• Please log in to reply
2434 replies to this topic

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Can anyone confirm 100% what kext works in ML for the dell 1702 wireless card?

I'm also having an issue with the USB 3.0 ports, they will detect and run external HDDs fine, but will not allow any midi controller to work (I'll be trying the older Kext as suggested in the previous page anyway)

I think I'm most of the way there now, but like I said, Ive had to start from scratch after many fails following this guide, Ive not used any patched DSDT files etc yet, so I guess Im missing a few important parts, probably why none of my fn buttons work (no brightness etc) .

Ill get there I'm sure, happy to see this thread is in fact still alive now :)

Amadeu_Modigliani

Amadeu_Modigliani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Updated the bios a11 mod, but I'm having this error:
https://dl.dropbox.c...mp/IMG_0253.JPG

I'm not using c-states and p-states. I also tested with the original bios A11 + patch in AICPM (when I upgrade the bios mod a11 did not patch the AICPM).

Congratulations for the great effort you have done throughout this time! This changing my way of thinking about sharing information. Thank you.

SOLVED
the problem was in the SSDT, let alone DSDT.aml and ssdt.aml and removed the other files. aml and everything is working.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

Updated the bios a11 mod, but I'm having this error:
https://dl.dropbox.c...mp/IMG_0253.JPG

I'm not using c-states and p-states. I also tested with the original bios A11 + patch in AICPM (when I upgrade the bios mod a11 did not patch the AICPM).

Congratulations for the great effort you have done throughout this time! This changing my way of thinking about sharing information. Thank you.

You must enable c-states and p-states in chameleon.

Amadeu_Modigliani

Amadeu_Modigliani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I made a translation into Portuguese with adaptations:

Guia - Inspiron 15R(N5110) | Mountain Lion 10.8.2 - Português

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Here is what I did so far to make my system more stable:

- Revert to older version of PXHCD.kext (.10) as newer one (.11) trashes the system log and caused me a kernel panic once.
- Revert to AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller as VoodooPS2 caused my trackpad to go crazy!!
- Used patched VoodooHDA as the AppleHDA provided in the guide causes assertion errors during boot.
- Renamed devices in DSDT to their mac equivalents . (probably not needed, but just to be safe with future updates)

Can you confirm please, what VoodoHDA version you used?

Thanks

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Can you confirm please, what VoodoHDA version you used?

Thanks

2.8.2 and edited the info.plist to enable volume fix.

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

2.8.2 and edited the info.plist to enable volume fix.

Ok thanks, what needs editing in the plist to enable volume? (sorry, whilst im making progress, its all still pretty new to me)

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
its ok, I sorted that...

Ive managed to get myself stuck with a black display again, and the laptop sleeping, i fixed it before, cannot remember how lol.

it will work on hdmi output only .

argghhh

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Ok, heres my honest opinion on this guide.

I think it has the basis to get people started, and I'm sure some people completed without any problems.

Others, like myself have hit brick walls in places.

It seems that there is various amounts of info regarding issues, alternative methods to installing and fixes within the multiple pages of this guide.

For example, I, as well as others have found that booting without usb can cause a black screen, or what appears to be sleep issues.

I could boot with HDMI, unplug it, then my monitor would be fine.

A modified kext at about page 25(might have been page 55...lol) fixed that for me, as well as the fact, Im having to run without a DSDT.aml file atm, ill extract my own unmodified and put that into EXTRA for now, then apply patches to that as i learn a little more.

I think the first page is good, but with a little editing, it could be great, an updated list of problems, a link to the pages where they have been discussed or just direct links to the fixes?

alternative kext files with links for those with issues, ie voodooHDA, voodooPS2 which has fixed my audio issues, and others trackpad issues (im using this trackpad as a mouse also)

I'm happy to help improve this guide if I can, my knowledge is limited, but I have a little time I'm prepaerd to gather links of files, links to pages for fixes etc, if somebodoy is prepared to edit the front page with the required info?

Thanks

PavelDv92

PavelDv92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Can you share your knowledge in the simple post in this theme? If nobody will try to improve guide?

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I'm still completing the installation.

Have got wifi, bluetooth, audio working, added a brightness slider for now as fn buttons not working for that, I only have my unedited DSDT in place atm, I know I need to patch that.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,496 posts
@Rob1980:
Why are you trying to make the DSDT from scratch?

Anyway, here is the DSDT I'm currently using.
It has zero errors and zero warnings on compile. Give it a try :)

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA, only VoodooHDA will work!

Attached Files

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

@Rob1980:
Why are you trying to make the DSDT from scratch?

Anyway, here is the DSDT I'm currently using.
It has zero errors and zero warnings on compile. Give it a try :)

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA, only VoodooHDA will work!

My laptop would always boot to a black screen with the DSDT that was attached to this thread?

So Ive now patched my own, which is probably a better way, just longer method, Ive added the most common patches, as well as atheros patch for dw1702.

Currently everything working as it should, I had a few graphics artifacts with HD3000, so ive gone to FakeSMC 4.0 ( I know 4.2 is available) and using fan control to keep the base fan speed slightly higher to reduce any glitches.

brightness buttons are now working, as is audio, cardreader, battery, wifi, bluetooth, sleep, hmdi + audio, usb3.0, just got to find voodoops2 that doesnt go crazy on this laptop, then Im leaving the thing alone lol.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

My laptop would always boot to a black screen with the DSDT that was attached to this thread?

So Ive now patched my own, which is probably a better way, just longer method, Ive added the most common patches, as well as atheros patch for dw1702.

Currently everything working as it should, I had a few graphics artifacts with HD3000, so ive gone to FakeSMC 4.0 ( I know 4.2 is available) and using fan control to keep the base fan speed slightly higher to reduce any glitches.

brightness buttons are now working, as is audio, cardreader, battery, wifi, bluetooth, sleep, hmdi + audio, usb3.0, just got to find voodoops2 that doesnt go crazy on this laptop, then Im leaving the thing alone lol.

Could you please share your /Extra folder :)

PS. I found a better way to enable USB 3.0 on our system using the patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext from here: http://www.insanelym..._ patched xhci
Finally no more PXHCD nightmare.

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yeah no problem, once I have the laptop back again (its my friends, i use a 4530s) Ill paste the extra folder.

There is probably stuff that can be removed from it still, I plan to remove the last couple of Kexts from EE and move to SLE before reparing and rebuilding.

The last thing I did was set graphicsenabler to yes to try and reduce artifacts, not sure of the outcome of that yet ill know at the weekend when I see my friend again.

As for the USB 3.0 find, I wonder if this might fix certain issues I have with the 5110...?

the USB3.0 ports work with a mouse, or external hdd, usb drive etc.. but will not work with a midi controller, or an external soundcard.. so will be interesting to test that!!

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Ive applied the usb 3.0 fix to my probook, much better now!!

I'm waiting to get hold of my friends dell again, I need to apply a couple more patches, rebuild cache, and then perhaps look at slimming down the EXTRA folder.

lots of files still there from this guide, but I'm not sure what is actually needed as I havent followed the guide completely.

Vahagn-Doc

Vahagn-Doc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hey guys I've a problem with VGA.
Today I reinstall my OS X. And somehow my VGA doesn't work... I tried to install Clove but no luck.
After I get tried installing patched AppleIntelGraphicsFB.kext (got from this thread) still no success. I read whole thread 2 times. nothing helps :( Please help me, what to do??
VGA works under windows. SwitchResX is installed.

Vahagn-Doc

Vahagn-Doc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Okay, I fixed the issue with VGA. Here's what you need to do

1. Delete Kexts
2. Repair Permissions and system cache (I used kext Wizard)
3. Copy kexts from attachments file
4. Repair Permissions and system cache (I used kext Wizard)
5. Restart and you're done!

Delete these kexts, plugins and bundles:

AMD
- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext
- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle
- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

INTEL
- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
- AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle
- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
- AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

ATI
- ATI2400Controller.kext
- ATI2600Controller.kext
- ATI3800Controller.kext
- ATI4600Controller.kext
- ATI4800Controller.kext
- ATI5000Controller.kext
- ATI6000Controller.kext
- ATIFramebuffer.kext
- ATIRadeonX2000.kext
- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia
- GeForce.kext
- GeForceGA.plugin
- GeForceGLDriver.bundle
- GeForceVADriver.bundle
- NVDAGF100Hal.kext
- NVDAGK100Hal.kext
- NVDANV50Hal.kext
- NVDAResman.kext
- NVSMU.kext

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,496 posts
Deleting the HD3000 kexts will break hw acceleration!!

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I have to agree, I think you may have removed more than was needed there..

glad you got vga working, but Id put the Hd3000 kexts back and repair, if everything else works ok, you should be good.

I now have my friends laptop back again, Ive got everything working perfectly, no graphics artifacts (or I cannot get it to produce any this evening at least).

its just the bloody touchpad now, anyone got it working nicely with finger gestures?

Ive also applied the beter USB3.0 fix, and the imessage fix.

Edited by rob1980, 03 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy