[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

So, I have run the Recrendae script at least 7 times now and my drives are still showing up as external (orange).

This only happened after upgrading to 10.7.3, before I had them showing up as Grey internal after running Recrendae.

Can anyone please advise me? I have cleared caches, fixed permissions, and rebooted every time running Recrendae!

Also I am wondering does auto sleep work for anyone?

In the meantime I successfuly update to 10.7.1 but still booting error, I can only boot from USB Lionize, than I choose my Lion HD but I would like to fix this.

Which version of Chameleon do I need?

this is my boot error with chameleon 2.1r1518...

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: GPT

boot0: error

please help

thanks

i had this error as well but on a gigabyte h55n board

it seems when i updated using software update it screwwed up my efi partition

i could only boot from usb installer

it turns out that the drive has a bad sector(being used by the efi partition)

tried a clean install with no love

installed on new drive all is good

ps ........allways back up your drives before ANY update

i use cc cloner works very nice..copy the drive install boot loader ...done

Some of my drives have never shown up as internal. It's pretty much a cosmetic thing but recently I finally got sick of looking at them and installed IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

According to this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187910

The drives should be labeled ESB2 in the DSDT for them to be properly recognized as "internal" (Grey HD Icon) and not hot swappable (Orange Icon). The

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext performs the function of making your internal drives as ESB2

For a new Lion install (running 10.6.7 at present) Can the current 10.7.3 app store download be used as a replacement to 10.7 with the procedure in post #1? Will lionize work with 10.7.3.app

I cannot find 10.7 original app release available for download anywhere now.

I have tried 10.7.3.dmg bootable with the lionize script but it doesnt work

For a new Lion install (running 10.6.7 at present) Can the current 10.7.3 app store download be used as a replacement to 10.7 with the procedure in post #1? Will lionize work with 10.7.3.app

I cannot find 10.7 original app release available for download anywhere now.

I have tried 10.7.3.dmg bootable with the lionize script but it doesnt work

IYes works with booth .app and .dmg from 10.7.0 to 10.7.3.

PLS add your spec in signature.

Fabio

Yes works with booth .app and .dmg from 10.7.0 to 10.7.3.

PLS add your spec in signature.

Fabio

Thanks for confirming. When I run Lionize-dmg.command it reports InstallESD.dmg missing! Tried with .dmg in Applications and Lionize folder, desktop etc. Perhaps I have an unsuitable 10.7.3.dmg file?

Thanks for confirming. When I run Lionize-dmg.command it reports InstallESD.dmg missing! Tried with .dmg in Applications and Lionize folder, desktop etc. Perhaps I have an unsuitable 10.7.3.dmg file?

Make sure your .dmg image is unmounted...

when the script tell "InstallESD.dmg missing!" have you drag&drop the .dmg file into the terminal windows?

Fabio

Make sure your .dmg image is unmounted... when the script tell "InstallESD.dmg missing!" have you drag&drop the .dmg file into the terminal windows? Fabio

Thanks, i didn't know to do this. Dragged .dmg and found it. Appeared to be working till it got to this stage.

Adopting on-disk ownership on /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...

vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System': Invalid argument

vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System': Invalid argument

logout

[Process completed]

Output is set to a 8gb partition on a USB2 external drive, formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) GUID. After running Lionize, partition is no longer journaled

Fire Up your terminal:

show your disk

diskutil list

now cd into the Volumes folder

cd /Volumes/

then list the "contents"

ls

you probably see something strange like a unknown Volume "OS X Lion Install Disk"

delete it

Restart and try again Lionize

Fabio

Fire Up your terminal:

show your disk

diskutil list

now cd into the Volumes folder

cd /Volumes/

then list the "contents"

ls

you probably see something strange like a unknown Volume "OS X Lion Install Disk"

delete it

Restart and try again Lionize

Fabio

Thanks!, the following command in Terminal fixed:-

mv "each false volume name" /

After step 6, I can boot into Lion and finish the install config as long as i dont apply step 7

When I apply Step 7 ./finalize /Volumes/Lion

There are the following errors:-

ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

Errors encountered during startup up the computer

Pausing 5 seconds....

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered

0 0 AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

Still waiting for root device

Any ideas?

• Like 1

After step 6, I can boot into Lion and finish the install config as long as i dont apply step 7

When I apply Step 7 ./finalize /Volumes/Lion

There are the following errors:-

ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

Errors encountered during startup up the computer

Pausing 5 seconds....

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered

0 0 AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

Still waiting for root device

Any ideas?

After problem with Finalize script above with 10.7.3.dmg, also problems with no sound with 10.7.3, I searched for a 10.7.0.dmg and started again.

Fabios Procedure worked perfect with 10.7.0.dmg and audio working.

I couldn't find a FakeSMC in Extra/Extensions and wonder if this part of the procedure is obsolete due to Recreandae update?

• Reboot into a old OSX (ex: Snow or Leopard or other Lion)
  • Open terminal and enter in sudo mode

sudo -sEnter your admin password
    now...

vsdbutil -i /Volumes/the_name_of_your_Lion_partition
  • Now I suggest to move FakeSMC from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E
    For this you can use Kext Wizard
    (In my case I move also AppleVIAATA.Kext)
    now remove that file from Extra/Extensions (Of course we talk about the Lion partition)
    Always from Kext Wizard now we can rebuild the cache and repair disk permission..
    this take some time...
  • ) ok exit from sudo mode (Terminal)

exit

Applied 10.7.2 combo update, did Recreandae and everything still working including audio.

One problem, after I re-install 2 PCIE video editing cards into my system (used in Win7) that were removed temporarily for the install the boot hangs at:-

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

It hangs on every Lion boot and install partition if the PCIE cards are in their slots. (only boots with cards in slots with an old working SL 10.6.7 partition)

I am a nooob and dont fully understand enough to create my own DSDT.

Fabio - what would your next step be to try fix above? Don't know if my old DSDT would be good for Lion and how exactly to try old DSDT? Your response is much appreciated and would save me much time.

Thanks in advance and great job!

Ps I just tried boot into SL and deleted DSDT in Lion Extra folder, replaced with the DSDT from the working SL. When reboot, it gets 3 lines further past the IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors. These 3 lines:-

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

PFM64 (36 cpu) 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000

[ PCI configuration begin ]

Edited by msmvideo

Solved the hang at: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

Fix was to extract ACPI tables using Everest Lavalys (from Win 7) Renamed each table ssdt.aml, ssdt-2.aml and so on. Copy files to Extra folder. Now boots fully into Lion.

Sound and Shutdown not working and in need of patching. Not sure best way to go about this now for Asus P6T, can anyone save me a few more days googling, trial and error and a few more hundred reboots?

Sound and Shutdown not working and in need of patching. Not sure best way to go about this now for Asus P6T, can anyone save me a few more days googling, trial and error and a few more hundred reboots?

sorry for the delay... I'm very busy.

For Shutdown/CMOS reset try read here

CMOS Resets on Restarts after Sleep and Wake in 10.7 (Lion) by rayap

For the Audio try:

- Make a copy of your AppleHDA.kext into desktop

here a copy of AppleHDA (10.7.3) for ALC1200 >> AppleHDA.ALC1200.zip

Now use Kext Wizard to install the kext, as always repair disk permission and rebuild cache.

Fabio

Hello Fabio,

could you please help us? :help:

Original link in your post are broken and we need for i7 950 + P6T SE under Snow 10.6.8:

- DSDT

plus E/E:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

and S/L/E:

AppleHDA.kext

We usually use Chameleon RC2 853

Our original configuration lost some file and now we got a lot of Kernel Panic :-(

Thanks a lot in advance,

APCTK.

Hey guys.

I followed the How to in the first post and it worked even with a 10.7.3 install, downloaded from the App Store.

But of course i have to install several drivers (e.g. WIFI, LAN and Sound).

Christian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for an easy and smooth installation!!!

I have Asus pt6 deluxe v2 and I have 2 hard drives - one for Snow Leo and the other for Lion

I have updated it to 10.7.3 But I have a few problem and would really appreciate if someone could help me?

1.  I cannot boot from Hd only from the USB - I tried everything in the comments but nothing works. 

2.  When lion wakes up from its sleep I get a kernal panic. I tried everything that people suggested but nothing worked. 

When I did the lionize I choose map pro 3.1 and just found out I needed to choose 4.1 maybe that's the problem?

Thank you so much!!!

David.

I have a Rampage III Formula and all works great...including on-board sound.

I used a very similar install method, but slightly different...so everything on here as far as I can tell should also work perfectly with this board.

I had a perfect dsdt install similar to this a little earlier, but I then screwed up my graphics with some stupid stuff that was entirely my fault.

So a day ago I decided to reinstall with the ####### method instead. Everything works pretty much the same as it did with the dsdt.

So I can safely say this install method posted here should work with the Asus Rampage III Formula perfectly...or at least it can be safely assumed...

The way I got sound working was I used ######'s ###### (a collection of patches and kexts in one package)

And under sound I selected the ALC8xxHDA kext, Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for ALC889, and AppleHDA Rollback kext.

With all three of these kexts your native sound will work perfectly with automatic earphone detection and all. At last it

will work on an #######ƒ install...Although I also had native sound working with a DSDT as well...

I hope this helps. BTW this all works with the latest update of lion 10.7.3 perfectly ;)

Edit:

^In clarification to earlier post...

You probably know what the blanked out words are...I know its kinda a taboo term here and

please don't judge me, it was just faster for me as I needed to get things done fast...

Tony's tools do work great though...and for those who don't know all the patches, kexts, and enablers

that he put into the ####### package are all available free of charge here, on osx86.net, and on the

respective author's/creator's websites. So everything I explained about sound can be done without his

tools as well as long as you find all the needed kexts and enablers....which you should be able to do without a problem

good luck everyone ;)

I have a Rampage III Formula and all works great...including on-board sound.

Pls...

Now you have your boar up and running...

can you provide your IOREG (graphical) and LSPci info?

So I can complete the setup for your board and leave the (NEED FEEDBACK message)

THX Fabio

after updating to 10.7.3 and using "########" nvidia 5xx opencl enabler i lost reboot/shutdown ability. monitors turn off but pc stay on...

anyone have lost it too after update? did you solve it somehow?

i also lost sleep, but i don't need that. i just need reboot/shutdown as when i don't shutdown properly, turning computer off manually messes up my router dhcp sometimes :)

tx

anyone have lost it too after update? did you solve it somehow?

i also lost sleep, but i don't need that. i just need reboot/shutdown as when i don't shutdown properly, turning computer off manually messes up my router dhcp sometimes :)

tx

apply this patch for Sleep/cmos reset (THX to rayap)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Fabio

• Like 3

hi Fabio

one question: Is there something you actually DONT know? :)

your fix worked, i just had to edit GeForceGLDriver.bundle to get openCL working

once again thanks a lot

I'm still have problems. I ran the isntall, rebooted (with chameleon verbose mode on) and I get the error that is attached to the screen shot.

Looks like it could be related to AppleUSBCDC, AppleHDAWidget or some sort of ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

post-521432-0-40972700-1326910655_thumb.jpg

I got the same error , is there a fix for it