled my laptop ... connected the hard drive as an external to my desktop mac and removed mach_kernel (yes there already was one) and replaced it with your one, built the laptop back and i still doesn't boot and says that it can't find mach_kernel

why?? :S

ZAZA__,

You need to set permissions on the kernel, in /

sudo -s

chmod 644 mach_kernel

chown root:wheel mach_kernel

touch mach_kernel

That should do the trick!

OK, I have managed to install N*resh Lion 10.7.2 on my N5110 Core i7 (2.2GHz)

Due to time constraints, I have not had time to thoroughly test it. I have working Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 384MB, external USB WiFi (thanks to some help), Keyboard/Touchpad (no multitouch at all), USB 3.0 works (WiFi dongle needs to be in USB 2.0 slot tho?).

What I have discovered is that non of the DSDT files I have stored, actually work, and if I use the long device-properties in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the graphics fall over on startup.

I am not an expert at Lion, and an absolute beginner at Intel HD Graphics, but I need some help getting sound/battery-power management, and sleep working. Also, I would love a PS2 trackpad driver that works with the control panel. Oh, and working brightness.

Cheers, and many thanks.

ZAZA__,

You need to set permissions on the kernel, in /

sudo -s

chmod 644 mach_kernel

chown root:wheel mach_kernel

touch mach_kernel

That should do the trick!

So i tried that too. Didn't work either :S

But instead i put the old files back and now everything is working as before...

In which file is the Sleepmode set? I saw that at least my boot.plist and the smbios.plist are almost completely similar to the ones amiiine gave me.. so i think its in the dsdt, right?

I'm attaching my dsdt and maybe you can figure out what to change :)

DSDT.aml.zip

please amiine would your custom DSDT and kexts work for my n7110, (the 17'' version of the n5110) i7 2670QM , intel HD Graphics, GT 525, cause i cant get my own custom DSDT winth DSDTSE that gaves me always 201 errors when compiling to get my HD 3000 working?

okay i dissembled my laptop ... connected the hard drive as an external to my desktop mac and removed mach_kernel (yes there already was one) and replaced it with your one, built the laptop back and i still doesn't boot and says that it can't find mach_kernel

why?? :S

So i tried that too. Didn't work either :S

But instead i put the old files back and now everything is working as before...

In which file is the Sleepmode set? I saw that at least my boot.plist and the smbios.plist are almost completely similar to the ones amiiine gave me.. so i think its in the dsdt, right?

I'm attaching my dsdt and maybe you can figure out what to change :)

okey the DSDT is the problem i will test it now and recompile it then i will give you new dsdt with correct values

After test the DSDT is not the problem and there is same as mine

I remember that i was able to repair mach_kernel not found problem when i click return a couple of times the system start up and i remember this problem has been shown only at iatkos l1 and i don't know why

Edited by amiiine
  • Like 1

Hi everyone.

I have the newest N5110 Core i7, with A09 Dell BIOS.

I am beginning to believe that I will never get a working bootloader on this machine. Startup goes very quickly to 0MB NVIDIA GT525m, and then freeze, or black screen freeze (no HDD activity after that).

Somewhere I read that BIOS will not boot from GUID partition, so I did an MBR install (after patching OSInstall etc.) but that had an identical result.

I have tried many different guides, but if someone with working Core i7 N5110, could help me with necessary bootloader installer, kexts and dsdt.aml and smbios.plist, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I would be very grateful indeed. I have had 10.6.7 installed and booting off CD bootloader, but vital startup kexts get overridden, and muck everything up.

Pls help, I would like to get this booting off HDD!

OK, I have managed to install N*resh Lion 10.7.2 on my N5110 Core i7 (2.2GHz)

Due to time constraints, I have not had time to thoroughly test it. I have working Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 384MB, external USB WiFi (thanks to some help), Keyboard/Touchpad (no multitouch at all), USB 3.0 works (WiFi dongle needs to be in USB 2.0 slot tho?).

What I have discovered is that non of the DSDT files I have stored, actually work, and if I use the long device-properties in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the graphics fall over on startup.

I am not an expert at Lion, and an absolute beginner at Intel HD Graphics, but I need some help getting sound/battery-power management, and sleep working. Also, I would love a PS2 trackpad driver that works with the control panel. Oh, and working brightness.

Cheers, and many thanks.

look

at boot write "GraphicsEnabler=No" because the system hang up at boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and Apple Dos Not Support Optimus Driver until now so we still back to Integrated Graphic

about battery install voodoobattery

about sound install voodooHda 2.7.3 OR give me your DSDT to make some audio hack and remove voodoohda replace it with applehda

about brightness works good go system preferences - display and change it

about trackpad panel don't work with alps dell touchpad so the only thing is to remove voodoops2controller.kext from S*/L*/E* and install this kext http://jumbofiles.com/lxeb124nt5l9

please amiine would your custom DSDT and kexts work for my n7110, (the 17'' version of the n5110) i7 2670QM , intel HD Graphics, GT 525, cause i cant get my own custom DSDT winth DSDTSE that gaves me always 201 errors when compiling to get my HD 3000 working?

try it i think it work and send me your dsdt.aml to compile it

I have installed 10.7.3 on my Dell Inspiron N 4110 using U.B/M.B method, and it's running great with sound, wifi etc. Only issue is that it does not reboot or shutdown. But I can do both from the command mode. The graphical mode does not do this. I tried DSDT patch from here but after doing that now the shutdown makes the system reboot. This reboot happens without the lights on the power switch or the other three keys blinking..

How can I have normal reboot and shutdown??

try to remove evoreboot and you have to install speed stepper for lion http://www.insanelym...opic=258611�and go to system preferences - EnergySaver - check all cases uncheked

or try this DSDT

dsdt_14r_stable.zip

• Like 1

Is there any way to disable the Intel gfx card and keep the Nvidia ? Indeed, my Nvidia card seems to be recognized and kexts are loaded, but I couldn't get the Intel to work. QE/CI is disabled and I'm stuck at 1024*768 resolution because Mac OS X is trying to use the Intel by default. Is there any way to force the OS to use the Nvidia card ?

Is there any way to disable the Intel gfx card and keep the Nvidia ? Indeed, my Nvidia card seems to be recognized and kexts are loaded, but I couldn't get the Intel to work. QE/CI is disabled and I'm stuck at 1024*768 resolution because Mac OS X is trying to use the Intel by default. Is there any way to force the OS to use the Nvidia card ?

can you take snapshot of ur intel gfx info ??

and for nvidia don't work untill now :( and if you disable integrated gfx you can't boot anymore cause chameleon / chimera bootloader recognize nvidia card but the system reject it like Asus U43SD Users they can't boot into the system cause the system can't recognize gt520M.

• Like 1

can you take snapshot of ur intel gfx info ??

and for nvidia don't work untill now :( and if you disable integrated gfx you can't boot anymore cause chameleon / chimera bootloader recognize nvidia card but the system reject it like Asus U43SD Users they can't boot into the system cause the system can't recognize gt520M.

Here's my Intel gfx info :

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0116

Revision ID: 0x0009

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768