@XLR
Posted Image

makwanad

makwanad

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I have just installed the consumer preview and I have to say I am a fan of Metro UI, I like how fluid it is. The only thing I dislike is how much of the space is wasted in Metro apps. I have a Nokia Lumia 800 and an Xbox 360 so I guess I'm generally used to the UI. Performance wise I would compare it to Windows 7, even with the original style desktop running.

I look forward to seeing more Metro UI apps, I hear Google are working on a Metro Chrome which will be nice. IE 10 is pretty slick also.

PS. If you're going to install using Bootcamp, use the Windows Support files, that way everything should work properly.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Looks like the last win8 update turned of the need to unhook your win8 harddrive if you dualboot osx and win8.
It did for me anyway.

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I'll leave the rest to somebody else but, no BSODs in Windows? It is like saying, no salt in the sea. Windows 7 has become stable for me only after almost 3 years of updates. Previously BSODs were a daily occurrence on all my PCs.

Sorry to hear that. My Windows 7 box was rock solid right out of the gates. I didn't see a BSOD until about six months ago. It was due to adding an OCZ SSD. It was pretty easy to diagnose because I had never seen a BSOD on a Win 7 machine before and I knew that SSD was the only thing I added. OCZ has been having massive problems with its SSDs.

If you are serious about using OS X, you should buy a Mac.

I was not aware of this rule. My Hackintosh runs OS X stuff fine. I woudn't spend $1,500 just to get the same thing. To me it is ecologically wasteful to buy another CPU, keyboard, speakers, mouse, monitor, etc. when you can do everything in one box you already own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy