{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

how are you mohamed:D..miss you gdn wlahe ya wa7sh:)..the lap is getting too hot and the fan works every minute even if i do nothing..i downloaded istate program to discover the temperature..it's always 56 for cpu A and cpu B and when the fan works the temp is 52..what shall i do????

Please write tutorial, how to get vga output working.

here you go

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259705&st=0

i attached 10.7.3 one for lids + vga

how are you mohamed:D..miss you gdn wlahe ya wa7sh:)..the lap is getting too hot and the fan works every minute even if i do nothing..i downloaded istate program to discover the temperature..it's always 56 for cpu A and cpu B and when the fan works the temp is 52..what shall i do????

it is general try cool it and fan will stop

also attached new fakesmc and sensors by kozlek

• Like 1

Hi,

I followed the instructions on the first page, and this is the 1st time I am installing OS X on non-mac computer. I've downloaded iAtkos L2 dmg, replaced the extra folder, installed bootloader using Chameleon and finally booted the the setup process from a flash drive I've stuck at the loading screen, nothing happens, just gray screen

mac_os_x_boot_screen.jpg

How long do I need to wait? Is there any possibility to turn on verbose mode?

I manage to start selecting option arch=i386, but my trackpad doesn't work :( I tried and usb mouse, and still not working, so I cannot install OS :( Please help.

Do you have your mouse plugged into a usb 3.o port? if so, try a 2.0 port

Thanks, I managed to install OS X using keyboard, but now I have a problem. It won't start at all :(

Without any additional flags it freezes at:

nvidia unknown 0 mb

So, I tried GraphicsEnabler=No flag, the it freezes at

DSMOS has arrived
NTFS driver 3.0 [Flags: R/W].
NTFS volume name SYSTEM, version 3.1.
NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

And I cannot do anything :( Please help!

p.s. i tried flags -x -f

i was busy the last few days some exams + windows 8 beta testing :)

also tried mountain lion there is auto restart

did any one tried it ?

thanks

LordZORG for translation

-------

alek

download 10.7.3 hotiso

i want to rewrite topic as there are many updates needed to be integrated to main topic

to become more clear :)

Hey I'm running lion 10.7.3 successfully on my n5110 and almost everything works(except sleep, nvidia card and bluetooth (which does work sometimes i don't know why)). The main problem i have is with my trackpad which does work but I'm not able to get side scrolling or two finger scrolling to work. So if someone could help me with that it would really be appreciated. Thank You.

Hey I'm running lion 10.7.3 successfully on my n5110 and almost everything works(except sleep, nvidia card and bluetooth (which does work sometimes i don't know why)). The main problem i have is with my trackpad which does work but I'm not able to get side scrolling or two finger scrolling to work. So if someone could help me with that it would really be appreciated. Thank You.

Now there are no kexts to make your trackpad fully working.

Mohamed, thanks to your guide I was able to get my N5110 up. My N5110 is an i5 with Intel HD 3000 only. With a clean 10.7.0 install I was able to get everything up and running except for HDMI audio (VGA and HDMI video work fine). However, as soon as i update to 10.7.2 or 10.7.3, it get the dreaded 5 second video freeze. Tried patching different connector combinations in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and DSDT, but still unable to resolve the constant freezing. Do you have any ideas?

Also, do you know what i need to patch to get HDMI audio working? Using your dsdt patch and the patched AppleHDA.kext, the internal IDT works fine.

Thanks

Mohamed, thanks to your guide I was able to get my N5110 up. My N5110 is an i5 with Intel HD 3000 only. With a clean 10.7.0 install I was able to get everything up and running except for HDMI audio (VGA and HDMI video work fine). However, as soon as i update to 10.7.2 or 10.7.3, it get the dreaded 5 second video freeze. Tried patching different connector combinations in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and DSDT, but still unable to resolve the constant freezing. Do you have any ideas?

Also, do you know what i need to patch to get HDMI audio working? Using your dsdt patch and the patched AppleHDA.kext, the internal IDT works fine.

Thanks

see pervious pages there are solution for freezing by replacing internal lcd

about intel audio throw hdmi i dont have this to add it i have nvidia audio throw hdmi and nvidia card is useless on mac:(

so i will see what i can do for hdmi audio throw intel card on notebooks with out nvidia card later :)

about intel audio throw hdmi i dont have this to add it i have nvidia audio throw hdmi and nvidia card is useless on mac:(

so i will see what i can do for hdmi audio throw intel card on notebooks with out nvidia card later :)

Mohamed would not be better to put an entry in the manual for those who have this problem ?

You may know that I did numerous tests to try to fix it,

my post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=271573&view=findpost&p=1799220

[ ]

I finally got HDMI audio to work. Need to add the below changes to DSDT. I tested on 2 different HDMI devices and it's both working. Feel free to add it to your guide. Note that my N5110 only has integrated Intel 3000.

I added to both GFX0 and HDEF.

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
       "onboard-2"
}

As for the system freeze, I believe it's driver related since i only have the problem with 10.7.2-10.7.3. I read that even real mac user are having similar issues.

i am sorry about not giving answers this days

as i am busy on my college

there are many message to me about probelms on setuping mac

i will rewrite guide again with full details of my method on setuping mac

i will have an exam this week when i finish it will rewrite gudie so please wait

Hello everyone!

I have Dell n5110 just like Mohamed have.

Thanks to Mohamed Khairy i was able to install 10.7.2. iatkos l2. But i still have 2 issues:

1) I cant get wifi to work correctly. I tryed fakesmc and atheros kexts from latest posts, but this gave me KP. Where to get proper kexts for WiFi?

2) I cant get Intel CI/QE working, cause if i use GraphicsEnabler=yes boot flag, it freezes at "Nvidia unknown 0mb", how to fix that?

i use Mohamed DSDT file.

thank you!

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I have Dell n5110 just like Mohamed have.

Thanks to Mohamed Khairy i was able to install 10.7.2. iatkos l2. But i still have 2 issues:

1) I cant get wifi to work correctly. I tryed fakesmc and atheros kexts from latest posts, but this gave me KP. Where to get proper kexts for WiFi?

2) I cant get Intel CI/QE working, cause if i use GraphicsEnabler=yes boot flag, it freezes at "Nvidia unknown 0mb", how to fix that?

i use Mohamed DSDT file.

thank you!

I installed iatkos l2 too and works very well wifi + bluetooth (sometime) + qe/ci

do not write GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot because the system will switch to Nvidia card Not supported until now

try login with these flags '-x -f -v' and remove archs line from '/extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist' to allow it boot 64 bit mode

next try to patch 'applecintelcpupowermanagement' with the version of your osx here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611

remove 'sleepenabler' and 'nullcpupowermanagement' from '/system/library/extensions' and install my kexts related Intel Integrated Card here http://www.mediafire.com/?u13oz5haznxzysd

rebuild cache and reboot your system will login into 64 bit with full qe/ci

And about wifi if your card is atheros (Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n) the system will detect it automatically but if not the card is not compatible like intel centrino and bcm etc ...

Ok, i did all what you said regarding qe/ci.

Maybe i'm wrong about this QE/CI? i have one openGL required screensaver, and it doesn't work so i don't have QE/CI, right?

I have already patched appleintelcpupowermanagment and installed all kext's from your archive, but what i have to do with these *.bundle packages?

i solved wifi problem by using this kext: Atheros AR9285 fix - Downloads - OSx86.net

Hey Guys,

first of all thanks for that great tutorial, i got everything working (except of course wlan (its the Intel 1030), the trackpad and the gt525) but theres one thing i don't know how to fix and thats the sleep. i can't seem to find an SleepEnabler.kext anywhere for 10.7.3 and as i read in some other threads i just need to edit my dsdt but i don't know how to do that :S

Could any of you Guys please Help me? :D

Specs:

Intel i5-2450m 2.50 GHz

6GB RAM

1TB Hard Drive

I would be very glad if someone could tell me how to fix that :)