{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hello Inspironers!

Sorry for my bad English.

After installing all needed kexts I can load my Hackintosh but QE doesn't work.

When I'm trying your DSDT.aml (intel+atheros and nvidia+atheros variants), screen gets blank after booting. Only method to prevent blanking is connecting external monitor before booting, in that case all goes well (with some freezes).

Having Inspiron N5110 with i5 and nvidia 525m "optimused".

Any issues?

Hi everybody,

I am totally new to Intel Mac install, & have Dell Inspiron 5110 i7. Please anyone can guide me where I can download the CD image required to install Mac and any boot CD required, their download links?

Thanks

google it !!

Hello Inspironers!

Sorry for my bad English.

After installing all needed kexts I can load my Hackintosh but QE doesn't work.

When I'm trying your DSDT.aml (intel+atheros and nvidia+atheros variants), screen gets blank after booting. Only method to prevent blanking is connecting external monitor before booting, in that case all goes well (with some freezes).

Having Inspiron N5110 with i5 and nvidia 525m "optimused".

Any issues?

which version of bios you use

> which version of bios you use

it doesn't matter at this time: I tried to pdate to 10.7.3 and kernel panic come to me when update goes… ;)

I need to reinstall? :)

UPD: restored without reinstallation: I installed combo update from virtualbox to real hard drive with my hack, returned AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to proper place and just rebooted ;)

AA,

I have bought an N7110 which is basically the 17" version of the N5110 with i7-2670QM - 6GB RAM - Intel HD 3000 and Nvidia 525m.

I installed iAtkos L2 on my laptop but I keep getting problems with my gfx. QE/CI can't be enabled. I copied both the DSDT (nvidia +atheros one) and the kexts you uploaded on the first post.

1/ If I start up with GraphicsEnabler=yes I get an error (Unknown Nvidia Nvc1).

2/ When I try to boot up in verbose mode, I get "DSMOS has arrived, Nvidia HAL 100 loaded " then I get a black screen. Keyboard works (so the system is probably running) but I get no display at all (just a black screen)

3/ When I reomve the IntelHD related kexts and reboot, I can get into the OS X, but without QE/CI. My Nvidia card is recognised but my Intel HD isn't (device ID=0x0116). Of course, I cannot change the display resolution (1024x768).

So, 1/ is there a way to disable the Intel gfx (no option in the BIOS) and enable QE/CI with the nvidia?

2/ Otherwise, can anyone who got it working zip his system/Library/Extensions folder and upload it here?

Or at least can you upload Intel and Nvidia gfx related kexts ? (maybe sthg is wrong with my kexts)

Thank you very much !

I have spent more than 2 weeks trying to figure out the error with no luck !

thanks, it works ;) VoodooHDA causes KP on boot, it's feature, bug or my hands problem?

use applehda !!

AA,

I have bought an N7110 which is basically the 17" version of the N5110 with i7-2670QM - 6GB RAM - Intel HD 3000 and Nvidia 525m.

I installed iAtkos L2 on my laptop but I keep getting problems with my gfx. QE/CI can't be enabled. I copied both the DSDT (nvidia +atheros one) and the kexts you uploaded on the first post.

2/ When I try to boot up in verbose mode, I get "DSMOS has arrived, Nvidia HAL 100 loaded " then I get a black screen. Keyboard works (so the system is probably running) but I get no display at all (just a black screen)

3/ When I reomve the IntelHD related kexts and reboot, I can get into the OS X, but without QE/CI. My Nvidia card is recognised but my Intel HD isn't (device ID=0x0116). Of course, I cannot change the display resolution (1024x768).

So, 1/ is there a way to disable the Intel gfx (no option in the BIOS) and enable QE/CI with the nvidia?

2/ Otherwise, can anyone who got it working zip his system/Library/Extensions folder and upload it here?

Or at least can you upload Intel and Nvidia gfx related kexts ? (maybe sthg is wrong with my kexts)

Thank you very much !

setup retail !!

AA,

Thank you very much !

mmmmmm i have iatkos L2 upgraded to 10.7.3 and works very well

my graphic card work nice (intel HD 3000)

i remeber my first install of iatkos i resolve my problem for the screen display

intel HD 3000 with QE/CI work but not intel

here is what i do just simple modification of my DSDT.aml

try this post http://www.tonymacx8...hp?f=15&t=28851

try my extra folder and install these kexts with kext utility

http://www.mediafire...22x7antxrzox960

good luck

• Like 1

mmmmmm i have iatkos L2 upgraded to 10.7.3 and works very well

my graphic card work nice (intel HD 3000)

i remeber my first install of iatkos i resolve my problem for the screen display

intel HD 3000 with QE/CI work but not intel

here is what i do just simple modification of my DSDT.aml

try this post http://www.tonymacx8...hp?f=15&t=28851

try my extra folder and install these kexts with kext utility

http://www.mediafire...22x7antxrzox960

good luck

Thank you very much. I got a black screen once again. Connecting the VGA port to an LCD external screen WORKED. But my internal display isn't detected when I press "Detect Displays". So, the laptop works but only through an external screen. Any ideas ?

I solved my internet+wireless problems.

For those who want wireless/faster speed over 'ethernet' AND have an Android/iOS phone just get PDANet (http://junefabrics.com/).

What this does?

It creates an network interface in our OSX and then you can use the usb cable to use the phone as an 'usb stick'. Follow the guide from the site and you are ready to go.

Thank you very much. I got a black screen once again. Connecting the VGA port to an LCD external screen WORKED. But my internal display isn't detected when I press "Detect Displays". So, the laptop works but only through an external screen. Any ideas ?

Read: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259705&view=findpost&p=1700218

Script to make: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259705&view=findpost&p=1792174

• Like 1

<p>I'm having some trouble installing 10.7.2 on an MBR disk. Even with patched files, when I go to install on my selected partition I get an error saying

<p>"Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer. The installer can't prepare the disk for installation. You may need to repair your disk using disk utility."

<p><br>

<p>Any ideas??

<p>I'm having some trouble installing 10.7.2 on an MBR disk. Even with patched files, when I go to install on my selected partition I get an error saying

<p>"Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer. The installer can't prepare the disk for installation. You may need to repair your disk using disk utility."

<p><br>

<p>Any ideas??

use 10.7.0 or 10.7.3

Yes!

good can you give us moreinfo about replacment