{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hi, ive installed the system right the first post says. But a i have two "little" problems:

1. The trackpad doesnt work properly: when im going to tap (click) the cursor going crazy (moves by self so i can't click accurate)

2. The Wifi signal is almost null, and, when its connected, the connection drops out.

Ive tested all alphas and betas ALPS touchpad kexts in the thread but all of them doesnt work (no cursor and keyboard doesnt work). When i use the voodoops2 located in Post install, it works but the trackpad is almost unusable.

Im using the DSDT that posted Dr. Hurt on his Extra Folder attached to thread.

Thank you for reading

Hi everyone. I have installed Mac Os X 10.8.3 on my Inspiron N5110.  A while it worked nice. Then I haven't run it about a month. Now I have problems with the display.
Here are some screenshots:

post-1165093-0-65082700-1377187914_thumb.jpg

post-1165093-0-66222700-1377187922_thumb.jpg

post-1165093-0-86694000-1377187931_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how to make it show normally? What do I need to install or do?

Hey guys =) i've been trying to install mac to my laptop (specs are in my sig.) but i have few problems

- BIOS doesnt recognize hackintosh USBs, even when i try to write a rboot cd usb doesnt show up, I've tried iAtkos L and ML1 and 2 and also another Distro Turkish fellows made. (I thought if it would be about windows usbs but it recognizes Linux based USBs as well)

- When i try to use a DVD mostly even setup screen doesnt show up but i got it only in iAtkos ML1 DVD, mouse pad wasnt working and usb mouse was acting weird but after a couple of times of trying with -f -v or graphicsenabler = no i made it work but it always crashed after install. 

These are main problems for now. i couldnt even get to the post install part. Can anybody help me with those issues? Thanks!

Hey guys =) i've been trying to install mac to my laptop (specs are in my sig.) but i have few problems

- BIOS doesnt recognize hackintosh USBs, even when i try to write a rboot cd usb doesnt show up, I've tried iAtkos L and ML1 and 2 and also another Distro Turkish fellows made. (I thought if it would be about windows usbs but it recognizes Linux based USBs as well)

- When i try to use a DVD mostly even setup screen doesnt show up but i got it only in iAtkos ML1 DVD, mouse pad wasnt working and usb mouse was acting weird but after a couple of times of trying with -f -v or graphicsenabler = no i made it work but it always crashed after install. 

These are main problems for now. i couldnt even get to the post install part. Can anybody help me with those issues? Thanks!

From what USB 2.0 or 3.0 will not boot?

@SpartakusMd:

Enable Chameleon's graphics enabler. For me it reduced the artefacts a lot. 

Am I right in thinking enabling graphics via boot loader will bypass any DSDT edits for graphics?

I ask as my friends inspiron has been plagued with artifacts from day one, they are not too bad most of the time, but no nearly as good as my pro book..

Maybe this is an option he can try, any downsides to using graphics enabler?

I am uncertain as to why some people seem to see these artifacts more than others. As this point, I believe only the HD 3000 has this problem, but I only saw it when I used an older version of FakeSMC. My steps to prevent them: patch my own DSDT as slight hardware differences could be an issue and always repair permissions and caches.

I am uncertain as to why some people seem to see these artifacts more than others. As this point, I believe only the HD 3000 has this problem, but I only saw it when I used an older version of FakeSMC. My steps to prevent them: patch my own DSDT as slight hardware differences could be an issue and always repair permissions and caches.

I never did get that extracted DSDT patched fully... Just the modifed one that we modified, could be that, or the fact its still using an older fakeSMC..

It was and old fakeSMC, version 4.2 perhaps...

I posted the DSDT extracted, untouched, but never got it patched..

whats the list of common patches applied to i core laptops, or a list specific to the inspiron?

If I had that list, I could find the patches and apply them myself and give it a go, along with the patch I have that fixed the black screen issue at boot.

محمد  انا نزلت الماك تمام ع الجهاز بس مشكلتي مع الخطوات اللي بعد التنصيب ... انا بعمل كل الخطوات تمام لغايه الخطوه اللي المفروض انسخ فيها ال كيكست لما اجي انسخه الي لمسار ده  (System/Library/Extensions .)

بيجبلي ايرور ويقولي ان الملفات دي مش هتشتغل اعد تسطيبها مره اخري ؟؟؟

مع العلم اني عملت باقي الخطوات اللي قبل الخطوه دي تمااااااام بس بوصل للخطوه دي واقف

ملحوظه  انا معملتش اب ديت للماك لان النت عندي بطئ جداا ومش هعرف اعمله .... فياريت لو ده هو السبب قولي اتفادي الخطوه دي اذاي

اسف علي الاطاله وفي انتظار مساعدتك

Ok weirdly i managed to boot iAtkos L1 for once after then it was mostly stuck on apple logo with loading circle. the problem was since that there was no internet i downloaded kexts to usb but this time none of the usbs recognized, not my thumb drive, and 1TB HDD. also Keyboard didnt work as well i had to use usb keyboard. i could use usb Mouse an keyboard but wasn't able to use any drives. My Cousin has an old macbook i'm waiting for her to make a Mountain Lion thumb drive with mac.

Can anybody help me?

Eren

Ok weirdly i managed to boot iAtkos L1 for once after then it was mostly stuck on apple logo with loading circle. the problem was since that there was no internet i downloaded kexts to usb but this time none of the usbs recognized, not my thumb drive, and 1TB HDD. also Keyboard didnt work as well i had to use usb keyboard. i could use usb Mouse an keyboard but wasn't able to use any drives. My Cousin has an old macbook i'm waiting for her to make a Mountain Lion thumb drive with mac.

Can anybody help me?

Eren

What prevents to do everything as a guide in the first post? This is a 100% working guide.